• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Down in Greenwood at a dog park today. I swear, not even five minutes after we shut the gate, the dogs were like "Ok, we're ready to go now."

Speedway at US 40 & Ronald Reagan, Mc D's at I-70 and 267. The guy ahead of me in line at the Mc D's saw my gun as he got ready to leave and said "Nice gun. Is that a Glock?" I said "No, it's an H&K". He looked puzzled, shrugged, and walked off. I guess I didn't impress him since I didn't have a Glock.
    He didn't realize there are other firearm manufacturers besides Glock.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Down in Greenwood at a dog park today. I swear, not even five minutes after we shut the gate, the dogs were like "Ok, we're ready to go now."

Is it the one over on Stop 18 and Averitt? I've OC'd there a few times with the dogs.

Lately - Dunkin Donuts, Stacked Pickle, Kroger, BP, Subway... the usual stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Lassus / Handy Dandy in Fort Wayne at Wallen and Coldwater. Nice young lady getting some Pall Malls. I didn't gawk long enough to see what she was carrying, but I felt better that there was 2 of us in there. I carry in there everyday, although 95% of the time I'm CC. Place is riddled with 5yo girls. I quickly scanned for them when I saw the OC, we were clear!

Two things:

1. I think you meant to post in this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...efense/108732-where-did-you-see-oc-today.html
    2. Nice ladies don't smoke Pall Malls.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Yesterday to the bank (had to cover it with my T-shirt,) Burlington Coat Factory, Meijer, and Greek's Pizzeria.

Is it the one over on Stop 18 and Averitt? I've OC'd there a few times with the dogs.

Lately - Dunkin Donuts, Stacked Pickle, Kroger, BP, Subway... the usual stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    I'm not for sure. It's a "Indy Park" with a mile long sidewalk in a loop around the park. I hadn't been there before but the fenced in area for the dogs was huuuuge.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Past few days... Stacked Pickle, Margeritas, Liquor store, PNC, Speedway, Dunkin Donuts (They know me now, like a regular!), around the yard (got a wave from my also gun-carrying neighbor), Meijer, Subway, and Chik-Fil-A.

Went to the post office yesterday and today. I remember OC'ing there a couple years ago, but I can't remember now if it's off-limits... the one in Greenwood on Smith Valley. Just left it in the car for these visits.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Past few days... Stacked Pickle, Margeritas, Liquor store, PNC, Speedway, Dunkin Donuts (They know me now, like a regular!), around the yard (got a wave from my also gun-carrying neighbor), Meijer, Subway, and Chik-Fil-A.

Went to the post office yesterday and today. I remember OC'ing there a couple years ago, but I can't remember now if it's off-limits... the one in Greenwood on Smith Valley. Just left it in the car for these visits.
    Post offices are federal property. Carrying is not legal there in any mode. Don't do that.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Yesterday had to run a few errands to Kroger, Lamping Cleaners, Dale's restaurant, & Southport Barbershop.

Southport barbershop was interesting. I hadn't been there before and decided to stop in. I saw a IMPD patrol car and a SUV with Vietnam vet stickers all over it so I figured "ok, can't be too shabby." My girlfriend and I walked up to the door and the lady inside looked over and said "No guns allowed" with a straight face so I stopped short of the door and said "ok, I'll take my business elsewhere" then turned around and started to walk away. The lady then said "wait! I was joking!" We went back inside and she said it was a joke. I completely missed it. Got my hair cut and a straight razor shave of the neck and around the ears for $13. I'm definitely going back.

Good to know.
    I believe that technically even leaving it in your car on the property is considered illegal. CIIW though I can't specify the code(s.)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Post offices are federal property. Carrying is not legal there in any mode. Don't do that.
    Been a lot of debate on that, and even a court ruling. From what I recall, indoors is way off limits. Parking lots may be perfectly OK.

For me, just went to Starbucks yesterday morning. No issues, as per the norm.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Subway. Got to the cashier, she said "Happy Birthday, Enjoy!" and didn't charge me.

I go there often enough, I guess it was just a stealth freebie, so other customers didn't question it. Nice.

(No, it's not my birthday :P )

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Been a lot of debate on that, and even a court ruling. From what I recall, indoors is way off limits. Parking lots may be perfectly OK.

For me, just went to Starbucks yesterday morning. No issues, as per the norm.

That's correct. I was referring only to carrying inside the actual post office (not the parking lot), which is illegal. The website www.Handgunlaw.us makes reference to U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado ruling on July 10, 2013 (Bonidy vs USPS) that banning firearms in vehicles on Post Office Property was Unconstitutional. Not sure if this issue has been decided in Indiana. Need the lawyers to chime in.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Kroger on the southside yesterday. While checking out, the bagger and cashier both commented on my M&P9 and said it was "pretty." I started by asking them if they are gun owners and they both said no but that they saw some handguns that had "pink stuff" on them and they wanted one.

Top Bottom