• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As far as "everyday" EDC, mine was a G19 Gen 3. Still have it, it moved to home defense when I got my G26 Gen 3. Got the baby Glock in 2013, it's still my EDC. Added Ameriglo Spartans a few years back.

Trencher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2024
    Grant County
    My first was a Taurus 92 clone, I bought used. I still have it but don't carry it or shoot it much. It has a frame mounted safety similar to a 1911, with no decocker.

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    Bersa Thunder 380! Cracked the barrel on it.

Then got my first Glock. The 21 gen 2. No finger grooves, so I had the Hogue grip on it. Got me some LE/Gov only 13 shot mags. I was feeling like the man! Haha

anawaseem

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    A by product of this thread is everyone is dating themselves by their first EDC.
    I thought the same and loved it.

First was a Beretta PX4 Storm in 45. After reading the 9mm vs 45 debate at length, I liked the idea of a 45 that shoots (kind of) like a 9. It still goes to the range but never gets carried anymore. Although that may change if I learn that Langdon does work on those.

Shawn12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2022
    Columbus
    I bought a first gen S&W shield in .40 thought it would be nice to have the extra thump when I'm in bear country but later the same day I bought a Glock 20 and chest carried it.... anyways I still carry the shield a lot.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My first EDC and indeed first gun purchase was a Browning BDM. At the time there were few pistols that had 15+1 capacity and its frame is very skinny and fits the hand very nicely.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Mine was a Springfield Armory XD in 9mm. I liked it, but just could not shoot it very well. I traded it in for my first Sig and kept moving forward. I did try the Mod 2 in .40, but had the same issue. There is just something about SA pistols that don't line up for me.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Let me first admit I only read the first and last page of the post.

Now, my first, if you want to characterize it as “EDC” was a used Mossburg 22LR. Squirrel rifle. Carried it everywhere from fifth grade to Junior Hi. Even to school. Then in Hi School I stepped up to a Marlin 60.

Am I the only one that didn’t start with a side arm? Or am I missing the characterization?

If you mean hand gun, then it was a H&R 999. I still have it. It’s my trap line gun.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    As a by the way, that same 999 was found and cleaned this summer/spring. stuck it by somewhere and then found it at a later date. It is currently sporting proudly it’s pop sickle stick front site. It road around for many years in my trap bucket, somewhere loosing it’s front site. Probably knocked off by a rebar stake or a 1.75 coil spring. So after not being able to find a front site, rather from financial reasons or just unobtainable at the time, I carved a site from a pop sickle stick and glued it in. Colored black with a magic marker.

That same first edc will be riding with me again this winter during trapping season. Pop sickle stick site and all.

I can’t even begin to fathom how many rounds it’s fired, but the coons and fox and coyotes, and skunks and possum it’s dispatched is in the thousands.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    How far back we going? When I was 12, I had a Crosman Model .38C that I carried everywhere I went. When I was 21, my Dad gifted me a Walther PPK which I carried thru my 20s. A stainless PPK in .380 is still in my carry rotation along with a CCP for when I'm goin' to town.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    My first was a Witness .40, carried for a few years until the XD40 wandered into my life. Now my daily is the M&P g1 in .40 ( but I have it's big and little brothers, all g1's). And all with that little lever next to the slide that bothers so many people! :scratch:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    How far back we going? When I was 12, I had a Crosman Model .38C that I carried everywhere I went. When I was 21, my Dad gifted me a Walther PPK which I carried thru my 20s. A stainless PPK in .380 is still in my carry rotation along with a CCP for when I'm goin' to town.
    Well the OP said first? If you choose to portray some other time as first, that’s no business of mine.

Top Bottom