• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chik-Fil-A and Khols on Southport. Steak and Shake up on Washington to meet our reverend for the wedding.

Then Sam's Club in Greenwood

Going to the Stacked Pickle this evening on 135, it just opened yesterday

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    First Open Carry - In New Albany & Clarksville, IN

Although I have carried concealed for many years, I did break down and open carry my S & W Sigma 40 cal. today in a Blackhawk Serpa retention holster at the 4:00 position. As long as I was going to try it, I thought I would jump in the deep end, so I rode my motorcycle to complete a series of errands (40 cal. visible while on the bike). I started out dropping by Selfridge Insurance on State St. in New Albany (this may not even count, since I'm not certain the receptionist even noticed my sidearm. My second stop was to make a deposit at the 5/3 Bank on Grant Line Rd. in New Albany. I was in the bank for probably 5 minutes, and although no one said anything to me about my Sigma, it would be difficult to believe no one noticed it. Third stop was at Wal-Mart in Clarksville to talk with the pharmacist, and buy misc. household items. After loading my purchases in my bike trunk (I have a touring bike), I then went in to Sam's Club in Clarksville. While in Sam's, I followed my normal type routine of walking the store to see if they had any good food samples (they did have a couple that I enjoyed), checked with the Pharmacy about getting arthritis medicine for my old dog, and then purchased a couple of items. I was very casual in all of my actions, and simply tried to act as I normally would. No one said anything to me at any of my stops. Although my situational awareness was high, no 5 yr. old girls ambushed me in an attempt to steal from my retention holster. I do believe that the Sam's employee that was checking member cards when customers entered the store did look down at my side after making eye contact with me, but nothing was said, and as I didn't want to look out of the ordinary, I didn't look back at her after entering the store, to see her expression.

Other than the fact that my wife sounded slightly disgusted when I told her over the phone of my adventures, this initial outing couldn't have been any more mundane.

As a 51 yr. old man, I did have a little bit of fun. :patriot:

Last edited:

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Although I have carried concealed for many years, I did break down and open carry my S & W Sigma 40 cal. today in a Blackhawk Serpa retention holster at the 4:00 position. As long as I was going to try it, I thought I would jump in the deep end, so I rode my motorcycle to complete a series of errands (40 cal. visible while on the bike). I started out dropping by Selfridge Insurance on State St. in New Albany (this may not even count, since I'm not certain the receptionist even noticed my sidearm. My second stop was to make a deposit at the 5/3 Bank on Grant Line Rd. in New Albany. I was in the bank for probably 5 minutes, and although no one said anything to me about my Sigma, it would be difficult to believe no one noticed it. Third stop was at Wal-Mart in Clarksville to talk with the pharmacist, and buy misc. household items. After loading my purchases in my bike trunk (I have a touring bike), I then went in to Sam's Club in Clarksville. While in Sam's, I followed my normal type routine of walking the store to see if they had any good food samples (they did have a couple that I enjoyed), checked with the Pharmacy about getting arthritis medicine for my old dog, and then purchased a couple of items. I was very casual in all of my actions, and simply tried to act as I normally would. No one said anything to me at any of my stops. Although my situational awareness was high, no 5 yr. old girls ambushed me in an attempt to steal from my retention holster. I do believe that the Sam's employee that was checking member cards when customers entered the store did look down at my side after making eye contact with me, but nothing was said, and as I didn't want to look out of the ordinary, I didn't look back at her after entering the store, to see her expression.

Other than the fact that my wife sounded slightly disgusted when I told her over the phone of my adventures, this initial outing couldn't have been any more mundane.

You won't have any problems oc'ing in Sam's. I oc in 'there at least once a week and sometime twice. Sam's is gtg.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I think you'll find most people don't notice. When they do notice, it'll almost take you by surprise because you've become used to it just being there.
    Be ready for someone asking a question, but don't really expect it to happen that much.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Like I said, I went to the "Stacked Pickle", a new sportsbar/pub on 135. They seated my friends and I right at the entrance for the most part, at a tall table in the bar area. The way I was seated gave maximum OC-noticability to the staff and customers.

No one said anything. I had a couple beers, a brand new waitress that messed up the beer order once or twice (heh). The food was pretty good! Give it a try, get the OC in nice and early so they know what to expect. I believe the owner approached me at one point to ask me how the meal was, and mentioned he was heading next door to buy more of the beer my friend was drinking because they were out.

Nice place.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dunkin Donuts on 31 and Smith Valley, then Mcdonalds on Main near Emerson. Three ISP State Troopers were inside having breakfast. They noticed my OC, but didn't say anything.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Well, at the eye doctor most of the other clients probably could not see well enough to make out your gun :)

Haha, actually no other clients just the two receptionists. Im sure one of them seen it since they looked directly at it when checking my glasses for fit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Holt Rd at Morris for Officer Bradway's funeral procession. I have an amazing wife who at the last minute drove out of her way to go pick up the kids from school across town (not far from my office) so that I could pay my respects on behalf of my family. (Kids are too young to sit around in the sun waiting for who knows when for it to come by without getting cranky.)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Haha, actually no other clients just the two receptionists. Im sure one of them seen it since they looked directly at it when checking my glasses for fit.

Wait. Looked RIGHT at it? what? are you taking the INGO suggestion of duct taping it to your forehead? :rofl::rofl:

Johncandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Seeing how I just got my pink slip today ... Walmart, gas station, menards, mcdonalds, another gas station, GFS in avon, and that's about it!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    In the Southport Rd area yesterday:

-Speedway gas station on Emerson/stop11 in the early morning to fill up on gas. The Cadillac next to me had Texas license plates and an older gentleman filling up on gas while OCing a small metal frame pistol in a leather IWB holster. It was nice to see that but I didn't say anything as he looked like he was in a hurry.

-Uno's at dinner time. My second time here and the pizza sucked (appetizers are half price if you sit in the bar so we did that.) I'm certain now that there is no other pizza like Giordano's.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    Carried into Great Clips. As soon as I sat down in the hair cutting chIair, the lady who is going to cut my hair said, "Dont shoot me if i mess up your hair." She seemed to be joking and then asked if I was a cop, I said no. Then asked if I was a security guard, I said, No. Im just a civilian with a license to carry. That was the end of that and we talked about sports.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hung out with the neighbor from across the street for an hour or so last night. We've chatted a few times before, but this is the longest at any one stretch. My wife and daughter cruised by on their evening walk a few times. Nice guy. Firearms never came up.

We've been getting to know another neighbor recently as well. They have a couple of kids about the age of our girl. We stop by each other's places and let the kids play. Once again, no mention of firearms. Lots of talk about Jeeps, though. They caught the bug!

We'll be heading to the movies this evening (date night). I don't expect any issues.

Top Bottom