What to stock up on in case the election goes badly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    I don't understand why people don't do this as it really isn't hard or complicated. Put away a couple of cases of heat and serve canned soup when it is on sale, some cans of some chef boyardee, maybe some canned tuna/chicken, packets of instant oatmeal/cream of wheat for breakfast have water on hand. You can get buy for a couple of weeks.
    Same here. We have enough supplies to last a family of five for thirty days. Wasn’t expensive or hard to do. We won’t be eating five course meals everyday but we won’t starve either.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. We have enough supplies to last a family of five for thirty days. Wasn’t expensive or hard to do. We won’t be eating five course meals everyday but we won’t starve either.

We are set up pretty similar and I think if the water holds out we can stretch out past the 30 day mark.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We are set up pretty similar and I think if the water holds out we can stretch out past the 30 day mark.
    Yep, water is key. We still have a shallow well that comes up in our basement. I bought a good quality pitcher pump that can be plumbed on top of the well head. So I should be able to hold out about 6 months, I would guess.

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Just picked up a couple hundred rounds each of 9mm and 5.56 as well as a couple of pmags to add to the increasingly satisfying stockpile :draw:

DNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Northern IN
    You won't be able to actually use any mag. over 10rds. anyway. They learned their lesson last time about grandfathering.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've got roughly 3-4 days of fresh(even w/o power), 30ish days of canned, 30 days of freeze dried(3 meals a day, plus "snacks"), and 10 days of MRE's. All for a family of three, and the storage food takes up about half of a walk-in closet in a spare room. As far as cost, 10 days worth of recent production MRE's is the most expensive outlay. FedEx man just dropped another crate of PMags, along with 1800 M855 ball rounds! (My driver hates me) So I'm going to spend tonight, after dinner with another INGOer, loading mags, listening to the talking heads try and predict the winner! Does anyone miss Tim Russets dry erase board electoral guessing?

HnK

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    That was out hold up. We buy cases of bottled water a Sams. I figured 3 a day per person and then some gallon jugs for cooking.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    You won't be able to actually use any mag. over 10rds. anyway. They learned their lesson last time about grandfathering.

In a society that collapses, I don't think it matters what the law says about magazine capacity. And if society doesn't collapse, 30 rounder magazines will skyrocket in value anyway because people can't get them anymore, legal or not.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    We bought one of the whirlpool water coolers and the wife usually picks up the 3 gallon jugs of spring water. They are easy to store and we also keep at least three or four cases of bottled water. I'm on a well with a generator but the kids love the ice cold spring water. We also can quite a bit from the garden. We ended up with about 75 pounds of sweet potatoes and probably a good 40 quarts of beets, sweet corn and green beans. If it gets to the point I'm out of food I'll probably eat the cat. Just kidding..

RickyG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Election had me thinking "I should probably go buy even more ammo, even though I just bought some 3 days ago". Went to Rural King and got the last 3 boxes of American Eagle 5.56 for $7.29/box ;) They still have a shload of the 2.23 at the same price if anyone is looking for a good deal, all other ammo is 10% off as well!!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm grateful for the results tonight in more ways than one, but a pretty huge one is that I won't have to agonize over feeling a justified need to stock up on reloading components and other related stuff with Christmas rapidly approaching.
    We will be able to replace the late Antonin Scalia with another constitutionalist who will not sweep aside the 2A with the stroke of a pen.
    We can never lose sight of just how close we just came to having a guaranteed anti-2A justice installed in SCOTUS.
    We neglect to maintain vigilance on that matter at our own peril.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Trump won so we can catch our breath, assess the situation, rejoice the 2A will be saved and the future of our hobby and sport will be OK. I don't think a panic will take place and we can all relax and enjoy the fact that Hildebeast is gone vis-a-vis libtard gun control.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    We will be able to replace the late Antonin Scalia with another constitutionalist who will not sweep aside the 2A with the stroke of a pen.
    We can never lose sight of just how close we just came to having a guaranteed anti-2A justice installed in SCOTUS.
    True words there.

All of us who bought truck loads of ammo in the run-up to the election need to keep the ammo dealers, whether local or on-line, in mind. Once they recover from the rush of the past few weeks, we should expend ammo at a rate that will keep those guys in business.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True words there.

All of us who bought truck loads of ammo in the run-up to the election need to keep the ammo dealers, whether local or on-line, in mind. Once they recover from the rush of the past few weeks, we should expend ammo at a rate that will keep those guys in business.

Trust that we will do our part.

Top Bottom