• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Meijer on 135, then Starbucks.

The Guardia truck pulled in at the same time, and the money guy couldn't keep his eyes off of me. He looked pretty shaken... which is sad. Couple Starbucks employees recognized the situation and also couldn't stop staring at me. -_-

Then to liquor store, then Krispy Krunchy Chicken on 31. Whiteland police car was parked, looks like he was getting his hair cut next door. He noticed me, but didn't jump out of his chair to chase me down.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Wow, no one else going out and about OCing ?
    Grovertown truckstop today for lunch
    See below...
    It's hard to OC with a coat on. It's cold outside!
    I'm hardly ever in a store long enough to take off my coat anyways, but I did spend some time in furniture stores recently:

-Ashley Furniture in Castleton
    -Pure Sleep in Castleton
    -Urban Sleep Store in Castleton
    -Harvety's in Castleton

And some food:
    -Steak N Shake on sunnside & pendleton pike
    -Walmart on Pendleton Pike near sunnyside

And ammo:
    -Gander Mountain in Castleton

Maybe a glance or two here and there, but nobody said anything :thumbsup:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Went to Meijer on 135, then Starbucks.

The Guardia truck pulled in at the same time, and the money guy couldn't keep his eyes off of me. He looked pretty shaken... which is sad. Couple Starbucks employees recognized the situation and also couldn't stop staring at me. -_-

Then to liquor store, then Krispy Krunchy Chicken on 31. Whiteland police car was parked, looks like he was getting his hair cut next door. He noticed me, but didn't jump out of his chair to chase me down.

What is the Krispy Krunchy Chicken of which you speak? We are intrigued! Tell us more . . .

rhino out!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Went to Kohls, Bed Bath & Beyond, and TGI Fridays in Castleton this afternoon/evening. No issues.

When we were coming across River Crossing Blvd up in the shopping area toward Kohls a lady cut me off in the middle of the intersection because she was on her phone and not paying attention to her RED STOP LIGHT. I had to swerve around her to miss her while laying on my horn. She actually followed us into the parking lot blowing her horn at me, signifying she's #1, and cussing at us from her driver side window as she went by. She then cuts me off and slams on her brakes right in front of me. Luckily I was already slowing down to put distance between us and I just turned on a side road to get away. When I turned I saw a low profile (no exterior light bar) on a Lawrence PD officer's squad car and I flagged him down (he was off duty) and told him what was going on. He drove around the parking lot and I saw her going into Kohls and pointed her out. We parked and got out of the car, the officer came by and said " I saw her , I'll hang out here for a minute. Did she show any weapons or anything like that? I said no, she just purposely tried to cause an accident. If she did threaten our lives I've got that covered. Then I turned to my left and showed the officer my M&P9c in my owb holster. The officer just laughed and jokingly said "Good, now you can just slap her for me. She looked angry and crazy."

:rofl:

The coolest thing was that after I said you're off duty, I don't want to bother you the officer replied "It's ok, we're never really off duty." And he said it with a smile.:+1: to that Lawrence PD Officer.

Last edited:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Well, not so much as today, but more of the last couple days. Open Carried starting out at home outside of South Bend, traveled to Kokomo, had breakfast at a McD's on US 31. Wife got speeding ticket from state trooper. Trooper did not mention LTCH or ask about weapons. Went to Indy, stopped for gas, went in, got snacks, left. Headed towards Cincinatti and took State Road 1 south to I-275 instead of running into Ohio. The family and I successfully navigated the river and found ourselves in Kentucky. Refueled there, grabbed some food, let the kids out to play a bit. Got back on the road and headed towards Knoxville, TN. Stopped around Oakridge, refueled, let kids out to play. Got back on road and headed over into North Carolina, stopped at Black Mountain, refueled, kids out to play, got back on road. Headed to Statesville, NC for a hotel room. Went out to breakfast with a large group, came back to hotel, got dressed up. Cleaned holster up and headed to a wedding. Went to the reception and then out to eat in the evening. Went back to hotel.

