• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I made it all the way to the kitchen this morning for breakfast and all the way back to the bedroom without my personal carry. There is a Mossberg 500 in my kitchen though. I never even touched it. I was unarmed for all of.... 25 minutes? I was pretty proud of myself.:rockwoot:

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I havnt even got my pistol out of the safe in a few days. Its weird I usually always have it on me or near me. But its to big to conceal and carry all day so I have a tactical folder on me. And I have decent hand to hand combat skills.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I went everywhere unarmed. Matter of fact, I cannot remember the last time I carried on my person.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Post office, I almost OCed inside

See, and you say this like it is unlawful to carry inside a Post Office, or any other federal facility to speak of.

If we look at
    18 U.S.C. § 930

[FONT=&quot]§ 930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](b) Whoever, with intent that a firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, knowingly possesses or causes to be present such firearm or dangerous weapon in a Federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](c) A person who kills any person in the course of a violation of subsection (a) or (b), or in the course of an attack on a Federal facility involving the use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be punished as provided in sections 1111, 1112, 1113, and 1117. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to— [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](1) the lawful performance of official duties by an officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law; [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](2) the possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon by a Federal official or a member of the Armed Forces if such possession is authorized by law; or [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](e) [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal court facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to conduct which is described in paragraph (1) or (2) of subsection (d). [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](f) Nothing in this section limits the power of a court of the United States to punish for contempt or to promulgate rules or orders regulating, restricting, or prohibiting the possession of weapons within any building housing such court or any of its proceedings, or upon any grounds appurtenant to such building. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](g) As used in this section: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](2) The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 21/2 inches in length. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](3) The term “Federal court facility” means the courtroom, judges’ chambers, witness rooms, jury deliberation rooms, attorney conference rooms, prisoner holding cells, offices of the court clerks, the United States attorney, and the United States marshal, probation and parole offices, and adjoining corridors of any court of the United States. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be. [/FONT]

Looking at Section 3, the carrying of a firearm incident to hunting or other lawful purpose, looks to me like just being a gun owner, allowed to carry, not a felon, not a violent offender, etc, then you are lawfully carrying a firearm. You are not attempting to use that gun in the commission of a crime so you are still lawfully carrying. The only place that I can see where it is unlawful to carry would be into a federal court facility. If there is a lawyer out there that can show me where and how I am incorrect in the understanding of these federal statutes, please do so, as I cant see where it is unlawful.

INGunGuy

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    INGunGuy, you make be correct but I'm not willing to find out if I would win a lawsuit, easier to park next door, disarm and do my business.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Dr's office for a followup. When I got hurt last week I ended up stripped down. Since Cathy was in the truck with my new pup, I left the gun with her in case the Dr couldn't resist seeing me in my awesome nekkidness. Less trouble than trying to keep track of the gun while striking a manly pose. I figured if there was trouble, she could come in with hers in one hand, mine in the other. Double fisted, like Lara Croft :D

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Went to the Amish store this AM. Since (some) of them don't like guns, and we go in their home, I chose not to carry.

I *did* carry to the hardware store and the bank after that though.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Went to the Amish store this AM. Since (some) of them don't like guns, and we go in their home, I chose not to carry.

I *did* carry to the hardware store and the bank after that though.

OK, yes, I said what I was quoted as saying above, however, I also said I didn't want it because of where I figured it would go. I also was referring to a time when OC was more normalized.

With that said, POC, you got the intention of what I was referring to. Those of you who replied with things like "School" and "Illinois", etc., I would ask... Did you choose to go to those places without a firearm or did you do so because the law requires it? If the latter, those replies would not fit the original question of the thread.

Dr's office for a followup. When I got hurt last week I ended up stripped down. Since Cathy was in the truck with my new pup, I left the gun with her in case the Dr couldn't resist seeing me in my awesome nekkidness. Less trouble than trying to keep track of the gun while striking a manly pose. I figured if there was trouble, she could come in with hers in one hand, mine in the other. Double fisted, like Lara Croft :D

:facepalm: Joe, Joe, Joe... Please, man, for God's sake, do not give us these mental pictures... I'm almost out of eyebleach!

<shudder>

Blessings,
    Bill

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I work at a hospital and a college...both of whom have policies against weapons in the building and on property. But thanks to the Indiana Law Makers and Mitch, I can now legally transport my weapon to and from my home inside of my car. Whew!

It, of course, being my avatar!

Oh, and my bedside gun is a Glock 32...along with my wife's Remington 870 Tactical!

Thanks Indiana Law Makers and Mitch!

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I chose not to carry while walking across the street to Walgreens for some needed meds.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I did not carry today:

- to IPFW to take/pick-up my wife from her teaching position
    - to Panera in FW
    - to Work
    - to the HS CC meet in Syracuse.

:)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I wore a pair of shorts to work today that conceal my gun very well, therefore, I have not yet been unarmed today since getting out of bed this morning, and grabbing the gun from the nightstand.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I went to the local IGA today, unarmed. And I went home from work this afternoon, unarmed.

I actually go to lots of places unarmed, and these are places where it's legal to carry at.

Top Bottom