When and How much was your first White Castle Slider?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    No idea of the cost, but it was the mid '70s. The Castleton WC was always SRO when my grandfather took me. One of my earliest memories is of sitting on the window sill at WC eating sliders.

Hmmmmm, this is my 666th post. Wonder if it means something? :dunno:

G-Niner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    I had my first White Castle in Cincinnati around 1950, and I remember them being 12 cents. I still get the urge a couple times a year. For White Castles I mean.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    My first slider was not a slider, but one of their fish sandwiches. Probably around 1980-81. Couldn't tell you how much it was but I can tell you that what I ate of it was good. My buddy and I took a trip to Indy, and had been drinking..We stopped at White Castle and then went to the Harem House..As I didn't figure they wanted outside food brought in, I shoved the remainder into my jacket pocket. Needless to say, I found it much later. :D

Real slider not too long after, probably paid a dollar or whatever.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I really love that White Castle has embraced the "slider" nickname. I wonder if the high-ups understand what the reference is there, or if they just like the popularity of it.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    My older brother is totally addicted to White Castle. He lived just outside Utica, NY 25 years ago and the nearest one was 150 miles away from him in a bad neighborhood in Buffalo. Anytime that one of us went to visit we were required to bring him sliders. There is nothing to compare to driving 700 miles with 12 dozen of the things in the back seat of your car!!!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The first time I remember going to the Aluminum Room for Belly Bombers was when I was about 5 years old, somewhere in the mid-50's for a dime. I've been going to the WC Lounge and getting a regular ration of maggot muffins ever since. My latest will be tonight on the way home for what has become a ridiculous price.
    images

Mmmmmmmmm Jalapeno Cheeseburgers...
    Ahem...it's stainless steel, I know I shined enough of it for 2 years!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really love that White Castle has embraced the "slider" nickname. I wonder if the high-ups understand what the reference is there, or if they just like the popularity of it.
    They just finally gave in and went with it. When I worked for them in the 70's You did not dare call them Sliders! and Yes they were aware of what the term meant, that's why they distanced themselves officially from it.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The first time I remember going to the Aluminum Room for Belly Bombers was when I was about 5 years old, somewhere in the mid-50's for a dime. I've been going to the WC Lounge and getting a regular ration of maggot muffins ever since. My latest will be tonight on the way home for what has become a ridiculous price.
    images

Mmmmmmmmm Jalapeno Cheeseburgers...
    Bought a case (30) of Jalapeno Cheeseburgers, $28 and change including tax!!!

Top Bottom