What to stock up on in case the election goes badly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Trump won so we can catch our breath, assess the situation, rejoice the 2A will be saved and the future of our hobby and sport will be OK. I don't think a panic will take place and we can all relax and enjoy the fact that Hildebeast is gone vis-a-vis libtard gun control.

I wish I could believe that. The best I see is a government that won't actively try new legislation against the 2A like was likely if Clinton won, but given that repubs have screwed us on that in the past it is not time to relax our guard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wish I could believe that. The best I see is a government that won't actively try new legislation against the 2A like was likely if Clinton won, but given that repubs have screwed us on that in the past it is not time to relax our guard.

Never stand down again.
    That is what let us get to this place. Complacency from way too many.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    What worries me is the fact that the other guy is still in the big boy chair for the next 2 months and is probably very unhappy right now. What kind of shenanigans will he try before he gives up his chair. I'm personally not letting my guard down quite yet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What worries me is the fact that the other guy is still in the big boy chair for the next 2 months and is probably very unhappy right now. What kind of shenanigans will he try before he gives up his chair. I'm personally not letting my guard down quite yet.

Never let it down.

We are to hold these elected officials accountable.

Remove the tools they use against us.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    What worries me is the fact that the other guy is still in the big boy chair for the next 2 months and is probably very unhappy right now. What kind of shenanigans will he try before he gives up his chair.
    He won't be able to get anything through Congress between now and January 20, 2017 as Congress is not exactly on his side. He could make some more executive orders which the incoming prez could swiftly cancel after January 20.

A bit off topic, though somewhat related to this point, are the presidential pardons that President Obama has been dishing out at a high rate over the past few months. Most of them are drug related.

I'm personally not letting my guard down quite yet.
    Don't blame you.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    While our worst fear has not been realized, the worst fear of a lot of liberals has. To that end, what do you suspect your garden variety liberal to be stocking up on right now? My guess is nothing. The very concept of storing extra away in times of plenty to prepare for times of need is an alien thought to most liberals.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    While our worst fear has not been realized, the worst fear of a lot of liberals has. To that end, what do you suspect your garden variety liberal to be stocking up on right now? My guess is nothing. The very concept of storing extra away in times of plenty to prepare for times of need is an alien thought to most liberals.

One of my liberal friends said (paraphrasing), "thank goodness Obama and Hillary didn't take guns away yet. We'll need them now more than ever now that Trump will be president."

I think she said it tongue and cheek, but I was happy to hear her finally come to the realization of what the Second Amendment is actually for. Even if she stumbled bass ackwards into it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Tears
    Liberal Tears
    029.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know where else to put this, but it's both a head-scratcher and funny.

Yesterday my buddy was in Covington and heard a guy from Crawfordsville talking about how proud he was that he voted for Hillary, but then said that after he voted he went straight to Big R to buy ammo because "those damn Democrats" were going to try to take his guns away. He was wearing a UAW cap.

Methinks someone is unclear on a few concepts, but at least he was stockpiling.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Yesterday my buddy was in Covington and heard a guy from Crawfordsville talking about how proud he was that he voted for Hillary, but then said that after he voted he went straight to Big R to buy ammo because "those damn Democrats" were going to try to take his guns away. He was wearing a UAW cap.

I know a few union guys that give republican answers when you give questions on various ideas.
    But then vote dem because "the democrats are for us union guys"

sheltowee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Seymour
    I'm in the same boat as that guy. I have a job in public education. Dems are friendlier to that. But I'm a big supporter of the 2nd ammendment. I usually vote republican, but usually with a little concern about the future of public education.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know a few union guys that give republican answers when you give questions on various ideas.
    But then vote dem because "the democrats are for us union guys"

Yep, methinks his UAW cap pretty much 'splained the situation.

I'm in the same boat as that guy. I have a job in public education. Dems are friendlier to that. But I'm a big supporter of the 2nd ammendment. I usually vote republican, but usually with a little concern about the future of public education.

The government should not be in the business of operating schools in the first place. Democrats may be friendlier to the institutions and the flow of other people's money into government schools, but they're no friend of actual education.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We are all concerned about public education.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel

The idiot from Crawfordsville should lose his man card vis-a-vis owning firearms as a result of voting for that liberal anti 2A idiot Hildebeast.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The idiot from Crawfordsville should lose his man card vis-a-vis owning firearms as a result of voting for that liberal anti 2A idiot Hildebeast.

Agreed, assuming he had one to start.

There's misguided and stupid. Then there's aggressively stupid.

Top Bottom