• ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Taurus 709! Upgraded swiftly to a Shield PC. Kept that until the Macro this year.

Wish I could find a cheapo 709 just to have for fun. Sold mine to some kid looking for his first carry.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Colt 70 series Combat Commander in 45acp (God's caliber) with Pachmyr grips and a polished feed ramp.
    Carried that evil Black Talon in it.
    Still have it.
    Put Trijicon night sights on it when they became available.
    Don't carry it anymore, but I'm thinking of asking @AllenM to do a full carry package on it.
    Bobtail, beavertail, ejection port, new sights (the tritium capsules are long dead) trigger, sear, etc.
    Basically Ed Brown the gun.
    What makes me hesitant is that the pistol has beautiful bluing, and I'm afraid the reblued frame won't match the slide. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and matte finish the frame.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Model 60 smith. Around 1985, Traded long ago (around 1985) for a contender frame and extras. I still have one. Purchased in about 1986. I think I needed the money for a deer hunting handgun sold the 38 bought contender frame (which I still have) t hen post deer season purchased another model 60.

I still carry the snubby model 66 often. (My main EDC since about 1987.) I have a rossi copy of both just in case I need a trunk gun or a glove box gun. I remember buying the model 66 snubby copy and the model 60 copy new for 300 for the pair. (My goodness what a dollar is worth now is horrid)

2tonic keep the colt combat commander as is. Ed brown something else. The finish makes the pistol and a good 45 is a thing of beauty to shoot. Sure ed’ing is nice for carry but carry something else.

CB1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    It was 1987. I ordered a Springfield 1911 in 45acp from The Shootin Match on Brown Ave in Terre Haute. They were a hot commodity at the time because they were just recently on the scene (and all over gun magazine covers) and were an option besides a Colt. It took like 4 months for me to get one. I liked the pistol and probably cleaned it too often but honestly it was too much pistol for a newbie like me. I traded it a few years later for a S&W 686 which was so much easier to for me to shoot with 38 specials. That springfield though had a significant influence on me and makes the 1911 platform feel like home.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Colt 70 series Combat Commander in 45acp (God's caliber) with Pachmyr grips and a polished feed ramp.
    Carried that evil Black Talon in it.
    Still have it.
    Put Trijicon night sights on it when they became available.
    Don't carry it anymore, but I'm thinking of asking @AllenM to do a full carry package on it.
    Bobtail, beavertail, ejection port, new sights (the tritium capsules are long dead) trigger, sear, etc.
    Basically Ed Brown the gun.
    What makes me hesitant is that the pistol has beautiful bluing, and I'm afraid the reblued frame won't match the slide. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and matte finish the frame.
    My edc has spent sone quality time with Allen M highly recommend him , and his work.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    S&W model 10. I didn’t grow up in a gun family but when I got married my wife’s Father gave me a box. In it was a nice blued .38 and a box of lead round nose Federal ammo. He said John don’t ever let anything happen to my baby girl it was 1984. I still have it and her. He is no longer with us but he sure started something with me and Firearms
    Great thread! In 1982, my wife was in a Bump and Rob attempt coming home from work.She worked in the ER of a hospital. She put car in gear and drove back to the hospital lot which had Off Duty PD doing Security. They notified local PD, and me.
    Np injury, no real damage, but scared her.

Officer spoke to me and calmed Wife. He didn't say she needed a firearm, but advised us that we could own them, and how to get an Indiana Carry License.
    He also advised a firearms class, and practice at a local gun range taught by Police Officers.
    Next morning, we bought a S&W M10-4in bbl, and a Beretta 25cal Semi Auto.

We did also attend the class together, learned basics, and fired practice on indoor range.
    We applied for a LTCH, both of us, and over years carried discreetly. Wife eventually traded the Beretta for a S&W M49 Bodyguard Snubbie. Now we had 2 -38 spec revolvers.

Had made it a date night thing to go practice, then catch a movie or dinner.
    Luckily haven't needed either EDC firearms, but own and carry for our protection.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    A G23C, carried in a High Noon Holster IWB tuckable holster. The gun and holster still sit in my safe. Probably never to be shot again.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A gen 1 S&W .40 Sigma. It was my issued handgun in 1997 and the only one I was allowed to carry on/off duty. I bought a nylon Desantis IWB clip holster and started carrying it AIWB. Was a crappy gun. I eventually upgraded to a 23C for my duty gun.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Taurus 85CH 2", blued, stoked w/Federal Nyclad, 125g, IIRC. I just KNEW I was cool. I no longer have it, the gun and the cool. Now just a fat old man with a P32 stuffed in my pants.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well, it was a LONG time ago, and I thought I was real cool with it, but it was a 1911A1.

Border camp, West Germany / Czechoslovakia... circa 1982.

I think I'm cool with my .45.JPG

Top Bottom