• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    OC'd for the first time yesterday, at Lee's chicken, then Walmart, then Kroger, and finally at a Stacks pancake house.
    I must admit though, the first time I walked into a public place with my 1911 hanging on my side, I was probably more nervous than the lady behind the counter.
    The experience was a little overwhelming at first, but once I realized nobody seemed to care, the jitters went away, and I almost forgot it was there the rest of the day.
    It's a hell of a lot more comfortable in this weather than having my iwb on and sweating all over it!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OC'd for the first time yesterday, at Lee's chicken, then Walmart, then Kroger, and finally at a Stacks pancake house.
    I must admit though, the first time I walked into a public place with my 1911 hanging on my side, I was probably more nervous than the lady behind the counter.
    The experience was a little overwhelming at first, but once I realized nobody seemed to care, the jitters went away, and I almost forgot it was there the rest of the day.
    It's a hell of a lot more comfortable in this weather than having my iwb on and sweating all over it!

That could constitute RS.

Good for you. Question? Hanging? What is your OWB holster?

Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    That could constitute RS.

Good for you. Question? Hanging? What is your OWB holster?

Hate to be that guy, but what is RS?

My owb holster for now is a Safariland 5198. I removed the paddle attachment and used the belt loop piece instead. I say "hanging" because it kind of feels that way as opposed to the nice tucked away feel of my iwb, but it does feel secure.

DrlAdBr
    20160701_211344-1-1.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reasonable Suspicion. Guy with a gun enters convienence store is sweaty nervous and jittery.

Meth head?

Good holster.

Raistlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    New Castle
    Ah, got it. I hope I wasn't telegraphing it that bad. I was dressed as you see in the pic I added, and very polite, so hopefully they didn't realize how I was feeling. It passed quickly, but it was a hell of a thing at first. lol

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ah, got it. I hope I wasn't telegraphing it that bad. I was dressed as you see in the pic I added, and very polite, so hopefully they didn't realize how I was feeling. It passed quickly, but it was a hell of a thing at first. lol

No biggie. It's like the first time you CC and you're nervous.

I am sure I was nervous the first time I OC'd but I can't remember.

You can't remember yesterday. Old age is a _____
    :)

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    My church in Spencer to drop my wife and minion off to go to camp, then Lowes, and lunch at Bucceto's in Bloomington followed by CVS, the library, and the IGA grocery in Ellettsville.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Walmart and Kroger in Crawfordsville. I was stopped by a middle aged gentleman in Walmart who asked me if I OC often and if I get a lot of people staring at me for it. I said I do OC often and don't get a lot of stares, most people don't notice or don't care. He lifted his shirt revealing that he CC's and said he has considered OCing with the way the world is now but wasn't sure about it yet. He and his wife said to keep it up.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Walmart and Kroger in Crawfordsville. I was stopped by a middle aged gentleman in Walmart who asked me if I OC often and if I get a lot of people staring at me for it. I said I do OC often and don't get a lot of stares, most people don't notice or don't care. He lifted his shirt revealing that he CC's and said he has considered OCing with the way the world is now but wasn't sure about it yet. He and his wife said to keep it up.
    Too funny. I was stopped at Walmart in Valpo today by a guy that noticed me OCing. He started the conversation with "You're braver than I am" then pointed to my gun. We went on to have a nice conversation about OCing and many of the usual anti-OC talking points. Especially the "You'll be the first one shot" line.

It was a good conversation and hopefully at some point he will take the plunge and try it.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    ive been shot 4 times

But at least you weren't the first one shot!:):

Friday at CVS on Ireland Road. The checkout dude asked if I was a cop or part of a security force. He explained how he was once a blue helmet for the UN from his home country (not sure where) and we had a nice conversation. I've been seeing that guy at the cash register maybe a dozen times and this was the first time he asked about it.

A customer beside me in line thanked me for exercising my 2A and then lifted his shirt to show me his sidearm.

All was AOK as it should be.

Cool.

Since I OC almost everywhere, I've decided to only post interactions of some kind.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Went to Graybar in Hammond today. As I was about to walk in I noticed a sign to my right and stopped to read it "for the safety of our customers and employees no weapons allowed, gun and knife in a red slash circle"

I turned on mu heel, got in my truck and left.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went to Graybar in Hammond today. As I was about to walk in I noticed a sign to my right and stopped to read it "for the safety of our customers and employees no weapons allowed, gun and knife in a red slash circle"

I turned on mu heel, got in my truck and left.

What's Graybar?

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Went to the Speedway station in Nashville, IN OC'ing. Lady behind me said "excuser me sir, are you a police officer? I ask because I see you have it out in the open" What I wanted to say and really did say were two different things. I smiling said "no mam I'm not, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" She and the guy behind her both laughed. She explained that her son was a policeman and he carried his gun the same as me. She then thanked me for doing so.

Top Bottom