• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    i would use bigreddeans emoticons. if they can break my will to read this thread any more, i feel like they can break a burglars will to burgle.

THE SENTINEL

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    OHIO/INDY BORDER
    home defense

I use a SPRINGFIELD MC OPERATOR with Surefire X300 mounted light
    hopeful the light blinds them so I dont have to shoot them.But if I
    dO I have 230gr hollow points umc.That way the neighbor dosnt get
    hit through the wall.

Scotty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Anderson
    I like my XDM9 loaded within arms reach. I know alot of people would rather have the power of a 45, but I like the fact that the XDM9 has 19 in the clip and it will do the job.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    For home defense I like keep a 12 gauge filled with super socks (bean bags). Why the beans you ask? When a bad guy gets splattered he leaves whats called bio hazard. Yes a man deserves to die when he comes in your castle, but I don't have the money or the constitution to pay for or clean up another persons remains. :twocents:
    Hadn't thought about clean up. I hear it can cost thousands and insurance may not cover it.

+1

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I keep my Sig 229 and a flashlight beside me at all times. Just enough to get me to my shotgun. I would never use a centerfire rifle in the home. You have a much better chance of over penetration. Either way, do not shoot unless you have a clear shot. Especially if you have a family, or like me live in an apartment. In my opinion, a shotgun with 00 buck shot is the best close quarter defensive weapon. The best thing about shotguns, is they are best for point shooting.

LuckyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    AR - S&W M&P - Frangible ammo

I also have a 8 shot S&W 627 R8 - Hornady .38 XTP +P

I have access to a shotgun also and the Baby Desert Eagle on my wife's nightstand.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    A kimber TLE/RL II with an Insight M3 stays on nightstand duty. A mossy 500 with 7+1 of buckshot stays just feet away in the bedroom closet on my wifes side.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Mossberg 500 Persuader in 12 gauge loaded with Hornady "0000" lead buckshot.

The short barrel is easy to get around indoors... and it has decent stopping power.

The backup is a 1911 loaded with hollowpoints in +p load.

Both are pretty effective as saying, "Thug, you are not welcome here... GTH out!"

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For home defense the best weapon I have is my will to defend myself and my loved ones.
    It doesnt matter if it's empty hands, baton, knife or a firearm.
    You can have any weapon you want, the latest firearm with the biggest stopping power you can find, if you never took the time to think about using that gun in order to defend yourself and maybe take someone else's life then your gun is useless.
    If you never thought about the legal and moral consequences of you using that weapon and pulling that trigger then you are not ready to use that gun.
    In my opinion your mind set if the best weapon you can have.
    That's something you always have with you and can apply to any type of weapons in order to defend your life.
    Also training is very important, no matter what weapon you have to protect yourself know how to use it and be good with it.
    Be willing to use it, know how to use it and use it if you ever have to.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I started this thread several months ago and received several really good responses. I have a number of choices as to what I would use for a home defense weapon, but my choices are pictured here
    The Welcoming Committee

picture.php

Each has it's own purpose, but any of the three should be able to stop any threat.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom