• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    How do you like your new Safariland? I've been looking at one too. I've carried in my Blackhawk Serpa CQC (and haven't shot myself either!) for the past couple years, but think I might make the switch.

I love it. I carried in the SERPA for about a year, and switched last month.

I made the switch for safety reasons. Not the "you'll shoot yourself" safety reasons, but the "Stuff gets stuck behind the release button" safety reasons.

It's a very nice holster. I carry a 6285 at work, and wanted to carry a similar holster off duty.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Yesterday, went over to the duck pond on Riverside with my girlfriend. Both open carried Glock 19s.

SBPD cop rolls past, no issues.

Some of the geese seemed on edge at first, but when I explained that it is legal to open carry in Indiana, and gave them some bread, the calmed down a bit.

Today, went to Cinemark 6 and 14 in Mishawaka. Also to U.P. Mall to Build-a-Bear, among other places. OCed my S&W M&P 40.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from the Freedom Festival at Craig Park in Greenwood.

Got an early text/call from my cousin that was already there. She said she saw some OC'ers being stopped by about 6 officers at the entrance, they checked his license, then called it in and told him to cover up.

Eff that Shiz.

I OC'd in the entire time. Beer garden and all. Saw other OCers. Good time

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Wow, all 3 of those places are posted "No Firearms". Surprised you didn't get hassled.

And there lies the beauty.

It turns out that the rules don't apply when you go in there to take their money.

As I was walking out of the mall, two MPD officers saw me OCing and carrying a bag of money out of Build-a-Bear. They nodded to me and said hi.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound

It turns out that the rules don't apply when you go in there to take their money.

As I was walking out of the mall, two MPD officers saw me OCing and carrying a bag of money out of Build-a-Bear. They nodded to me and said hi.

Just wanted to say nice avatar :thumbsup:

Hope they come back to the states soon.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Went to BDubs last night around 11pm to pick up a takeout order. The cashier at the counter noticed I was OCing and asked if I was a cop or had a license. I was pleased to hear the question about the license. I said I have a license to carry and we started talking about various models of handguns. She said her friend wears a bra that has a holster between her boobs for a compact handgun and she thought it was the bee's knees. I mentioned compression shirts and she said she'd look into that.

It was refreshing to talk to a stranger about firearms and methods to carry in a non-standoff manner. :thumbsup:

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I can say i "Open-carried" for the first time yesterday. I had my handgun in my concealed holster, but had my shirt tucked in behind the gun. I went to Walmart in Valparaiso and seemed a few people looked but nobody said anything. It was a great day!

SK 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    NWI
    Lets see, i OC'd at Michaels, Meijer, Best Buy and 5 Below and then me and the wifey got Ice cream at Froyo and ate outside. The girls there always stare at the 1911, but hey, better safe than sorry.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lets see, i OC'd at Michaels, Meijer, Best Buy and 5 Below and then me and the wifey got Ice cream at Froyo and ate outside. The girls there always stare at the 1911, but hey, better safe than sorry.

Tell them it's been there for years and never jumped out.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend

I see what you did there....

00982873_clap_gif.gif

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    OC'd to the Meijer at the West end of Main St in Greenwood last night for some last minute shopping. The lady at the register was the only one who noticed. She said "are you packin?" I stumbled for a minute about what she was referring to since we had some boxes in the cart. Anyways, I said "yes, I carry a gun wherever I go" and that was that. She didn't appear to be scared or freaked out. She just seemed curious.

Did she really say bees knees?

No, that's my terminology, but her expression and excitement when talking about it definitely justify the use of the phrase.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to PNC this morning, had a talk to the teller about making an account while I was making a payment. I saw her eyeing behind me a few times, figured a mgr or something was standing by.

Then went to Subway. Walked the sidewalk, a lady was approaching the opposite way. I opened the Subway door to let her in.

She waddled/ran to her friends in line and whispered loudly, very quickly "The guy behind me has a gun!...", her friend said "what?", and she repeated again (by the time I was right behind her in line), "The guy behind me has a gun!". Her two friends looked around her to see me, as I raised an eyebrow and laughed.

Top Bottom