• EDC Caliber

• Total voters

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    9mm. Seemed to be a good compromise in size (conceal-ability), capacity, and power. Also, inexpensive to practice with and reasonably easy to control out of a short barrel.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    I read recently about that 10mm "double-tap" ammo, that shoots the bullet and a ball behind it, grouping at about 2-3 inches.

How hard is it to find 10mm? Does it feel similar to a 9mm?

I have both a G29sf and a G20. The G20 is a breeze to shoot. Before I had the G29 i had a G26(baby 9mm) I actually traded a forum member for it. But the G26 was more snappy and harder to hold onto. The 26 is slightly smaller than the G29. I shot the 29 for the first time last weekend. I put 100rounds through it from various manufacturers. It does kick a bit but it isn't snappy. I couldn't be happier with the G29sf (unless ammo was cheaper).

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I read recently about that 10mm "double-tap" ammo, that shoots the bullet and a ball behind it, grouping at about 2-3 inches.

How hard is it to find 10mm? Does it feel similar to a 9mm?

that "2 in 1" round by Double Tap is called Equalizer and they CLAIM that @ 10 yds there is 1" difference in impact between the ball and the jhp. I haven't tried this round yet to verify. As for 10mm being easy to find, yes & no. You can find Blazer target ammo & Gander Mtn but that's the only 10mm ammo they carry. Cabellas has a few self-defense loads, but not many. And they are not cheap...usually about $1 per round for good carry loads, and about $35 for a box of 50 target loads. The target loads are equivalent to a .40, but hold on to your weapon when you shoot hot stuff through it. My all steel S&W has the weight to handle the power, probably feel more though with a Glock.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Most of the time I carry my little CZ 70 in .32 acp, loaded with the hottest reloaded HP I dare load. The thing is accurate as heck. I have no problem hitting a paper plate at 25yrds. And it's built like a tank. Second choice is my Ruger P95DC loaded with Gold Dots. And some times I carry my full size colt 1911 loaded with Winchester SXT's. I'd carry the 1911 more often If I could find another holster like my Brauer Brothers I carry the Ruger in. Nice leather thumb break! The cheap nylon one I have now just lets the colt flop around too much. :ar15:

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    S&W 9mm with a Blackhawk Serpa holster. Sometimes I tuck my shirt in and OC, and sometimes I untuck and CC. Depends on my mood, and where I'm going.

Top Bottom