• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NBLSVL.EDC.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Speedway Gas Station @ South and West Streets downtown. Colt Defender .45 on my hip.

Walked in, grabbed my Monster Mocha-Java-Caffeine-Bomb and walked to the register.

A few moments later I hear a, "Man..." behind me.

I ignored him as I didn't know if he was talking to me or not. He stepped to my left side and repeated himself, "Man, you really scared me when you walked in front of my car."

Acting coy, I asked him what he was talking about. He pointed to my gun and said, "With that."

I chuckled and said, "Eh, you don't really have to worry unless you see it in my hand."

About that time the clerk called me to the register and I walked away.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Speedway Gas Station @ South and West Streets downtown. Colt Defender .45 on my hip.

Walked in, grabbed my Monster Mocha-Java-Caffeine-Bomb and walked to the register.

A few moments later I hear a, "Man..." behind me.

I ignored him as I didn't know if he was talking to me or not. He stepped to my left side and repeated himself, "Man, you really scared me when you walked in front of my car."

Acting coy, I asked him what he was talking about. He pointed to my gun and said, "With that."

I chuckled and said, "Eh, you don't really have to worry unless you see it in my hand."

About that time the clerk called me to the register and I walked away.
    I will never understand people. The guy said you scared him as you walk by his car as you go into the store but he then gets out of his car to go in the store after you and then talks to you about it.:rolleyes:

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    At the Irish Fest inside Military Park. Oh, Wait, carrying is not allowed at the Fest. Some guy was wearing a Blackhawk Serpa, 3:00...But it was empty.

What's the point in wearing an empty holster? Is that to tell the bad guys, "Don't follow me back to my car, or you'll be sorry."?

Wait a minute, there were a lot of 5 yr old girls there yesterday...:dunno:

Edit: Oops. Meant to post this in the "where did you see..." thread.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    At the Irish Fest inside Military Park. Oh, Wait, carrying is not allowed at the Fest. Some guy was wearing a Blackhawk Serpa, 3:00...But it was empty.

What's the point in wearing an empty holster? Is that to tell the bad guys, "Don't follow me back to my car, or you'll be sorry."?

Wait a minute, there were a lot of 5 yr old girls there yesterday...:dunno:

Some people use that as a sign of protest.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On topic - Last Friday I wore an empty holster into the Franklin Courthouse to get my marriage license filled out. Officer at the door asked if I had a belt on, since the scanner kept going off. I took the belt and holster off and put them in the box. He fingered my holster a bit, maybe checking out the brand name... hehe... and I walked on through.

No issue there.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I could have OC'd around the Scottish Festival in Columbus today, but I was CCing and not caring if I showed. As we were leaving the heat was such that my sweat shirt was no longer required, so I removed it and OC'd to Menards and Applebee's for dinner.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I OC'd for the first time tonight. I'm not a fan of doing it, for myself, but I'm by no means against others doing it. To each their own.

Any way, after work tonight, my fiance told me her "check tire pressure" light came on while she was driving. So after dinner I checked the pressures, and sure enough, the rear drivers side was down to 20 psi. I just didn't feel like trying to conceal my full size 1911 in my work clothes, so I OC'd. Stopped at the speedway at 82nd and Allisonville around 10pm. I got gas first and as soon as I step out of the car, an IMPD officer pulled up to the pump in front of me. I'll admit, I got a tad nervous since it was my first time (that sounds weird), but I got nothing more than a quick glance from him.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I OC'd for the first time tonight. I'm not a fan of doing it, for myself, but I'm by no means against others doing it. To each their own.

Any way, after work tonight, my fiance told me her "check tire pressure" light came on while she was driving. So after dinner I checked the pressures, and sure enough, the rear drivers side was down to 20 psi. I just didn't feel like trying to conceal my full size 1911 in my work clothes, so I OC'd. Stopped at the speedway at 82nd and Allisonville around 10pm. I got gas first and as soon as I step out of the car, an IMPD officer pulled up to the pump in front of me. I'll admit, I got a tad nervous since it was my first time (that sounds weird), but I got nothing more than a quick glance from him.

That officer was obviously not Denny, Vupdblue, or Frank. They would have curb stomped you on sight. Like you I prefer CC but will OC when conditions permit.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    That officer was obviously not Denny, Vupdblue, or Frank. They would have curb stomped you on sight. Like you I prefer CC but will OC when conditions permit.

We just stood there like this for a few seconds...
    callofjuarez6_1433513c.jpg

Looks like I narrowly escaped that one!

Menards, Kroger, Penn Station, BP. My OC pattern is becoming too predictable.

Menards in Fishers? Stop by paint and say hey!

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Today I went to a friend's birthday cookout at Eagle Creek Park and OC'd my M&P9. There were 20+ people and we all had a great time. One benefit of OCing at get togethers is opening yourself up to discussion about the subject of carrying, the laws about it, and people asking if you can introduce them to firearms. I have met many people by OCing at these events and then later helped them find and purchase their first firearm. They felt more comfortable asking for advice from someone they already know. Most of them have turned into proactive pro-gunners.

My girlfriend and I ended up walking around the park and ended up at the ornithology center looking at the stuffed birds for a bit. There was a small boy in the observation room that saw I was OCing and said something to his other little buddy along the lines of "he has a gun! He must be a cop." I didn't feel the need to say anything. We looked around and then left and stopped at Starbucks.

Nobody called the park ranger. Nobody gave me crap for it. Good day :thumbsup:

Bacon salad:

Hot dogs boiling in bacon grease and Cajun Sausage from Claus' German Sausage & Meats.

I snapped a photo of my Starbucks Lime Refresher with my M&P9 in the background to post on Twitter and send to the #SkipStarbucks crowd. Gotta love them...not.

Last edited:

red46239

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    SE Indy
    I OC'd at Meijer on Southport road yesterday (as I always do). I was wearing an INGO shirt and was stopped by a fellow INGOer. I did not catch his name, but nice guy (if you are reading this, sorry I didn't introduce myself).

Later, as I was waiting in line to check out a woman a few aisles over notices my piece and says something to her husband. They obviously did not approve. She proceeded to glare at me for the next 5 minutes while we waited our turn to checkout... Probably making sure my 6-year old son didn't disarm me... :rolleyes:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I OC'd at Meijer on Southport road yesterday (as I always do). I was wearing an INGO shirt and was stopped by a fellow INGOer. I did not catch his name, but nice guy (if you are reading this, sorry I didn't introduce myself).

Later, as I was waiting in line to check out a woman a few aisles over notices my piece and says something to her husband. They obviously did not approve. She proceeded to glare at me for the next 5 minutes while we waited our turn to checkout... Probably making sure my 6-year old son didn't disarm me... :rolleyes:

Evil OCer!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I carried in Walmart in Brownsburg. I was carrying half concealed. My jacket was hanging over my holster. Anyway, I stopped to pick up some 5.56 and I think the clerk called me a terrorist. I might be mistaken, but I just happen to mention something about the shooting today at the naval base and I think he said something like this, "I think someone carrying up to a dealer is a terrorist." I could've sworn he said something like that, but I didn't respond to it. I'm getting older and maybe I misunderstood him. Either way, it wouldn't have been worth a response from me. I just smiled at him and thanked him for helping me and left the store. Other than that, he was real nice to me. It was kind of strange.

Top Bottom