• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Never oc'd much, cause my gun and holster have been too heavy to be comfy. However, I got a new holster for myself for my birthday, so I'm gonna be trying to carry more. I oc'd at my own yard sale all weekend (in my driveway/garage), and tonight I did it at Amazing Joe's Grill in Columbus and Kroger. No comments, no obvious stares.

bdwhitaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    OC'd at Steak N Shake for breakfast, then on to Target in Greenwood to do some grocery shopping... no one even gave me a second look.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Bass Pro in Portage, for Father's day dinner with my Father. No issues there as expected. Few extended family members gave me the unhappy look, I failed to care.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not going to recount my past month of OC'ing. You can probably guess most of them.

I did run into a guy wearing a molon labe shirt in starbucks. He said he was too young to carry, but thanked me for OCing.

MrCooper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Just yesterday at Walmart, Autozone and Verizon. I don't always open carry but I do fairly often. I've only ever had one person say anything, a Taco Bell cashier who was probably 17 or so.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left BW3, eating on their dime for the next few visits after sending an e-mail about some very sub-par chicken I had, and dirty beer glasses.

Then went to Speedway.

Cashier girl: Got a speedy card?
    Me: I told you last time, no. *laugh*
    Well GET one
    Yeah yeah
    Look at me, hassling the person with the gun
    Nah, I'm one of the good ones.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Just left BW3, eating on their dime for the next few visits after sending an e-mail about some very sub-par chicken I had, and dirty beer glasses.

Then went to Speedway.

Cashier girl: Got a speedy card?
    Me: I told you last time, no. *laugh*
    Well GET one
    Yeah yeah
    Look at me, hassling the person with the gun
    Nah, I'm one of the good ones.

Are you left handed? I saw somebody OCing that came in for a takeout order at the Greenwood location about two hours ago as me and the girlfriend were walking out. I almost said something. I was carrying concealed for once.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are you left handed? I saw somebody OCing that came in for a takeout order at the Greenwood location about two hours ago as me and the girlfriend were walking out. I almost said something. I was carrying concealed for once.

Nope =/ But I was there about 3 hours ago, Glock 23 on right-hip

BAH. I thought someone here finally saw me in the public.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Nope =/ But I was there about 3 hours ago, Glock 23 on right-hip

BAH. I thought someone here finally saw me in the public.

:dunno: Oh well. At least my assumption that you are "beardier" is still plausible. That guy definitely was not beardy or right handed.

The guy I saw was wearing a baseball cap, t-shirt, long pants, kydex holster that had a glock with a tac light, and looked flustered.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Earlier: Starbucks, Chik-Fil-A (officer at table, didn't notice/care), Thornton's Gas station (woman pumping nearby in a car covered in lefty bumper stickers looked at me a bit...), liquor store

Just got back from walking the dogs. While walking, a police car drove up the neighborhood road slowly, and stopped for a second while passing me. He didn't say anything though, I just figured someone in the neighborhood made a MWAG call.

About a 100ft further, some people outside talking called over to me complimenting our German Shepherd. Then they were talking about how they just called the cops on a bunch of kids parking in our neighborhood to get to some field nearby. So I guess it wasn't a call on me!

Talked a bit, and made my way home.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    OC'd last Friday at Fifth Third in Newburgh. Went in to cash my pay check. It is not the ranch that I normally bank with, but it is closer to home. I was approached by an employee while standing in line. She told me that I still had my weapon on my hip, and that they would prefer that I not carry it in.

I said ok, you can prefer that. I continued to wait for the next teller. The manager then came out and informed me that "They did not allow firearms in the bank center. I would need to leave."

I told him that I would go to my regular branch and they would take care of my banking needs. I wanted to go back into the branch the next day to get his business card so that I could email him and his boss; however, I didn't want to break his rules since I would be carrying.

I consulted with my usual branch manager and now have the name of the offending manager and his boss. I will be writing to complain about the lack of service.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    OC'd last Friday at Fifth Third in Newburgh. Went in to cash my pay check. It is not the ranch that I normally bank with, but it is closer to home. I was approached by an employee while standing in line. She told me that I still had my weapon on my hip, and that they would prefer that I not carry it in.

I said ok, you can prefer that. I continued to wait for the next teller. The manager then came out and informed me that "They did not allow firearms in the bank center. I would need to leave."

I told him that I would go to my regular branch and they would take care of my banking needs. I wanted to go back into the branch the next day to get his business card so that I could email him and his boss; however, I didn't want to break his rules since I would be carrying.

I consulted with my usual branch manager and now have the name of the offending manager and his boss. I will be writing to complain about the lack of service.

Good, glad to hear it! I bank at Fifth-Third, and I've been in many different branches, mostly around Greenwood... without a problem. Only one time the teller's thought guns were illegal in banks, I educated them thusly.

Another time, a teller/mgr complimented my gun and said he carries as well. I'd love to see more of us OC in banks to get over the stigma that a bank is some super-special sacred place.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh

That's crazy!! I walk in there usually twice a week with my gun on my hip, and no one has said a single word to me. Hell, I don't even get weird looks anymore, just the usual Hi, Colin!

Oh, to make this legit, walked around the apartment complex, (found a spot here that's eerily familiar to the spot that all that crap happened with Trayvon Martins shooting. Ummm, walmart to pick up some charcoal for a unplanned cook out with friends, then on a nightly walk around the apartment complex (yes, two walks).

No issues. I will OC to 5/3rd in Newburgh tomorrow, and see if something changed since last Friday when I was there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Right. Cause I'm sure none of their business customers handling thousands of dollars are armed.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I would assume also that they have no law enforcement customers. If they don't allow firearms, then that sounds like a pretty blanket statement to me.

Top Bottom