• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    DONT TEAR ME A NEW ONE! Have a question..
    Today I paid my last fee to carry, now does that allow me to CC, and OC? Or do I need another endorsment to OC?
    Also since no class is need, besides schools and post offices, where should I not carry?

1) Your LTCH allows you to carry a handgun as you see fit. OC/CC is not mentioned in the law.

2) So, no endorsement to carry openly

3) off limits: All school properties (and this is a very broad definition), secure areas of an airport, federal buildings (this is where the post office comes from), and lots of other random places (courts by court order, government buildings that have manned metal detectors, can't OC at public meetings if there is an ordinance against it, etc.....).

The website handgunlaw.us gives a decent breakdown by state. Indiana's specific laws are here:
    Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    3) off limits: and lots of other random places (courts by court order, government buildings that have manned metal detectors, can't OC at public meetings if there is an ordinance against it, etc.....).

Slight correction, they can restrict/prohibit firearms from government buildings with metal detectors. But that doesn't apply to handguns carried with a LTCH. Except for a courtroom.
    (13)
    However, except as provided in subdivision (5) concerning a building that contains a courtroom, a unit may not prohibit or restrict the possession of a handgun under this subdivision in a building owned or administered by the unit if the person who possesses the handgun has been issued a valid license to carry the handgun under IC 35-47-2.
    Indiana Code 35-47-11.1

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Friday night my wife dragged me (and 4 teenagers, 2 ours & 2 friends) downtown to see the lighting of the "tree". Before we left, I put my 9mm on my hip, and she said "Are you really going to carry that tonight?"

My bewildered response; "Are you KIDDING me??" Afterwards OC'd in Rock Bottom Brew Pub. Uneventful. Funny thing is, my kids friends are so used to seeing me OC'ing, they ask me about it less than my wife does.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My weekend, for the most part:

Started with getting home last week. Girlfriend's mom was in-town staying at our place for Thanksgiving. I pull into the garage, and she arrives behind me with her parents. So, they all got to see my USP in it's glory. She's also ultra-liberal, but she's never mentioned me carrying (to my face, at least.)

Liquor store, Starbucks, Kroger, Subway, and gas station. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from lunch, went to Arby's on 86th.

Guy in line noticed I was carrying, and asked what it was. Says his service gun is a Glock in 40, and told me what his son carries.

Talked a lot about laws and his personal encounters in the past in which a firearm was utilized. Talked about frivelous lawsuits (like the mom suing, kroger shooting situation). Talked about how his employer encourages workers to carry, and his current job often puts him in rough neighborhoods.

Good long talk of guns while waiting for food.

Other than that, went to BP to get a Red Bull and a winning lottery ticket.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yesterday, just around the house.

Had an insurance adjuster out to look at my roof. While waiting for my general contractor to show up as well, he mentioned that "not too many home owners answer the door with a gun. You in law enforcement?". Me: "Nope. I just carry.". Turns out his sister and her husband are part owners in a shooting range somewhere in Arkansas (he is from Texas). We chatted guns and shooting and the like for a bit. He commented that "more folks should carry. There is just too much crazy stuff out there".

Now I just gotta get my roof fixed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just Starbucks this morning.

About to go to lunch with a couple of co-workers. Last time I did this, and carried, I was fired the next day... so, probably won't do it this time.

Top Bottom