When and How much was your first White Castle Slider?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seems like I will have to try one on for size. Only way to know which side of the fence to take. Now, where is the nearest one to the Fort? Decatur?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The first ones I can remember (they were probably feeding them to me when I was 2!) would be in about 1955 when I was 6 years old and they were ten cents at that time. :D

Sliders and fries were the only thing on the menu then. I don't think they even had a cheeseburger.

Same here, early or mid 50's. I remember the BIG Controversy when they went from 10 cent's to 12 and It was like, they'll be out of business

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My very first White Castle Slider was in the fall 1985 and it was 19 cents.

The first ones...would be in about 1955...they were ten cents at that time.

Interesting, that indicates an annual slider inflation rate of 2.163%. Simple inflation based on the CPI is 4.729% for the same period. White Castle is a better bargain than ever!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It was around 1985 when I had my first Slider. There were no White Castles in our area of southern Missouri that I'm aware of, but my dad bought a couple cases of the slimy, nasty things from my aunt I think. We were EXTREMELY poor at the time and a case of frozen Sliders was cheap. (around $5 I think) We kept them in the deep freeze, and would nuke them in the microwave when we wanted one. We had sliders for probably 2 years.

Once those cases of sliders were gone, I've never touched another one. Can't even stand the smell of them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I blame this thread.

Stopped off at STARBUCKS in ST JOHN and talked to one of my favorite baristas about the upcoming Valentines Day BOYCOTT by the anti-gun group. Warned her that there may be a bunch of gun-owners showing up to support Starbucks.

Then, got coffee in hand, I drove north to the WHITE CASTLE and picked up 2 hamburgers with everything + double onions at the drive through window.

Great combination, Starbucks and White Castle!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When I was in Germany, the food everyone craved from home was Taco Bell. Talked to a lady at work one day and her son was deployed oversees somewhere. His biggest craving was White Castle. Apparantly Taco Bell is available but not White Castle.

I get them every now and then and my wife hates it. She complains they smell up the car. I thought about getting one of those White Castle scented candles and hiding it in her pillow case.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I blame this thread.

Stopped off at STARBUCKS in ST JOHN and talked to one of my favorite baristas about the upcoming Valentines Day BOYCOTT by the anti-gun group. Warned her that there may be a bunch of gun-owners showing up to support Starbucks.

Then, got coffee in hand, I drove north to the WHITE CASTLE and picked up 2 hamburgers with everything + double onions at the drive through window.

Your wife and daughter are going to be hating life in a few hours. LOL

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The earliest I remember is my Mom buying them for my sister and I after swim lessons at the YMCA in the Roseland neighborhood of Chicago in the mid 1960's, no idea on how much they cost.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Dont remember the price, but ill never forget the taste. I stopped at the White Castle in Corydon 3 years ago and figured id give them a try. I think between me and my friend we ordered 8 or so. We each took one bite, looked at eachother, spit it out, threw the rest away, and left. It was his first time trying it too. I can honestly say I will never eat it again.

AMEN brother :rockwoot::laugh:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I blame this thread.

^^THIS is why we need neg rep back!

:D

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    White Castles do have a medicinal effect also. Quite a number of times on the way home from Camp Atterberry I was kind of "digestively sluggish" after two days of MRE's. Stop by the White Castle in Westfield and get a dozen to go......

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    White Castles do have a medicinal effect also. Quite a number of times on the way home from Camp Atterberry I was kind of "digestively sluggish" after two days of MRE's. Stop by the White Castle in Westfield and get a dozen to go......

And go you will. Quite possibly for several days.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Must have been around 1960 for my first. We used to drive down to Indy from Fairmount every couple months to go shopping and dad always stopped at WC to get a couple bags of sliders for the ride home. I still love 'em, but they don't love me so much any more.:dunno:

Top Bottom