When Will INGO Members Stops Trying To Screw Each Other Over???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I am loving this thread!!! It makes you laugh and cry. It is amusing to see the high asking prices in the classifieds but at the same time there is something amusing about selling a few extra P-Mags and totally offsetting your holiday spending. I see both sides. I have sold a stripped lower for $300 and I also sold 3 P-Mags to a friend of mine for $15 each. So am I an ***HOLE or a good guy? The way I look at it is I didn't need the extra receiver that I had and someone wanted it a lot more than I wanted to keep it. I really didn't want to sell it but $300 was worth not having that warm fuzzy feeling of having a spare receiver in the safe. I didn't know the guy either we just both happened to be at the gun store. I had ordered it a few weeks ago and went in to pick it up and the vulchers came out as soon as it came out in the light. I would have been a fool not to. The PMags were different. I know my buddy wasn't selling them and I have a ton of them. I will deffinately not be selling any at that price to anyone I don't know. The guys on this site that are actually paying big money for anything at this moment are in my opinion scared procrastinators or are of the newb variety that are not the true Kool-Aid drinkers of our local gun community. I think that a majority of these panic buyers will put this stuff aside a month down the road and forget about it or sell it off. And the local community will be right there again to take advantage of a good deal. My hat is off to anyone who has made there life a little better due to this panic buy and at the same time to those of you who are buying product at uber inflated prices you are being foolish and not spending your money wisely. Wait a while....then buy.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    It reminds of the craziness for Halo toys when Halo 2 came out. For some reason most stores were sold out and Ebay was the only place that had them. They were asking crazy prices for them. I bought a box of something for $50 because it was Christmas time and my little boy was into Halo. I also paid some crazy amount for a Warthog jeep. Of course like a lot of parents, I will pay more for stuff for my kids than I will for stuff for me.

Now Halo is no big deal and even Goodwill has brand new Halo toys.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The good part is you will NEVER hear what special individuals really payed for their lowers or mags right now if this thing deflates in a couple weeks. One person I know payed through the nose last election cycle tried to tell me "I wasn't an idiot like those other people.":): Unfortunately, I know where he got it at and the exact price he payed. People will be people so why not let them act foolish if they aren't willing to show common sense? It would be different if it were food or something actually NEEDED and not WANTED like gun parts.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    So, I am thinking about selling my AR. I will list it elsewhere first so I don't get flamed for "screwing a fellow Ingoer over". I am going to take advantage of the current market conditions so I can have some cash to start reloading.

savage308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    I am just gowing to sit around and wait a few weeks. Local gun store supposedly has more 15's and 10's coming in second week of Jan. We shall see if they actually get them, but they will not be jacking the prices up on them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am just gowing to sit around and wait a few weeks. Local gun store supposedly has more 15's and 10's coming in second week of Jan. We shall see if they actually get them, but they will not be jacking the prices up on them.

I emailed a small LGS that I've dealt with in the past. He told me his distributor(s) have jacked their prices 75% since his last order. Imagine paying $1800 for a run of the mill Bushmaster or Windhem.

It may be quite awhile, if ever, for prices to recede if this is typical and people keep buying at these inflated prices.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I emailed a small LGS that I've dealt with in the past. He told me his distributor(s) have jacked their prices 75% since his last order. Imagine paying $1800 for a run of the mill Bushmaster or Windhem.

It may be quite awhile, if ever, for prices to recede if this is typical and people keep buying at these inflated prices.

Assuming the new ban fails (and given that Feinstein is calling for all grandfathered "assault weapons" would have to be registered under the NFA, I'm pretty sure it will), the market will soon stabilize. It will take a while as the panic subsides and the supply starts exceeding the demand again. Once that happens, prices will fall.

But this isn't going to end in a few weeks unfortunately. I imagine we'll be looking at this nonsense for a few months, unless the bill is brought up almost immediately in January and is utterly destroyed in a bi-partisan "No way in hell" vote.

Sadly, I have a feeling it will pass the Senate and fail in the House by a small margin, meaning they will keep trying to ram it through.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Assuming the new ban fails (and given that Feinstein is calling for all grandfathered "assault weapons" would have to be registered under the NFA, I'm pretty sure it will), the market will soon stabilize. It will take a while as the panic subsides and the supply starts exceeding the demand again. Once that happens, prices will fall.

But this isn't going to end in a few weeks unfortunately. I imagine we'll be looking at this nonsense for a few months, unless the bill is brought up almost immediately in January and is utterly destroyed in a bi-partisan "No way in hell" vote.

Sadly, I have a feeling it will pass the Senate and fail in the House by a small margin, meaning they will keep trying to ram it through.

I bet the Feinstein bill doesn't even get to the floor of the Senate as is. I think it goes further then even some Democrats, particularly the southern variety, will be comfortable with.

Top Bottom