When to fess up to a date about your guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    Simple, make ref to looking at ebay for a new holster and gauge her response. The ask if she has ever shot a gun, offer to show her one or take her sometime. Every body has a uncle or dad that owned guns, etc play off that and let it grow. OR Have a copy of combat handguns on your car seat or the front room table when she comes in..roll from there. These will work....

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    On your first date, take her to a range and burn a box of .22's... let her have some trigger-time.

How she reacts, will tell you everything you want to know.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    When to break the news to your date about your toys?
    Why isn't this information already on your eHarmony profile? Do people still meet in the real world BEFORE they meet online?

Take her to a movie with a lot of guns in it and then start calling BS on all the gun stuff that is wrong in the movie. She will figure it out from there.

How do you spend an entire evening with someone without talking about guns, knives, trucks or dogs?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Whoever I meet don't have to like everything I do. Hell my mom tolerates guns. And she's been married to my dad for 44 years.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Why isn't this information already on your eHarmony profile? Do people still meet in the real world BEFORE they meet online?

Take her to a movie with a lot of guns in it and then start calling BS on all the gun stuff that is wrong in the movie. She will figure it out from there.

How do you spend an entire evening with someone without talking about guns, knives, trucks or dogs?

Right, wrong or indifferent...this generally comes out in the "feeling out" stage. 99% of the time it is a positive conversation (my experience anyway).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I met my wife at work a few years ago. She was in the basement and I walked in carrying my brand new (used) Remington 597. I said "Hey check out my new gun!"

She said, "Cool, will you teach me how to shoot it?"

INSTANT marriage material.

ETA: This is before we were dating, she was still with her lame-ass boyfriend who liked to lie and be a jobless bum. Easy steal.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Well, I forgot to tell my wife that I've been obsessed with guns since I was a toddler until well..... she was my wife =)

So I guess for me it was about the 3rd YEAR of being together.

Top Bottom