When to fess up to a date about your guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    To me as a gun owner, gun ownership, weapons worship or at least Bi-gun curious would be required by a woman to be considered worthy.

There is nothing to fess up too if I am the one asking the questions.

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    My wife figured it out on whichever date it was that I showed her around my apartment. During the grand tour she couldn't help but notice the twin gun safes in the bedroom.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Any woman that you have to hide firearms from is not a woman that you would want anyway. I once took a woman out that was probably the best looking woman that I ever actually asked out. As we ate, she told me about herself and when I started talking about competitive shooting sports she got a really serious look on her face and gave me an ultimatum. "I think if you want to date me you better get rid of your guns". I replyed with, "I think you need to finsh chewing a wipe your mouth, because I don't want to date you and the date is over". It was a long several minutes, but I was really glad to send that one away. Demanding in 45 minutes into the first date? Can you imagine the hell that some spineless fool would have to go through to be married to her?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Just curious...because single women carry, too. When's a good time for the woman to bring it up? Same? Or keep quiet til you sense what kind of guy he is, & keep a tactical edge?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just curious...because single women carry, too. When's a good time for the woman to bring it up? Same? Or keep quiet til you sense what kind of guy he is, & keep a tactical edge?

She's too smart to waste her time dating someone that wouldn't like/appreciate/tolerate firearms. We have better intel going into the date than just his measurements and natural hair color. :D

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    She's too smart to waste her time dating someone that wouldn't like/appreciate/tolerate firearms. We have better intel going into the date than just his measurements and natural hair color. :D

You are so right. Most women look for things much more meaningful in a relationship. We generally aren't as superficial as men are. We know looks fade with age but a good personality, sense of humor and high integrity usually lasts.
    Besides even an ugly guy can be sexy if he has a good personality.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You are so right. Most women look for things much more meaningful in a relationship. We generally aren't as superficial as men are. We know looks fade with age but a good personality, sense of humor and high integrity usually lasts.

I would respond to this, but it would be wildly offtopic lol

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Personality = Large Bank Account... ;)

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond

See you're being superficial. Money does not always = a good person or a good time.

Positive Personality traits = sense of humor, empathy, compassion, passion, integrity, honesty, consideration of others, thoughtful and all the other things your mamma or guardian tried to raise you to be. :)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

See you're being superficial. Money does not always = a good person or a good time.

Positive Personality traits = sense of humor, empathy, compassion, passion, integrity, honesty, consideration of others, thoughtful and all the other things your mamma or guardian tried to raise you to be. :)

Well, since we are off topic anyway..lol

My experience is that women are WAY more superficial than men. Especially when it comes to weight. Women will date a below average in looks guy with a so-so personality, as long as he has a great body.

If he has a great personality, is fairly attractive, but is over weight, no dice. I have been told SEVERAL times in my life:
    "if I could only find a guy like you, caring, intelligent, funny, a great listener, I could be happy."
    When I ask:
    "why not me?"
    I got:
    "I am just not physically attracted to you."

Just my :twocents:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    weight not an issue

My experience is that women are WAY more superficial than men. Especially when it comes to weight. Women will date a below average in looks guy with a so-so personality, as long as he has a great body.

If he has a great personality, is fairly attractive, but is over weight, no dice. I have been told SEVERAL times in my life:
    "if I could only find a guy like you, caring, intelligent, funny, a great listener, I could be happy."
    When I ask:
    "why not me?"
    I got:

This is my own personal opinion & is in no way endorsed by management. Please do not dog pile me for trying to be helpful. I apologize if I accidentally offend anyone.

Both sexes can be superficial. But it is their loss if they pass up on a good person because they are too damn shallow to realize the person is much deeper than their packaging.

You're talking to the wrong women. Are these women or do they think they are drop dead gorgeous? I can see (but do not agree with) this attitude if the girl thinks she is better than everyone else, but I have a hard time with an average girl saying it.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment, will you date an average or heavy girl? Are you attracted to average or heavy girls? It's a two way street. If the girl is that shallow you don't need her, you can do better.

Let's address physical attraction as delicately as possible. Cleanliness is important. I hate smelling guys who swim in aftershave or cologne. Hair should be clean, not greasy (unless that is your style) and styled in a flattering manner. There is nothing wrong with being bald, I personally prefer it to comb overs & bad doos. Clothes should be clean and flattering to your body shape and be age appropriate. Teeth should be brushed on a regular basis. As long as a man doesn't look creepy I think he can be attractive. Maybe you just need to tweek your look.

I feel for you. I'm short so I've been the friend a lot too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    This is my own personal opinion & is in no way endorsed by management. Please do not dog pile me for trying to be helpful. I apologize if I accidentally offend anyone.

Both sexes can be superficial. But it is their loss if they pass up on a good person because they are too damn shallow to realize the person is much deeper than their packaging.

You're talking to the wrong women. Are these women or do they think they are drop dead gorgeous? I can see (but do not agree with) this attitude if the girl thinks she is better than everyone else, but I have a hard time with an average girl saying it.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a moment, will you date an average or heavy girl? Are you attracted to average or heavy girls? It's a two way street. If the girl is that shallow you don't need her, you can do better.

Let's address physical attraction as delicately as possible. Cleanliness is important. I hate smelling guys who swim in aftershave or cologne. Hair should be clean, not greasy (unless that is your style) and styled in a flattering manner. There is nothing wrong with being bald, I personally prefer it to comb overs & bad doos. Clothes should be clean and flattering to your body shape and be age appropriate. Teeth should be brushed on a regular basis. As long as a man doesn't look creepy I think he can be attractive. Maybe you just need to tweek your look.

I feel for you. I'm short so I've been the friend a lot too.

No "dogpile" was intended, just sharing my personal experience. I am married now, and she is "heavy" btw. :)

A couple women I experienced this with were pretty good looking, but even just "average" women that weren't exactly thin themselves seem to have had the same attitude. I was always very "clean" and neat. Dressed pretty well. At the time, was even doing pretty good financially. Two of the women that stand out in my memory both ended up with good looking guys, that treated them like crap.

I actually did an experiment once. I had been through a couple short relationships, and my friends all told me I was "too nice". So, I ended up dating a new girl, after a couple weeks she started getting kinda distant, so, I decided to try what my friends suggested. I treated her like crap. I didnt return her calls, I stood her up, etc, and she latched onto me, calling me, asking me to come over, etc etc. Things got pretty good between us, so I started being Mr nice Guy again, and she dumped me, lol.

Well, that isnt who I am, so I just stayed Mr Nice Guy, Mr "Just Friends" and eventually reunited with a high school sweetheart and we got married. My first after 40 years of life.

Nice guys may not finish last, but they are running a Marathon, not a Sprint.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Why should she have to know on the first second or third date if at all. By then you ought to know how she feels about guns and concealed carry. Then you can decide if it is going to work out with her...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Damn skippy! I like fast cars and big trucks, and he'd damn well better be able to deliver. :D

When I ask:
    "why not me?"
    I got:

When was the last time you seriously dated someone you weren't physically attracted to? It isn't limited to women.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Damn skippy! I like fast cars and big trucks, and he'd damn well better be able to deliver. :D

When was the last time you seriously dated someone you weren't physically attracted to? It isn't limited to women.

I get that, I was responding to the assertion that women arent as superficial as men. :)

Honestly, I am more attracted to personality and eyes than anything else.

Top Bottom