• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Been a couple days since I posted here...several trips into town. Have gone through Walmart, Sams Club, Lowes, Home Depot, several gas stations...

Only odd spot was the guy in the parking lot of Shoe Carnival in Clarksville. Older, looked homeless. Ripped clothing all over, long stringy beard, etc. Don't know his story, obviously, and I hate to stereotype, but I wasn't very trusting of him.

He approached my wife and I as we went to get back into our car after shopping. I saw him coming, and so unlocked the car doors so my wife could get in, then stepped around to my side, which was the side close to him.

The cross-draw pancake with a 5" railed 1911 isn't super subtle, and it was on the side that was towards him, so I saw his eyes dart to it several times as he approached us. He asked for a ride to Kroger; I turned him down. Couldn't even if I had wanted to, because the back of the jeep had a recliner in it, absolutely no room left.

He asked what I was carrying, complimented it, and walked off.

Could've been legit just a guy needing a little help, but who knows. Unfortunately, can't trust anybody these days, and I'm not letting some stranger I don't know sit behind me and my wife in my car while I'm focused on driving.

Was proud of my wife though. As soon as she saw him approaching, she followed my lead, got right into the car, and had her hand in her purse through the entire encounter. Even without discussion beforehand, she knew to get herself out of the way, and be ready all the same.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    OC'd into walmart in Beechgrove yesterday evening and then stopped off at Firehouse Subs on my way back home where I ran into a acquaintance from high school. We chatted about life after high school and then started talking about guns at which point he said that he also carries and that he's looking for defensive handgun classes to take. I directed him to this website so hopefully he pops in soon for visit. A great experience and wonderful to know that more people in my age group are embracing this path in life.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went into Starbucks this morning (probably won't be doing this much more, Girlfriend got me an espresso machine!)

Barista I usually deal with in the mornings said "This'll sound wierd, but I thought of you last night..."

I chuckled and said "Go on..."

She said she was watching some news story about the increase of LTCH's being acquired, and some handgun data. And being her morning carrier, I was the first person to come to mind. Hehe

Edit: Just got back from Popeyes Chicken (first time going there in my entire life.)

Uh... they actually sell gallons of kool-aid behind the counter. Just an observation.

Last edited:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Went into Starbucks this morning (probably won't be doing this much more, Girlfriend got me an espresso machine!)

Barista I usually deal with in the mornings said "This'll sound wierd, but I thought of you last night..."

I chuckled and said "Go on..."

She said she was watching some news story about the increase of LTCH's being acquired, and some handgun data. And being her morning carrier, I was the first person to come to mind. Hehe

Edit: Just got back from Popeyes Chicken (first time going there in my entire life.)

Uh... they actually sell gallons of kool-aid behind the counter. Just an observation.

and delicous sweet tea

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    OCd at my usual Chinese place on route 6 in portage. The Chinese lady who i believe runs the place got into it with a couple who filled their take out bag with plastic silverware on their way out. The man was a larger guy and was acting as if he was going to do something violent. It got way out of hand for silverware. but luckily they stormed off after a bit of yelling. Then OCd at walmart doing some routine shopping.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Nope, all good. She was just really snobby looking. Made intentional looks at my eyes, then to my hip, then back at me. Just making sure that I noticed her disapproval.

Just start scratching and adjusting your junk. Don't look at her when you do it, but look at her, look away, then scratch, then look back. Repeat.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I haven't posted here in a while. Guess there haven't been any run ins lately so I haven't felt the urge. Today I just ran some normal errands, Hucks, Donut Bank, Fifth Third (inside, the tellers all know me pretty well), Coach store in the mall (cc'd), Red Ghost gun store, and then I went to work today at three.

I was wearing a smaller than normal shirt today, so I 'hybrid' carried for the most part. Between restocking, getting under the counter, reaching up high, and moving around I was OC or mostly OC for the day.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Went to get some Chinese food at Shanghai in Corydon last night. Place was pretty busy, and the one waitress did a fantastic job. Plus, the food was DELICIOUS. We will definitely be returning.

And only a few weird glances from a couple of female patrons. All in all, a good night. :)

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    wayback burger and toys r us in evansville. if they dont want you to carry in their store they need to place the window sticker of no-no's oh i dont know maybe somewhere near eye level would be good. no problems though my jacket covered well just made sure i didnt do anything to cause it to print.

Top Bottom