• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Finally got around to doing a full open carry today. Normally I carry concealed in a shoulder rig or partialy concealed as 3-4 inches of barrel stick below my jacket.

Today I let the 1851 with 7.5" barrel show in all its historical glory for the first time "in town". Circle K in Kent for bottle of tea, Circle K on Michigan Ave in Madison for kerosene, and Subway in Hanover for a lunchtime sammich, walmart parking lot in Madison as walked around the van helpin the kids, same thing at the dentist while the misses was gettin a cleanin.

I did see a stern faced younger officer goin into the Subway/Gas station as I was puttin on my sealt belt to leave, but I think he just wanted his sammich too, no MWAG call.

Proud and happy to finally be able to post to this thread!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    McDonalds on 135 this morning, just south of Co Line.

Three officers were inside, didn't seem to notice or care.

Kroger yesterday evening, again, no one cared.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I attended a funeral in Milltown (Crawford County,) Indiana this morning. A dear family friend, Gary Schotter Sr. passed away last Wednesday and he will be deeply missed.

I did not OC at the funeral but we stopped by El Nopalito's in Corydon on our way back to Indianapolis for some food where I did.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lots of places today. Dad and I went to some breweries down in Columbus. Stopped at 450 North Brewery, then down to Powerhouse brewery at Columbus Bar. Then over to the Antique Mall

Woo

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just stopped by Liquor store and Krispy Krunchy Chicken on the way home (Greenwood, 31)

Lady was sitting inside the chicken place, older, seemed related to one of the employees. She made smalltalk with an employee while I was waiting for my order. When I walked out, got in my car, she was making one of those "Can you believe that?!" faces, rolling her eyes, and looking out the door at me.

Glad she waited for me to leave before she started insulting me.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Chik-Fil-A on southport/emerson around noon for brunch and then we went over to Kim's Kakes for sweets. I stopped by Gander Mountain to handle a M&P9c. I'm thinking about trading in my full size for one. We'll see.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BW3 last night with some family. Waiter(s) and manager were friendly as always, and never mentioned it.

Got to talking guns with a co-worker today, he's doing some training courses in Zionsville and still considering purchasing a gun. He's got some family in the government, and one very close to the White House... that keeps telling him that ammo will be the way the gov goes after guns... since it's not explicitly in the Constitution. I think I've heard that route before... can't remember.

Ah well. Good long talk.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    To the apple store in Castleton with the Girlfriend. Her iPhone crapped out the night before and then started working again but we took it up there to get it checked out anyway. No one gave me crap for OCing a FS M&P9. After that we went into the North Face store next door so I could look at some winter driving gloves. They don't carry my size, fat hands. This evening I made my way over to Bradis in Camby to put some cash down on a Kimber Pro Carry II, blued steel...looks sheek and I'm expecting good times with it. Hopefully I'll pick that up on Monday. OC'd in there but I put the magazine in my pocket and put the chambered round in my other pocket and stuck the gun back in it's holster.

Top Bottom