• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Gander mountain lafayette and walked out as they wanted me to empty and check my gun. Payless/Kroger in Lafayette and was greeted by the assistant manager with a firm handshake

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Gander mountain lafayette and walked out as they wanted me to empty and check my gun. Payless/Kroger in Lafayette and was greeted by the assistant manager with a firm handshake

Yes I did and had a $200 gift card to spend too. So it will be going to someone else in the family.

I wonder if they were just enforcing what they THINK is policy.
    I OC at Gander with no problems.
    Guns I'm buying stuff is cased though.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.

You need to get in touch with their corporate HQ because that is totally against their stated policy. They even have signs at the doors stating as much.

ASD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Southside
    Meijer and vitamin shoppe in greenwood. Lots of moms with little kids in Meijer and I was waiting for a "mommy he has a gun" but not one word.

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    For the record, I have OC in Gander...but honestly, when I do, I am dressed in dress slacks, shoes shirt and tie...sometimes suit jacket...look like a detective ( I assume) so they leave me alone...Plus, I am always outgoing and social and call everyone by name (I read thier name badges) ...

On to the topic...took my son and 1 year old grandaughter to IHOP this morning for breakfast...got to our seats, I remove my coat to show me OCing a 1911 Government in a Blackhawk Serpa....my side faced several people...when we got up to pay our bill, I was standing OCing in front of everyone. No gasps, no haters, no lovers. Nada, zip.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Like GONZO!!! I usually am business dressed (and I OC). Was in Meijer & took my coat off (got warm) exposing my Colt Commander. Walking down dairy aisle, I see a guy wearing a t-shirt (printing a full size handgun). I stop next to him, smiled & said, "I see you "printing", but mums the word". He turns red with embarrassment and says, "Yes, its a Glock .40 cal. I'm a police officer". I then extend my hand & thank him for his service to the community. He shakes my hand & says he doesn't like OC (reason he is CC). I ask why & he uses the "first to be targeted" argument against OC (as he nods toward my 1911).

We talked for several minutes about firearms & OC vs. CC. I asked if he could show me one case where OC caused someone to be a "target" by a BG. He said no. we politely agreed to disagree, but respected each others views. In all, respectful, polite, and a good conversation. I also invited him to join INGO.
    :D

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I have stated this a couple of times before....

I would love to go into a place like Gander in business attire OCing. Be friendly. Call people by their names, etc.

Then leave...wait until later in the same day....

Come back dressed in baggy saggy jeans, oversized jersey with hoodie, hat turned to a 30 degree angle to one side, a bandana and a little bling....AND of course, OCing...approachthe same people you spoke with earlier that morning...

What would be the reaction?!

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    Like GONZO!!! I usually am business dressed (and I OC). Was in Meijer & took my coat off (got warm) exposing my Colt Commander. Walking down dairy aisle, I see a guy wearing a t-shirt (printing a full size handgun). I stop next to him, smiled & said, "I see you "printing", but mums the word". He turns red with embarrassment and says, "Yes, its a Glock .40 cal. I'm a police officer". I then extend my hand & thank him for his service to the community. He shakes my hand & says he doesn't like OC (reason he is CC). I ask why & he uses the "first to be targeted" argument against OC (as he nods toward my 1911).

We talked for several minutes about firearms & OC vs. CC. I asked if he could show me one case where OC caused someone to be a "target" by a BG. He said no. we politely agreed to disagree, but respected each others views. In all, respectful, polite, and a good conversation. I also invited him to join INGO.
    :D

Love friendly encounters like this. Fun meeting new people from carrying!

Top Bottom