• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Believe me, I let no one tell me when to carry or not carry. I carry always.

But in this situation - Being unemployed blows. I am having enough trouble with paying bills, so I need to get more comfortable and whatnot before OC'ing with work people.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just back from lunch, went to PNC, 5/3, Arby's, and BP.

Cashier at Arby's, younger black guy, said "You scare me every time you come in here with that!" laughing

The other cashier said "Nice piece." as they both complimented it.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Logan's roadhouse on Ireland rd for dinner. No one noticed my sidearm, however everyone noticed when the 'host' (ess??.. it was a dude) did a full power jump to look over a partition wall... the caveat was that he was IN the doorway and full power bashed his skull on the top of the doorway.. he fell to the floor instantly, ran to the kitchen, where I'm sure he created some 4 letter words LMFAO.

Sorry.. I OC'd there, and narry a look/whisper.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Kentucky. Visit with the family.

To the movies, to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, and to a bowling alley. Not even a sideways glance. One kid pointed to it as we walked past and said, "Dad, he's got a gun." Father said that's right, and asked him what they do with guns. "Keep your finger off the trigger." Father gave his son a high-five... I gave the father a high-five.

There aren't any open carry laws in Kentucky. Don't even need a LTCH (I think they call it a DWL or something). They do things right.

cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    Kentucky. Visit with the family.

To the movies, to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, and to a bowling alley. Not even a sideways glance. One kid pointed to it as we walked past and said, "Dad, he's got a gun." Father said that's right, and asked him what they do with guns. "Keep your finger off the trigger." Father gave his son a high-five... I gave the father a high-five.

There aren't any open carry laws in Kentucky. Don't even need a LTCH (I think they call it a DWL or something). They do things right.
    Bdubs eh??

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Logan's roadhouse on Ireland rd for dinner. No one noticed my sidearm, however everyone noticed when the 'host' (ess??.. it was a dude) did a full power jump to look over a partition wall... the caveat was that he was IN the doorway and full power bashed his skull on the top of the doorway.. he fell to the floor instantly, ran to the kitchen, where I'm sure he created some 4 letter words LMFAO.

Sorry.. I OC'd there, and narry a look/whisper.

I OC there all the time and never get a look. Good burgers!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Couple events:

Last night - Went to Flashbacks for dinner, Meijer, and then Meijer Gas station

Was in line at the gas station, one lady in front of me was taking a while. One of the younger guys working there saw me, stopped cleaning, and took care of my order. He asked "What're you carrying?" I answered, "USP 40. Do you carry?" He was pretty young. He said he just finished his LTCH application, and he'll be shopping for a firearm soon. He said he heard the lifetime license will be gone next year. I told him "They always say that, don't worry about it", and went on my way.

Today, Starbucks and McDonalds this morning in Greenwood. There was a Sherriff car at McDonalds. Didn't notice anyone inside, but one of the gentlemen in line followed my hip with his eyes as I got in line behind him. Never said anything.

Subway for lunch.

That's about it.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    dicks sporting goods,wildbirds and things, gander mountain,menards(evansville,in.) and local grocery store. stood in line at dicks for 15 mintues or more and not even the older women behind me muttered a word. i keep waiting on some lib to say something but hasnt happened i guess thats a good thing.

Relatively Ninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    dicks sporting goods,wildbirds and things, gander mountain,menards(evansville,in.) and local grocery store. stood in line at dicks for 15 mintues or more and not even the older women behind me muttered a word. i keep waiting on some lib to say something but hasnt happened i guess thats a good thing.

In my humble experience, it's not the libs that will say something, it's the people who don't know the laws that will speak up. In the short time that I've been carrying (less than two years) the only negative experience I've had was a security guard at kroger that was honestly convinced that the average citizen can't take their weapon out in public. Aside from that one dark spot, my experiences carrying have been a mixture of no comments whatsoever and pleasant conversations with people who share a similar mindset.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last night went to Just Wing'n It. There was a sherriff's car in the lot, but not sure if he was there or at Margeritas next door. Either way.

Guy at the bar watched me as I walked in and sat down, but no one said anything.

Then to the liquor store. Cashier there recognized me, since he carries while working

Top Bottom