• EDC Caliber

• Total voters

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I use Hornady 185gr Critical Defense "loaded with Patented FTX". Anyone have an opinion on these? They have rubber "stabilizers" in the center of the bullet.

I have these in both 9mm and .45 ACP. They both will liquify a watermelon from 50 feet, with the .45 giving a much more visably appealing display.

The rubber inside them is prevent clogging through thick clothing, as well as aid expansion. I've only found 2 rounds that may have been these, and they were pretty beat up. Jacket seperation and fragmentation. They may have not been the CD rounds though, as theres been a lot of lead thrown down range.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    .45 in a Kimber Ultra Carry. I would post pix, but I am lazy and I am sure that everyone knows what a 1911 looks like. I am thinking about switching to a .38 special.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    whatcha lookin at? G20/29? I've never shot a 10mm Glock, (I know that the Motor City Madman swears by the G20).

I read recently about that 10mm "double-tap" ammo, that shoots the bullet and a ball behind it, grouping at about 2-3 inches.

How hard is it to find 10mm? Does it feel similar to a 9mm?

Top Bottom