• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    At the patriots Grill having a birthday lunch with the family. Happy birthday to me and a grilled cheese bacon burger for my belly.

773F5372-2ADE-4003-870D-DD35A505A3A2-10370-00000BA16B876DD6_zpse59926ea.jpg

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    This is a preemptive post. I will be camping for the next 3 days and therefore will not be on here much. I will be OCing in Clifty Falls State Park and all throughout downtown Madison, IN.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    This thread is boring.
    I come here to hear about kids crying because they saw your gun and police officers asking you why you feel you need to carry a gun etc ...
    At least call the police before you go out in the morning OCers, so we can get a bit of drama in here.:dunno:

Thank you! :ingo:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    This thread is boring.
    I come here to hear about kids crying because they saw your gun and police officers asking you why you feel you need to carry a gun etc ...
    At least call the police before you go out in the morning OCers, so we can get a bit of drama in here.:dunno:

Thank you! :ingo:
    You could always call the cops on us. Although that phone bill might be a tad expensive.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Dentist appt this morning, covered up, but shirt rode up in the dentist chair. Ah well.
    Turns out I'm uninsured, WOO.

Then to Shell station and Subway on the way to work. Later on, I'll swing by a random liquor store to restock, and maybe go to dinner somewhere on the south side. Undecided on where...

I did see a new place was opening on 135, in that area off of main street near Church Brothers. It's called the "Stacked Pickle", looks like it'll be a pub/sports bar sort of place. It's being built, but it'll be open on the 20th.

I'll be checking it out shortly after it opens, and I'll report back on if they are OC-friendly :)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Just came back from Meijer (had to ship a return to Midway USA) and Starbucks on Southport Rd. I'm addicted to Starbucks' Lime Refreshers and had to buy one of their Via packs.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was OC'ing at Starbucks on 135 south of County Line in Greenwood today. Being 9/11, it was my full size Sig Scorpion. Three loud women at the table next to us were chatting away for about 10 minutes after we sat down. Then it got real quiet and one of them said 'Oh-My-God!'. After that, it was all whispers from that table.

I think I scared an anti-gunner today :rockwoot:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I was OC'ing at Starbucks on 135 south of County Line in Greenwood today. Being 9/11, it was my full size Sig Scorpion. Three loud women at the table next to us were chatting away for about 10 minutes after we sat down. Then it got real quiet and one of them said 'Oh-My-God!'. After that, it was all whispers from that table.

I think I scared an anti-gunner today :rockwoot:

Haha, I actually stopped in there with my girlfriend and her parents for a coffee break after looking at houses to buy this afternoon. I was OCing a M&P9 and a gentleman next to me asked if it was a Glock. I said "no it's a smith and wesson M&P9" then I asked if he carries firearms. He responded with "no, I like guns but not like you do"...whatever that means.

We looked at a house on Main St. in Greenwood. Old house (built in 1800) right off of main st past Madison. It wasn't what we were looking for but it was nice to meet the realtor whom I hadn't met yet. She noticed I was carrying and mentioned that her husband just opened a gun shop down by County Line Rd and US37 called US Defense Solutions. That was neat :)

After all that we all went to eat at Chik-Fil-A on Southport/Emerson.

/day

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haha, I actually stopped in there with my girlfriend and her parents for a coffee break after looking at houses to buy this afternoon. I was OCing a M&P9 and a gentleman next to me asked if it was a Glock. I said "no it's a smith and wesson M&P9" then I asked if he carries firearms. He responded with "no, I like guns but not like you do"...whatever that means.

We looked at a house on Main St. in Greenwood. Old house (built in 1800) right off of main st past Madison. It wasn't what we were looking for but it was nice to meet the realtor whom I hadn't met yet. She noticed I was carrying and mentioned that her husband just opened a gun shop down by County Line Rd and US37 called US Defense Solutions. That was neat :)

After all that we all went to eat at Chik-Fil-A on Southport/Emerson.

/day

I see that gun shop when I drive home from work. Been considering stopping in there.

I, too, stopped at that chik-fil-a yesterday. SIGH.

buckhunter21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Southeast Indiana
    I stopped by the local gas station to fill up. As I walked inside there was a couple sitting on the bench outside, near the entrance. As I walked towards them, the female saw my G19 on my hip and her eyes got as big as silver dollars. Paid for my things and left without being curb stomped or having the police called. The couple outside quickly left once I entered the gas station, however.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had to run through downtown yesterday, and being that it was 9/11 and I had never been, I stopped at the 9/11 memorial. Cool little place. I had my G23 in my Serpa on my hip as I passed a state trooper on the sidewalk. I'm absolutely POSITIVE if he didnt have his arms full of books and paperwork he would have curb stomped me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IMPD officer just stopped me inside chikfila on 86th in front of everyone.

"You've got to conceal weapon."
    I said pardon?
    He repeated, asked if I had a badge, said my gun is showing and people will ask if I'm an officer.

I told him that's fine, and I have a license to carry, and explained IN allows OC. He repeated, said he sees my gun, and the law is to conceal

I said again, I have a license to carry and I can OC in IN. He gave up, and waved me forward to order my food

A bit shaky afterward, but I won that convo. Maybe the new thing about IMPD not being able to approach OCers got into his mind.

Said things like "you can't show it open like that around all these people."

--

Now that I'm back in the office on a computer, and calmer...

The encounter was quite argumentative. He was very dickish, and REALLY wanted to intimidate me into CC, because apparently that's what he preferred. Once I started citing the laws, he backed off and rolled his eyes before "waving" me ahead to order.

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I said pardon?
    He repeated, asked if I had a badge, said my gun is showing and people will ask if I'm an officer.

I told him that's fine, and I have a license to carry, and explained IN allows OC. He repeated, said he sees my gun, and the law is to conceal

I said again, I have a license to carry and I can OC in IN. He gave up, and waved me forward to order my food

A bit shaky afterward, but I won that convo. Maybe the new thing about IMPD not being able to approach OCers got into his mind.

--

The encounter was quite argumentative. He was very dickish, and REALLY wanted to intimidate me into CC, because apparently that's what he preferred. Once I started citing the laws, he backed off and rolled his eyes before "waving" me ahead to order.

Kirk to show up and say "Heckler's Veto" in 3...2...1...

Good job GPIA7R.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I said pardon?

--

Classic.
    They tell you it's illegal if they dont like it. :rolleyes:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lookit me, two police encounters in one day... this one was minor though.

Just left Kroger at Co Line and Emerson. Dark blue/gray police car was parked out front, I can't remember if that's GPD, ISP, or IMPD....

Man inside at the exit/entrance door with a black "Police" shirt on and khaki pants. I nodded on the way in.

On the way out, I nodded again, he said something like "Hi" or "Hey", I responded similarly.

Got to the car, pulled out of space, and he was outside watching. Damn, almost a perfect encounter... he had to follow me and watch me leave.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Lookit me, two police encounters in one day... this one was minor though.

Just left Kroger at Co Line and Emerson. Dark blue/gray police car was parked out front, I can't remember if that's GPD, ISP, or IMPD....

Man inside at the exit/entrance door with a black "Police" shirt on and khaki pants. I nodded on the way in.

On the way out, I nodded again, he said something like "Hi" or "Hey", I responded similarly.

Got to the car, pulled out of space, and he was outside watching. Damn, almost a perfect encounter... he had to follow me and watch me leave.

Maybe he just liked your butt.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    This is a preemptive post. I will be camping for the next 3 days and therefore will not be on here much. I will be OCing in Clifty Falls State Park and all throughout downtown Madison, IN.

I didn't see you out and about, but then again my sleep/wake schedule is weird. I sleep during the heat of the day and work at night (from home). I'm usually out walking around downtown in the morning, a little before sunrise until 10-11AM or so.

How was your time in Madison? Get some Hinkles?

2jEif52.jpg

I snapped this photo on my early morning stroll yesterday. She'll be here a few days :)

Top Bottom