When and How much was your first White Castle Slider?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    I grew up in South Bend where there wasn't a WC but my whole family is from Chicagoland....so I've been eating them as long as I can recall. The first one I can remember buying myself was on a road trip to Chicago around '91 and they were about 30 cents at that time.

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    Anyone ever been to Krystal? It's a lot like WC but better in my opinion. I used to go to Atlanta once a month and always looked forward to a stop by Krystal.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Fun Facts | White Castle

Burgers were 5 cents in 1921 and that price was reduced and increased over the next several years. You may remember a big jump in December of 1950 when burgers went from 10 cents to 12.

funfacts_coke.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My very first White Castle Slider was in the fall 1985 and it was 19 cents. We drove down from Toronto Canada to get them after a girl (from Hammond, IN)who I was dating told me and my friends about them. I was hooked from the first bite!

Figures 26 years later I now live in the same area. Little bit of irony going on there.

So when was you first slider and how much did it cost?

Didn't eat White Castles until I moved up here in 1984...I have no idea what the price was. But when I was very young, we had Krystals down south. I'm not sure if they're the same company, but they sure seem the same.

I just wish my family liked them as much as I do--it's been awhile since Ive gotten the chance to get 'em again.

Edit: oops! Looks like I'm not the only southern boy here :)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    You ever see they have a cook book to show you how to utilize While Castle sandwiches into other foods, like stuffing your turkey with them or making a roast?

jeff1980

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Greenwood
    You ever see they have a cook book to show you how to utilize While Castle sandwiches into other foods, like stuffing your turkey with them or making a roast?

I've always wanted to try the white castle stuffing, I bet it could be pretty good.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Can't remember WHEN my first was but I know I started buying them myself at .38c each.

The fall of 04 I worked at a factory and we'd all pool together 1 order to a white castle down the road, have one guy run to grab it. Ate WC every lunch (4am, 3rd shift FTW!) for 4 months. Got cussed several times there too, guys who'd never ate one, I'd buy'em 4. "Hey I dunno why everyone complains about these, pretty good." Next evening we'd clock in "Your lousy !%@#$!^ !! My girlfriend about left me from the smell!" :laugh::laugh:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Dont remember the price, but ill never forget the taste. I stopped at the White Castle in Corydon 3 years ago and figured id give them a try. I think between me and my friend we ordered 8 or so. We each took one bite, looked at eachother, spit it out, threw the rest away, and left. It was his first time trying it too. I can honestly say I will never eat it again.

I dont understand how you guys can like those things. It truely boggles my mind.

They were 10 cents.

Stopped eating them about 15 years ago though. Stopped getting drunk about that time too though, so it would make sense. The only time I would ever eat them was in the middle of a bender. They are nasty.

Had my first one too in 85 or 86. Thought it was awful and haven't had one since.

They do have pretty good coffee though. When I'm on the road if I need to hit the can, I don't mind stopping at one for some coffee, just don't eat the food.

I had ONE little bite of a FREE one when I was 6 or 7. A local car dealership was having a promotion of some kind. Mom took me out there to have a quick helicopter ride (just up and down a few hundred feet).

I'm 34 now and have never had another bite of a WC slider. No way, no how, no sir. That crap is nasty.

-J-

Y'all are lucky they did away with negative rep. :nono:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Gross disgusting things...

But taste nice when you're drunk.

They do good cheese sticks too.

Maybe if they served them on old newspapers with a warm beer and a condescending attitude you'd enjoy them more. :patriot:

All you White Castle haters are making me so angry. This might be my last Day on INGO. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe if they served them on old newspapers with a warm beer and a condescending attitude you'd enjoy them more. :patriot:

All you White Castle haters are making me so angry. This might be my last Day on INGO. :xmad:

Please............Go get a ten sack and a 12 pack, kick back and enjoy.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I love White Castle burgers! I can't remember how much they were when I first had them. I do have found members of them being brought home after my dad got off work from 2nd shift.

After I had major intestinal surgery, I couldn't leave the hospital until I made a boomboom. My mother-in-law snuck me in what I had craved since the day before surgery... White Castles.

MISSION ACCOMPLISIHED.

Queue the fighter jets.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'll let you know if I break Down and buy one some day,

I'm surprised they've gotten more expensive. I wouldn't think their price would have anything to do with the price of beef :)

Last edited:

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    The first time I remember going to the Aluminum Room for Belly Bombers was when I was about 5 years old, somewhere in the mid-50's for a dime. I've been going to the WC Lounge and getting a regular ration of maggot muffins ever since. My latest will be tonight on the way home for what has become a ridiculous price.
    images

Mmmmmmmmm Jalapeno Cheeseburgers...

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Seems like I will have to try one on for size. Only way to know which side of the fence to take. Now, where is the nearest one to the Fort? Decatur?

Do yourself a favor and go get a couple of burgers at Powers on South Harrison in the Fort. Way better than any WC burger you're gonna have.

20080826-powers-onions-burgers.jpg

62308_10150274927280434_106208645433_15263655_1152941_n.jpg

Top Bottom