When Will INGO Members Stops Trying To Screw Each Other Over???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The free market can certainly be inconvenient during times of scarcity. I know, let's get rid of it and invoke some sort of mandated pricing levels.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It's the buyer that decides if the price is right.

Agree....no one is ripping anyone off....don't see at all. So I should sell my AR that I have 1000.00 in for 1000.00....or minus 200.00 for wear and tear....don't want to rip anyone off. So you buy it from me for 800.00......and then turn around and sell it for 1800.00. Who knows....maybe the guys getting ripped off will be able to sell those AR's for double the money in 5 yrs. when they are banned...?

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    You are only gouged or screwed on prices if you allow your self to be taken advantage of. Step away from the panic line and take a deep breath. It's a free market so I have no problem with people trying to make a buck. It just isn't going to be mine. Se your mind and close the wallet. There are more important things in life.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    After reading these threads, it's apparent why its so difficult to distinguish between the two major political parties.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After reading these threads, it's apparent why its so difficult to distinguish between the two major political parties.

Yup.

My issues with all of this is not market values/going rate. It is a false bubble generated by media hype and profiteers buying up everything in sight to re-sell at inflated mark ups. Once this starts everyone wants to make a buck. I really have no problem with folks who pull their guns from the safe to sell. My problem is with the carpetbaggers among us. Non-shooters that cause a lot of this inflation.
    That said, if someone is silly enough to pay the going rate ($2800 for a mil-spec DPMS or a used up Bushmaster) so be it. Fool and "His" money.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    just don't leave a :poop: on any over inflated pmag classifieds today because the mods will slap your hands:dunno:

i understand its there jobs but after you warned me there's 10 more posts that don't fall under the rules.

:lmfao:

I saw this before the mods got to it. I thought it was quite funny and well deserved. There's a few others that deserve the same treatment. Higher prices are one thing, but serving me ground beef and charging me for a strip steak is something else.

EDIT:
    It's the buyer that decides if the price is right.
    Sure, but when you are asking 3x the price of retail, it's insulting. When the asking price comes down from $900 to $700 and you still can't sell, then your opening offer is insulting.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yup.

My issues with all of this is not market values/going rate. It is a false bubble generated by media hype and profiteers buying up everything in sight to re-sell at inflated mark ups. Once this starts everyone wants to make a buck. I really have no problem with folks who pull their guns from the safe to sell. My problem is with the carpetbaggers among us. Non-shooters that cause a lot of this inflation.
    That said, if someone is silly enough to pay the going rate ($2800 for a mil-spec DPMS or a used up Bushmaster) so be it. Fool and "His" money.

Whether its a "community" on a grand scale or an INGO, scale, what's the difference? There exists those on both places that see an apparent need, puff their chests out about the greedy while doing nothing more than offering lip service.

Boycott those asking exorbitant prices? More power to you. I've done the same. Are those who are here complaining about the gouging opening up their stores at prices they feel everyone else should charging? I'm certainly not seeing it. How's that any different than the liberal who sees a hungry person and demands others do something while they won't feed them themselves?

I'm not selling anything but I'm not *****ing a out the gougers. At least the gougers are giving the needy an opportunity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whether its a "community" on a grand scale or an INGO, scale, what's the difference? There exists those on both places that see an apparent need, puff their chests out about the greedy while doing nothing more than offering lip service.

Boycott those asking exorbitant prices? More power to you. I've done the same. Are those who are here complaining about the gouging opening up their stores at prices they feel everyone else should charging? I'm certainly not seeing it. How's that any different than the liberal who sees a hungry person and demands others do something while they won't feed them themselves?

I'm not selling anything but I'm not *****ing a out the gougers. At least the gougers are giving the needy an opportunity.

Point taken but that was not my intent with that post.

Having seen first hand the used car salesmen at work in many other areas of the economy I am now seeing it here. They have wrecked the housing market, muscle cars, motor cycles and now they are jumping into guns. There is no means to control this and it should not be controlled. It is up to the buyer.
    That said, I do not see any needy people just folks wanting. I have sold a few of my pieces to good friends and family during all this so yes....I have opened up my safe to the needy or wanting and sold at before stupidity prices. I have another build up right now for another good friend. This will wipe out all the extra parts and guns I would be willing to part with. I am apparently a poor business man. Oh well.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Point taken but that was not my intent with that post.

Having seen first hand the used car salesmen at work in many other areas of the economy I am now seeing it here. They have wrecked the housing market, muscle cars, motor cycles and now they are jumping into guns. There is no means to control this and it should not be controlled. It is up to the buyer.
    That said, I do not see any needy people just folks wanting. I have sold a few of my pieces to good friends and family during all this so yes....I have opened up my safe to the needy or wanting and sold at before stupidity prices. I have another build up right now for another good friend. This will wipe out all the extra parts and guns I would be willing to part with. I am apparently a poor business man. Oh well.

I have a basic AR that had a value of $5-600 6 months ago. There at two Stihl chainsaws in the classifieds and I thought about offering to trade it for one of them he wanted $600 for. The ad says not interested in ARs. He's since come down to $825 for both saws. Today, I can easily get $825 out of my AR. Had I offered the trade and he took it, his gain.

I'm not selling my AR for $600 because its worth that much to me. I could be persuaded to sell it for $8-900 to the right person but why would I suffer the INGO price police wrath? Where else will you find an on hand AR for under $900? Hell, I may still offer to trade it for both saws.

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It's ridiculous. But the best thing to do is stand by and not participate in the pandemonium.

If you're all for free markets, you know this is the way things go. Of course you have the freedom of speech (such as it is on a privately owned Internet forum) so you should feel free to make your opinion know.
    This has probably already been said, but this firearmaggedon pricing has nothing to do with "free markets". It's a reaction to government meddling in the market for guns; the antithesis of free. The prior prices represented the fair price for these weapons. Hopefully we get back to sanity soon.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis

+1. If you are going to talk the talk, walk the walk. Well said.

Top Bottom