• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What is your definition of "a couple"? This has been my PO for 7 years and the signs have been posted since the beginning.

There are no signs on the door saying no firearms. There is one sign saying something about armed robbery, but nothing about carrying or the presence of firearms.

nineball481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Seen a fellow open carrier at McDonald's/BP on the corner of southport rd & Emerson. White guy with cropped hair and a green/black star tattoo (among others).

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Nothing ostentatious. Ruger LC9 in a Wally World Blackhawk hip holster at Spring Mill State Park. Beautiful day for a hike with the family, didn't feel like toting the Single Six, so no big plow handle saying, "here I am!"

LC9 black polymer grips sticking out of a black nylon holster blended right in with the black nylon iPhone case and black nylon binocular case. No one among the dozens of people we ran into noticed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wreck on 65N, took a detour over to 37, so I regretfully stopped at a Starbucks on 135.

While I was waiting for my drink, noticed three kids at the table by the door staring at me. I think I spooked them. They keep looking at me as I left, and again out the window as I drove away. Looked around high-school age.

Last night, went to Stacked Pickle on 135, sat at the bar with a friend. Bar manager came over and made some small talk a couple times, like she wanted to get an idea of who we were. Ah well.

Then to Home Depot to find some sheet metal or plexiglass. Dog keeps chewing through the carpet from her crate... needed to put something under it...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Camby walmart for a gallon of milk. Was standing there in the express line and as I handed the cashier my cash, a couple in their 50s approached the register from my strong side (1911 in a Blackhawk). I saw him approach pulling the cart. Just as he got to the end of the counter he suddenly did a 180 and walked back between the cart and the impulse aisle knocking off some chips as he motioned his visibly confused wife to the next register over while pointing to my side and quietly saying something. Not sure why the quiet... he already made a small scene with his freakout. :):

Not sure why the panic; she was handing me my change so I wasnt going to be there any more. :dunno:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    West Newton C-store for ice cream treats for the kiddos TWICE. Twice because I didnt realize the bulge in my back pocket was my phone and not my wallet until I went to pay. :ugh: Unlike the cashier turning ghost white last time, the lady behind the cash register didnt even bat an eye. MUCH better.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Arby's on Southport/Emerson this morning for an early afternoon snack right after a trip to Kroger on County Line/Emerson. No issues or crazies. Normal day of OC and that's how I like it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Couple Kroger workers just inside the entrance in Greenwood. Asked if I wanted to sign up for a drawing, said nah, walked by and one asked "That a Glock 22?"

I turned back, "23!"

He said something like "Good on ya"

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Gamestop on Emerson/Southport to pickup Battlefield 4. No issues. Got my preorder and went about my business. As a side note...Battlefield 4 single player mode is full of glitches.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The deterrent factor of OC was in full effect yesterday. Drive and Shine, CVS, Kabelin's Ace Hardware, Goodwill, Harbor Freight, Dunham's and Wal Mart were all safe from robberies, muggings, and crime in general.

One dude outside of HF was overheard saying "did you see the size of that thing?" I think he may have been talking about my gun...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Atterbury with the family over the weekend. Had the following assortment:

Ruger 10/22
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    S&W M&P15
    Bushmaster? C15
    Glock 23
    Ruger SR9
    Bersa 380
    S&W 40
    Taurus PT92

Good times were had. Had a few brand new shooters, so they got to experience it. Couple of the ladies were afraid to fire the ARs, but loved the 10/22s. Wife was a bit happier with her PT92 performance.

Afterward, went to dinner at Margeritas on 135, OC per the usual. Stopped at Kroger, Dunkin Donuts.

Top Bottom