• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Over labor day weekend and the following week I oc'd at Tippecanoe state park while camping with my wife. Met a self admitted Ingo member, didn't get his name. He was an excellent camp neighbor.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I OC'd at Meijer on Southport road yesterday (as I always do). I was wearing an INGO shirt and was stopped by a fellow INGOer. I did not catch his name, but nice guy (if you are reading this, sorry I didn't introduce myself).

Later, as I was waiting in line to check out a woman a few aisles over notices my piece and says something to her husband. They obviously did not approve. She proceeded to glare at me for the next 5 minutes while we waited our turn to checkout... Probably making sure my 6-year old son didn't disarm me... :rolleyes:

That was me. It was a pleasure chatting with you and thanks for the compliment! I OC'd my Sig SP2022 in there Friday evening and didn't get nary a nasty stare. I almost felt invisible. :)

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Beacon Credit Union in Peru, opening a new account.

Bank employee came up from behind, and placed her hand on the grip of gun. Luckily I recognized her as an employee before getting overly defensive. She said that the next time I come in there, to leave "this" outside. There were no signs posted, and I there is nothing in any of the new account paperwork about the policies. I'm going to be sending an email to their corporate in the next few days to inquire about their policy regarding firearms, and employees touching things they shouldn't.

What in the world possess a person to touch another persons gun?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Bank employee came up from behind, and placed her hand on the grip of gun. Luckily I recognized her as an employee before getting overly defensive. She said that the next time I come in there, to leave "this" outside. There were no signs posted, and I there is nothing in any of the new account paperwork about the policies. I'm going to be sending an email to their corporate in the next few days to inquire about their policy regarding firearms, and employees touching things they shouldn't.

Yeah, EPIC BAD move. Had you been an off duty cop, I bet somebody had a good chance of going for a ride downtown.

ESPECIALLY point out how dangerous it is to grab someone's gun while blindsiding them.

Personally, I'd ask for her head. You just don't do something like that... She's lucky you kept your cool and nobody got hurt. I'd also reconsider that account.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

WOW

She's lucky you didn't break her nose and brought her to the ground with an arm lock.
    That's probably what you would get if you tried to to that to a uniformed LEO.
    Some people are just stupid.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Honestly, I would have looked at whomever was helping me at the time, and told that individual I wouldn't be interested in opening a account there any more.

Oh, to make this legit, uhh, walmart, subway, and autozone.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    wasnt today but i havent had reliable internet where i was at. But i carried all around Milan and Sunman and then around the friendship flea market and muzzleloader shoot.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Menards and then Home Depot off of Southport Rd/I-65. Bought an upright freezer that's the size of a refrigerator and needed a refrigerator tray for it to sit in. Neither Menards or Home Depot had what we needed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped by this morning for a final "Goodbye Starbucks" visit. Needless to say, they gave me whatever I wanted free.

The partners said they read the rules, and the manager spoke to them about it. They kept saying "We aren't doing anything about it..." and whatnot, things I already knew. They told me that my gun and I are VERY welcome in their store, and they would never act on some ridiculous thing like what Howard said.

I expected as much. I know they would never kick me out or treat me differently... but, alas. I explained it isn't a store issue, it's a company issue as a whole. They badmouthed the small groups that protested this sort of thing recently, and even a couple of quips toward Uncle Howard.

Told 'em I may stop by and say Hi every now and then. I've known some of them going on 10 years, used to work with them.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron

Had a nice chat with a representative from Beacon Credit Union today. He said the bank does not and can not issue a policy regarding the possession of a firearm due to it being member owned. That much I already knew, and wasn't too awful concerned with. I'll defer to State Law in lieu of their policy and just conceal if I have to (which he did request, using the "common sense" phrase that we all know and love). I did educate him a little more on Indiana Carry Laws and he seemed to appreciate it.

He was just as concerned as I and many others were about the actions on the employee (high level employee, not giving names or titles here) and said that they will be updating their training concerning member/owners who are carrying. He said he had reviewed the footage and didn't seem pleased that she came up from behind unannounced. They'll now be instructed to call in to the police and have them verify if the member is licensed to carry a firearm. Now, if that means they are just calling in MWAG, or going full robbery protocol is yet to be determined, and I'd rather not find out.

If she had only approached me from the front, without grabbing at my gun, none of this would have happened. Like I said, I don't care about the bank or any other businesses specific policy regarding firearms. If they don't like them, then they either don't get my money or I conceal. I have no problems either way. Its just the fact that she did not think her actions through before acting. They could have gone into robbery protocol for all I care, just DON'T TOUCH MY GUN!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If they are that concerned, they don't need to call to verify your Larry. Show it to them so they can note it in your account details that you are a confirmed legal carrier. That way a teller can get nervous when you walk in the door, but as soon as they pull up your account it can be seen that you are cool. (And nothing is wrong as long as it stays in the holster)

She still should see major consequences. She's lucky. You could have easily gone into a hostile threat/retention mode if she was perceived as a threat incorrectly for her reckless action. Losing her job would not be too harsh. She's lucky to not have a broken arm, nose, etc. due to a tactical reflex. How did she know she wouldnt be mistaken for a 5yo? :laugh:

Edit: text above heavily edited. I think half the people here dont have a problem with being understood, they are using an ipad with autocorrect. Sheesh. I read it after I posted and even *I* couldnt understand what I meant.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    If they are that concerned, they don't need to call to verify your Larry. Show it to them so they can note it in your account details that you are a confirmed legal carrier. That way a teller can get nervous when you walk in the door, but as soon as they pull up your account it can be seen that you are cool. (And nothing is wrong as long as it stays in the holster)

She still should see major consequences. She's lucky. You could have easily gone into a hostile threat/retention mode if she was perceived as a threat incorrectly for her reckless action. Losing her job would not be too harsh. She's lucky to not have a broken arm, nose, etc. due to a tactical reflex. How did she know she wouldnt be mistaken for a 5yo? :laugh:

Edit: text above heavily edited. I think half the people here dont have a problem with being understood, they are using an ipad with autocorrect. Sheesh. I read it after I posted and even *I* couldnt understand what I meant.

I'm sure my account is already flagged for a notice. I'm glad that I saw her a few seconds earlier behind the counter, otherwise it may have ended differently. How the hell do you move on with the situation after securing your weapon from the threat that turns out to just be a sticky fingered employee who didn't know better? "Sorry for breaking your wrist.. oh, your calling the cops on me for assault?"

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sure my account is already flagged for a notice. I'm glad that I saw her a few seconds earlier behind the counter, otherwise it may have ended differently. How the hell do you move on with the situation after securing your weapon from the threat that turns out to just be a sticky fingered employee who didn't know better? "Sorry for breaking your wrist.. oh, your calling the cops on me for assault?"

I think police understand weapon retention.
    If she walked up to a police behind him, and grabbed his weapon, what would happen?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First visit to a Dunkin Donuts this morning, Smith Valley and 31.

Was pretty empty. Cashier seemed to be high off his arse. I asked him why the hot latte was cheaper than the iced. He looked at the menu, looked at his computer, said .. "Uh, you're right. I don't know man.... I have no idea."

Two drink screw-ups later, I got my only slightly screwed up basic iced-coffee. I'm a simple person.

I'll give them a couple more tries. Seems much more commercial than Starbucks, much less personal.

Top Bottom