• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My guns remain in the house. I take them to the range but other than that they are now mainly used for home security only. So odds are I'm unarmed just about every time I leave the house.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Those of you who replied with things like "School" and "Illinois", etc., I would ask... Did you choose to go to those places without a firearm or did you do so because the law requires it? If the latter, those replies would not fit the original question of the thread.

Blessings,
    Bill

I choose not to carry to school because when we are working with medical dummies its nice to be dressed comfortable. Bill I believe someone mentioned to me that you were a medic so you know what that's like.

I also choose not to carry it in my backpack because I often have to leave it unattended.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I choose not to carry to school because when we are working with medical dummies its nice to be dressed comfortable. Bill I believe someone mentioned to me that you were a medic so you know what that's like.

I also choose not to carry it in my backpack because I often have to leave it unattended.

Well... where I work there are not as many dummies as where I used to be.. Those rural folks are pretty on the ball. ;) Seriously, though, yes, I do know. I suppose it could be said that I "choose" to be unarmed at work because no one is forcing me to work there, however I would much prefer the circumstance of being able to be armed wherever I went. Too, sometimes we transport into IL, and that would be..... problematic.

Blessings,
    Bill

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Those of you who replied with things like "School" and "Illinois", etc., I would ask... Did you choose to go to those places without a firearm or did you do so because the law requires it? If the latter, those replies would not fit the original question of the thread.

Blessings,
    Bill

I disarmed just because I know how little kids like to touch and grab things. Boys was this ever true the first few days I picked up my son. I keeled down to hug my son and I was surrounded by kids grabbing my for cuffs, ASP, flashlight, OC spray, spare mags, radio and what ever else was on my belt asking "What's this, whats this do?"

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I disarmed just because I know how little kids like to touch and grab things. Boys was this ever true the first few days I picked up my son. I keeled down to hug my son and I was surrounded by kids grabbing my for cuffs, ASP, flashlight, OC spray, spare mags, radio and what ever else was on my belt asking "What's this, whats this do?"

So.... let them find out what that does... They will learn quickly to ask with their mouths, not their hands.

Either that or just daisy-chain 'em and give 'em a drive stun. I hear you cops live for that. :):

(For those who may not understand, the above is meant as humorous sarcasm.)

Seriously, though, LawDog, yeah, that would be a choice, not a requirement. Good answer and good reasoning. Thank you!

Blessings,
    Bill

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I went to Chicago Heights, IL and sat in a parking lot, unarmed.

Well the gun was unloaded, locked in a box, locked in the trunk, in accord with federal and state transport laws.

There was a court case in Illinois that permits "container carry" in the state which requires the carrier have the gun unloaded, sealed in a container, ammo also sealed in the container, and the carrier in possession of his FOID card. Containers can include a fanny pack or even a glove box in a car. But as the court case involved an Illinois resident it also stipulated that a FOID card be in the gun owners possession. I do not want to test the Illinois court system.

The NRA Illinois state lobbyist says that "container transport" is legal for a non-resident without a FOID card, since Illinois will not issue to non-residents. There is an exemption in the law for non-residents while hunting or target shooting, or if they have a license from their state to posess firearms. But the lobbyist is not a judge and his legal opinion has not been tested in the court of law.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Personally, I'd like to see INGO have a thread of "Where did you choose to go unarmed today?"

Not choosing to go unarmed ..but Ive been working in WI since the begining of july, so the only time Im armed anymore is on the weekends when I come home

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Everywhere, unless you count my SOG Twitch II knife. Had my 3 year old with me all day, and he still can't seem to keep his hands to himself, and don't have a decent holster for my pistol yet, but ordered a BladeTech today from Unholstered. (they DO make one that fits! Just not listed!)

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    It wasn't voluntary, but I had to disarm before going into the courthouse. Here are some of my goodies laid out in the trunk before going into the car vault:

15d2a10.jpg

Damn you have a car vault big enough for that shotty, pistol, knife and gymbag?

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I work as a driver and go many places during the day unarmed. When I'm not at work I carry 100% of the time, or at least have a gun within a few feet of where I am.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Damn you have a car vault big enough for that shotty, pistol, knife and gymbag?

The shotty is not for everyday carry. I had a really weird guy on the other side in a case and I put the shotty in the trunk in case I needed something faster than I could open a gun vault. I actually snapped the picture for a write up of the events and some of the precautions I took but I haven't had time to do it justice so far. The "gym bag" is just an insulated bag I keep in the trunk in case I buy something that needs to be kept warm or cold until I can get it home. :)

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Dr's office for a followup. When I got hurt last week I ended up stripped down. The Dr couldn't resist seeing me in my awesome nekkidness while striking a manly pose. Double fisted. :D

That doesn't sound like anything to smile about. :D

I in no way added anything to Joe's quote.

Ok I may have removed a couple of useless words.:laugh:

As far as the op, I went unarmed at work.
    icon9.gif

Top Bottom