When Will INGO Members Stops Trying To Screw Each Other Over???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I feel if you want top $ for your items, put them on GB or Ebay. If you list it in an auction, let the fools drive the prices up. On Xmas I saw this ad in the classifieds: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/254939-gen_1_pmag_for_gen_2_pmag_black.html
    I felt bad for the guy because he got a Maglink for Xmas and I knew he wouldn't be able to find a 2nd gen Pmag for anywhere NEAR a fair price. I went out and met him Xmas night and traded him my 2nd gen Pmag for his 1st gen, so he could use the gift his wife had gotten him. I know my mag was more desirable than his but it didn't matter to me as long as it was a functioning Pmag. He was very appreciative and I would do it again!

We need to help each other out in these uncertain times and we can make a buck on the foolish and uninformed on Ebay and Gunbroker.

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    If people are selling items for market value, how is that screwing people over?

Because some individuals bought, for example, literally hundreds of pmags with the sole intention of promptly relisting them for sale on gunbroker. It's a shame that the gun owner community has decided to take advantage of one another during these times.

@ least one retailer has now listed pmags for the prevailing market price, but states that it will donate the difference between list and market price to the NRA or another charity. I give them credit. It prevents the rampant profiteering and does some good.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I feel if you want top $ for your items, put them on GB or Ebay. If you list it in an auction, let the fools drive the prices up. On Xmas I saw this ad in the classifieds: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s/254939-gen_1_pmag_for_gen_2_pmag_black.html
    I felt bad for the guy because he got a Maglink for Xmas and I knew he wouldn't be able to find a 2nd gen Pmag for anywhere NEAR a fair price. I went out and met him Xmas night and traded him my 2nd gen Pmag for his 1st gen, so he could use the gift his wife had gotten him. I know my mag was more desirable than his but it didn't matter to me as long as it was a functioning Pmag. He was very appreciative and I would do it again!

We need to help each other out in these uncertain times and we can make a buck on the foolish and uninformed on Ebay and Gunbroker.

I would send you rep if i could but my phone closes the screen when i try. But this is how we should be in this community. Free market or not we shouldnt try to screw each other at this point and when we do its doing nothing more than driving the price up for all of us. +1 to you sir.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Ridgeway said:
    @ least one retailer has now listed pmags for the prevailing market price, but states that it will donate the difference between list and market price to the NRA or another charity. I give them credit. It prevents the rampant profiteering and does some good.

"*******-proof", they call it.

Awesome!

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'll say it once again. If people where not willing to pay the inflated prices. Well, then people would not be selling them at those prices. If they know they can, they will. The ones paying the inflated prices are only fueling the fire. That's how a free market works though. Now, we need one more thread *****ing about people inflating prices. As that will cause it to cease.

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    well at least these increases have a reason behind them. People are afraid they wont be able to buy these rifles tomorrow..next month...next year. So they buy them now. If you bought an OZ of gold a few years ago for $500, are you wrong wanting to sell it now for 3 times that amount? As long as people are buying at that price then thats the NEW going rate for them.

Stopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    It's their right to sell the items they bought for a higher price in a free market. Taking advantage of scared people who haven't already prepared is a good business model for people looking to make a quick dollar. The companies are still producing these items and they will still be legal by the time more products are made and put on shelves.

Stopper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    This price jump is simply the effect of supply and demand. People can sell their items for whatever price they want to. Two weeks ago I could sell my PMAGs for 14 bucks a pop and it would sell normally another person could try selling each of their for 60 and would seem crazy. If I were to put mine up for sale for 14 now that wouldn't be a smart sale decision when they are going for 40+. Why not take advantage of the increased prices? Nothing is banned, so people might as well sell them and buy them again when the retailers have them back in stock.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So as I look through the classifieds sections the past week I see all these rediculous prices for AR15's, PMags. Hi Cap Mags, ETC. And I know if I don't like the prices then I don't have to buy. Were all gun owners and gun lovers. We should all be looking out for each other instead of trying to screw each other over. I know in these economic times that people wanna make some money. But damn these prices im seeing are CRAZY. I don't own or wan't an AR15 or AK47. So I'm not mad that the prices are so crazy that I cant afford one or the parts for it. Im just mad that we are ripping each other off.

When will people quit ripping each other off? As soon as all this moral outrage is channeled into useful production and the shortages are alleviated.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The Maxim of Hafiz applies:

"If He play, being young and unskilful, for shekels of silver and gold,
    Take his money, my son, praising Allah. The kid was ordained to be sold."
    <Par. IX, http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/rudyard_kipling/poems/20622>

If the fool wants to be parted from his money, take it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's the buyer that decides if the price is right.

So true but on some level the Bushmaster standard mil-spec plain jane AR is just not worth $4000. Profiteers put me in mind of the carpet baggers fro this country's history and this has and will repeat itself.
    Those who would break one off in you are glowingly apparent. All you have to do is watch and listen. If their actions offend you (they do bother me JMHO) then avoid doing business with them in future. I have had a few incidents on the classifieds due to this of late and will and will practice what I am preaching.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I here ya P-Boy but many a member would be on your doorstep to take advantage of you and walk away grinning that they got over on you by getting Grandads 95% new Colt 1943 GI .45 for $200 cash, so it all works out. I bought many a mag for $10, and would sell evry one in no time if I was to list anyof them at $10. Now if I sold the mags at $10 and went to replace one next year say June or July, do you think they will be $10 ea?

I think the oil companies are screwing us too!:(

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Many gun owners have more guns than their finances should allow them. Many of us are in debt and many are unemployed. If you are in that situation and suddenly you have an asset that some are willing to pay 300% more than it was worth a month ago, would you sell it for last year's price or the current price?

If I own AAPL stock and it bubbles up 50% in a day, am I a jerk for selling my shares? Capitalism works people. If eerything was selling at typical cost then it would be non-existent.

Gas should go to $10/gal when hurricanes or other disasters hit. It stops panc buying and hoarding. Same with hotels during mandatory evacuations. If a hotel triples its price, I'll get one room for me and my extended family so two other rooms are still available for the next family. If they are rack rate, I'll get three rooms and your family keeps driving or sleeps in your car.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    An object has two values, what the seller wants for it and what someone is willing to pay. When those meet, a sale happens.

I had no real intention of selling my AR for it's "book" value, it was worth more than that to have it. If someone wants to give me twice what it's worth, then I'll let it go. I don't have any sentimental attachment to it and can live without it.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    It's the buyer that decides if the price is right.

So true but on some level the Bushmaster standard mil-spec plain jane AR is just not worth $4000. Profiteers put me in mind of the carpet baggers fro this country's history and this has and will repeat itself.
    Those who would break one off in you are glowingly apparent. All you have to do is watch and listen. If their actions offend you (they do bother me JMHO) then avoid doing business with them in future. I have had a few incidents on the classifieds due to this of late and will and will practice what I am preaching.

Please do not disrespect the scum of INGO by comparing them to the carpet baggers who plundered the South. There are a few unkind, disreputable folks on INGO (thus, I use the term "scum"), but they do not deserve the opprobrium properly earned by those carpet baggers who descended on the South following the War of Northern Aggression.

Selling an AR for an inflated price is just business, and can be forgiven. Being a carpet bagger is just evil and cannot be forgiven. So, be kind to the scum of INGO. ;)

Top Bottom