When and How much was your first White Castle Slider?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Last summer, some of the wife's relatives came down from Toronto. They had a ball shooting a bunch of my guns, and I had to stop on the way home from the range to stop at the local White Castle as the 10 yr. old who was riding with me just had to have some sliders as they don't seem to have any in Canada. You would have thought I bought him a hooker. Kid was in love with sliders. Had my first sliders in Indy in early 50's, 9 cents apiece as I remember.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    I remember them at seven cents each back as a kid. Love them still. If you want to have some cheap fun try this. Eat six sliders, two hard boiled eggs and top it all off with a Miller High Life. You'll be able to generate enough methane that if you lit it the flame would be more impressive than that created by a Mosin when fired! :flamethrower:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    When I was a kid in the fifties, it was a treat to go to White Castle and share a sack of them in the car. In 1966 I was saving to get married and often for lunch I would get one burger and a coke for .26 cents. Sliders are either a love em or hate em food. I'm the only one in my family that really loves em. Whenever I get the chance, I have them for lunch.
    I was born in 66, man you're old...lol

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I blame this thread.

Stopped off at STARBUCKS in ST JOHN and talked to one of my favorite baristas about the upcoming Valentines Day BOYCOTT by the anti-gun group. Warned her that there may be a bunch of gun-owners showing up to support Starbucks.

Then, got coffee in hand, I drove north to the WHITE CASTLE and picked up 2 hamburgers with everything + double onions at the drive through window.

Great combination, Starbucks and White Castle!
    You now i created this thread just for you!

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Last summer, some of the wife's relatives came down from Toronto. They had a ball shooting a bunch of my guns, and I had to stop on the way home from the range to stop at the local White Castle as the 10 yr. old who was riding with me just had to have some sliders as they don't seem to have any in Canada. You would have thought I bought him a hooker. Kid was in love with sliders. Had my first sliders in Indy in early 50's, 9 cents apiece as I remember.
    We were deprived in Canada of White Castle. Toronto was my original home!

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    First WC hamburger (I don't particularly like to call them "sliders") was in Indy downtown somewhere, with my Mom I think, in the late 1950's or no later than 1960, for lunch after a doctor's appointment, I have been having a crave for them about every 6-8 weeks ever since. I do not remember the price of my first or of the many after that as Mom or Dad were buying back then. Rule to live by: Free food always tastes better!

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Everyone in this thread is old.

THERE! I SAID IT! :D

That's because we consume healthy sliders from White Castle. ;)

Gotta love those "steamed over a bed of onions" beauties! I had my first one in '76 and since then I can't pass by a WC without an irresistible urge to stop and get 10 or 12.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Got four for lunch yesterday. Had to run an errand and timed it so I could have lunch at WC. Mmmmmmm

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I was 10 (1972) and my dad and I stopped in and got a sack of 10 sliders, and we ate them all, I thought I was big time.. I ate 5, dad ate 5!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    1978, .10, central Florida. May not have been a White Castle but it was the same concept. Had never heard of it/them before. When I walked in and saw the prices I thought, what the heck, gimme 2 of them, I'm really hungry today. Boy was I surprised!!!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    My uncle lived in Las Vegas when I was a kid, and there are no White Castles out there. Every year at Christmas he'd fly in very early in the morning, pick us up in his rental car, and go get some White Castle. I loved it then and I still love them now. By the way, if you like White Castle, Krystal's is better. Try it next time you're down south.

Top Bottom