Then did the same all the way back, only had to get a hotel room in Batesville when the snow/ice hit the area. Only place open to eat was a steak N shake. Inside were 3 state troopers. One had the audacity to wave and smile at my son (less than 2 yrs old). He then had the temerity to glance at my sidearm, nod, and walk away. JBT's were not outside waiting for me when meal was over. Got back home yesterday afternoon.

So, open carried in multiple locations in 4 different states.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Meijer in Greenwood on 135. Was looking at tuna, and who I believe was a Meijer worker walked by me after talking to his friend. Just commented, "Ah, packing a Glock!"

"That's right." I responded.

He responded with "Nice", I believe... and was on his way.

Tay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    Plymouth
    Walmart, Kroger and Marathon. Talked with an awesome cop who absolutely loves to see young men and women exercising their rights! Props to the Warsaw Police Department!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Walmart, Kroger and Marathon. Talked with an awesome cop who absolutely loves to see young men and women exercising their rights! Props to the Warsaw Police Department!
    If you got his name please contact the chief and tell him how pleased your encounter was with him. We need more LEO like him.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I been carrying most everywhere. My jacket is a corduroy blazer/sports jacket and it's semi open carry as I have several inches of exposed barrel that protrudes from from under the jacket (7.5" barrel from crossdraw on left side).

Since I satarted carying some time ago only had 2 people comment both recently, one at the laundromat, after his kids and mine played and we had talked for some time with mom and dad, he told his son to look at my waist and see what I had. Son was 7 or so, and he wanted me to pull my jacket back a bit so the boy could see. Afterwards we had a pleasant conversation about firearms and I invited him to INGO.

Second was when I stopped in Leroys general store in Lexington. Leyroy goes to my church and the weather was warm so I had no jacket on, full OC. He came up and patted the holster and asked what size we got there? I told him a .36 and he asked if it was a C&B, and I said yes. He said have a nice day as I had just paid and turned and resumed on his was as I left.

Two VERY positive experiences, the only ones so far. Just thought I'd report in.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Last night, the family went to Texas Roadhouse in Columbus. Due to some unfortunate seating, we were seated in a booth. At the end of the meal I stood up to just get out of the booth and our server brought back our card and receipts. I had taken off my jacket and hadn't put it back on yet, so he got a full view of my OC sidearm. He was quite shocked that I was carrying and asked "What's the occasion?" I simply stated that it was every day. Sockmonkey piped up and said "Mine's bigger." (I carry a subcompact, she a full size) She was still seated but her carry side was facing out of the booth. He did a double take and after the initial shock, regained his composure and said "The world is a dangerous place," and walked away.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I took my 2 year old to lunch at Chik-fil-a Saturday. I saw an older gentleman with an NRA hat who nodded in what I hope was approval when I walked up to the counter to get a refill.

I had to be on extra high alert the entire meal, as there was a birthday party full of 5 year-olds going on in the restaurant while we were there.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I took my 2 year old to lunch at Chik-fil-a Saturday. I saw an older gentleman with an NRA hat who nodded in what I hope was approval when I walked up to the counter to get a refill.

I had to be on extra high alert the entire meal, as there was a birthday party full of 5 year-olds going on in the restaurant while we were there.

And you made it out alive?!?! Apparently you've got some skillz :D

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Rural King, Kroger, and the bank for the first time the other day, felt kinda weird walking into the bank, but I go to the same bank every time and the ladies working in there know me. I always go to this certain bank and get their older coins and paper money that people bring in. I was filling out my deposit ticket and I hear "sir, sir," I was thinking oh god here we go. She says " sir I have to go to vault would you be getting your usual today?" I replied yes. :rockwoot: All was good yesterday!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    And you made it out alive?!?! Apparently you've got some skillz :D

I had to sit in a corner booth facing the door so I could keep an eye on 'em all. At one point my daughter even spilled a soda on the floor so they'd have to slip and slide their way toward me if they wanted to make a move.

Top Bottom