• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rgbyrunner21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    United States
    long time Concealed carry but i finally bought a blackhawk holster so i tried it today and absolutely LOVED it, OCed at target, walmart, and starbucks (guilty pleasure even though they are now anti-gun) all without an issue

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Cold this morning, so CC (coat covered my OWB holster) at Pawn Shop in Elkhart, Midwest Gun Exchange, Krispy Kreme, and Sam's Club in Mishawaka

Warmed up this afternoon, so OC at Aldi and Martin's Supermarket in Elkhart. At Aldi's after I had left the store, and started putting groceries in my vehicle, the guy doing the same next to me said, " Nice choice of a carry piece, I guess that means you're not a freak'n liberal" Then he laughed and said he wished more people would carry. So definitely a positive experience.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to that new place off Southport... "Detour American Grille and Bar" where Damons used to be.

Some of the management or whatever stood by our table for a moment, obviously looking at it and talking... but they never approached or said anything.

Short review: Service was so-so, food wasn't bad (also wasn't completely accurate to our order), prices were a bit high.

Rgbyrunner21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    United States
    Also while im in this thread ill update where i OCed this weekend, was in Nashville and OCed about everywhere i legally could, all through broadway (none of the bars per their laws) walmart a couple times, holiday inn express, centennial park and the Parthenon. no one made a fuss and no one was really eye googling either.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Carried at Chase bank in Portage. Before going inside an elderly woman saw my gun and started asking about the laws since she just got back from Arizona and seen almost everybody carrying there. She thought our laws didn't allow it in Indiana. I told her about having a license to carry and that you can carry open or concealed. It feels good informing the uninformed.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Last night I went to Meijer with the girlfriend and while checking out I had an interesting conversation with a Meijer employee that went like this:
    Guy: that's a nice gun, what is that?
    Me: (Responds with brand/name/cal)...Are you a gun guy?
    Guy: nah, I'm more of a "gun nut."
    Me: ok, so do you have any guns?
    Guy: I did have one but I sold it.
    Me: what was it that you sold?
    Guy: I had a Desert Eagle and use to carry it but I sold it to a friend. (Guy walks away)
    Me: alright then, have a good thanksgiving.
    Guy: you too.

So, the conversation was interesting. Carrying a desert eagle seems different. Labeling yourself a "gun nut" is a new one too.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Went to Chik-Fil-A on Southport/Emerson with the girlfriend this morning. We had two coupons and put them to good use. After that, we went to Meijer across the street to pickup some stuff we forgot to get last night. No problems at either place.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Had a conversation with a Manager in training at the Emerson/ County Line Buffalo Wild Wings last night around midnight.

My girlfriend thought it'd be nice to take me out to eat since my neck has been acting up for the last week. It started to feel better yesterday so I said ok. We got there, found a booth in the corner, ordered our food and chowed down on the appetizer. A manager in training came over and introduce herself then asked how we were enjoying our food. That turned into a 10 minute conversation. After that ten minutes the actual manager of the restaurant came over and whispered something in her ear. Right after that she turned to me and asked to "see my permit for that" while pointing at my gun on my hip. I asked if something was wrong and she said "no, I would just feel better to know you have a permit." My response was that it is actually called a license and that for her sake yes, I'll show you. I pulled out my wallet, and showed behind my drivers license a pink piece of paper and then stuffed it back into my pocket before she had a chance to read anything. After that I said "just so you know, it is not a requirement to carry a LTCH on your person and that I had no legal obligation to show her in the first place." I asked what she would have done if I didn't have it and she replied with "I don't know."

This is the first time at this BW3's I've ever been approached by staff regarding my firearm. She said she'll be the new manager at the US31 BW3's. Over all, we had a nice conversation but, we had been talking for 10 minutes before she asked to see my "permit" and I found that rather odd. She seemed rather nervous after asking about it but given that she's "in training" I tried to educate her about what she might expect in the future as a manager.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Had a conversation with a Manager in training at the Emerson/ County Line Buffalo Wild Wings last night around midnight.

My girlfriend thought it'd be nice to take me out to eat since my neck has been acting up for the last week. It started to feel better yesterday so I said ok. We got there, found a booth in the corner, ordered our food and chowed down on the appetizer. A manager in training came over and introduce herself then asked how we were enjoying our food. That turned into a 10 minute conversation. After that ten minutes the actual manager of the restaurant came over and whispered something in her ear. Right after that she turned to me and asked to "see my permit for that" while pointing at my gun on my hip. I asked if something was wrong and he said "no, I would just feel better to know you have a permit." My response was that it is actually called a license and that for her sake yes, I'll show you. I pulled out my wallet, and showed behind my drivers license a pink piece of paper and then stuffed it back into my pocket before she had a chance to read anything. After that I said "just so you know, it is not a requirement to carry a LTCH on your person and that I had no legal obligation to show her in the first place." I asked what she would have done if I didn't have it and she replied with "I don't know."

This is the first time at this BW3's I've ever been approached by staff regarding my firearm. She said she'll be the new manager at the US31 BW3's. Over all, we had a nice conversation but, we had been talking for 10 minutes before she asked to see my "permit" and I found that rather odd. She seemed rather nervous after asking about it but given that she's "in training" I tried to educate her about what she might expect in the future as a manager.

What did the manager look like? The one I talked to was former-LEO, and very cool with my carrying.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

My girlfriend thought it'd be nice to take me out to eat since my neck has been acting up for the last week. It started to feel better yesterday so I said ok. We got there, found a booth in the corner, ordered our food and chowed down on the appetizer. A manager in training came over and introduce herself then asked how we were enjoying our food. That turned into a 10 minute conversation. After that ten minutes the actual manager of the restaurant came over and whispered something in her ear. Right after that she turned to me and asked to "see my permit for that" while pointing at my gun on my hip. I asked if something was wrong and he said "no, I would just feel better to know you have a permit." My response was that it is actually called a license and that for her sake yes, I'll show you. I pulled out my wallet, and showed behind my drivers license a pink piece of paper and then stuffed it back into my pocket before she had a chance to read anything. After that I said "just so you know, it is not a requirement to carry a LTCH on your person and that I had no legal obligation to show her in the first place." I asked what she would have done if I didn't have it and she replied with "I don't know."

I wouldn't mind managers asking to see it. That's better than just ignorantly asking you to leave or take it to your car. It's a fair compromise IMO. Props to you for helping her education along a bit.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    What did the manager look like? The one I talked to was former-LEO, and very cool with my carrying.
    White lady, 25-30 Y/O, black rimmed glasses, 5'8"-6' tall, 150-180lbs, short 2-3" dark brown hair.
    I wouldn't mind managers asking to see it. That's better than just ignorantly asking you to leave or take it to your car. It's a fair compromise IMO. Props to you for helping her education along a bit.
    That's how I felt about it, but she didn't stay on the subject of carrying as long as I would have liked. Any chance I get to educate I will take advantage of, especially since she'll be the new manager at another BW3's close by.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom