• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The small-government answer to abortion is liberty…if you want an abortion and can convince a doctor the need is legitimate you get your abortion. The Republican answer is criminalization.

The small-government answer to marijuana is liberty…if you want to buy pot and you can find someone willing to sell it you get your drugs. The Republican answer is criminalization.

The answer for corruption is accountability for the corrupt, which the Republicans have shown no desire to sincerely pursue
    Why does the left always do that? They take an extreme case, and try to use that to make their case. Almost all republicans agree that if somebody absolutely needs an abortion to save the mothers life that is ok. But the left wants to use that as their “gotcha” for legalizing all abortions, then allow someone to get an abortion just because it may be an inconvenience to raise a child you were irresponsible enough to become pregnant with.

As for pot, if you have read these forums and actually spoke with republicans instead of listening to the young turks, you would know most republicans are for legalization of marijuana. Hell, its been said at least 5 times in this thread to this point.

As for republicans not caring for accountability and corruption… thats rich, considering the Hunter Biden bs that was hidden by the FBI, all of Hillary Clintons doings, and The Big Guy…

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Now to.change the constitution of Indiana to allow ballot initiatives. I am sick of our elected leaders ignoring the will of the public, Liz Brown I am looking at you specifically here.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    On a practical, political level (morals aside), what's the downside of leftists not producing any more babies?

:):
    I have no problem with them not producing any more babies. Also, fewer OHatians seems like a good thing. It's the murdering of them that depresses the **** out of me.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I guess that I, along with many pro-life people, got the old petard treatment for insisting that abortion be a States' issue. This radical of a constitutional amendment would never pass on a federal level. Would it?

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I guess that I, along with many pro-life people, got the old petard treatment for insisting that abortion be a States' issue. This radical of a constitutional amendment would never pass on a federal level. Would it?
    No, it wouldn't pass at the federal level, but that's due to the inherent difficultly in the process for amending the US constitution.

Now, if the US Constitution could be amended with a simple ballot measure? Sadly, I believe we really have reached the point in our culture where such a thing very well could pass at the federal level.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Why does the left always do that? They take an extreme case, and try to use that to make their case. Almost all republicans agree that if somebody absolutely needs an abortion to save the mothers life that is ok. But the left wants to use that as their “gotcha” for legalizing all abortions, then allow someone to get an abortion just because it may be an inconvenience to raise a child you were irresponsible enough to become pregnant with.

Hatin, what are you taking about here? I think you might be taking more from my words than I put into them. What extreme case did I bring up to make my point?

I posted that republicans want more restriction on abortion. There is nothing controversial, loaded, or “gotcha” about that…it’s a fact.

Irresponsibility is not the only way to end up with an unwanted pregnancy, and inconvenience is not the only reason to end a pregnancy...the right is every bit as guilty as the left of trying to push the issue to their preferred extreme.

It is not the government’s place to decide whether or not an abortion is appropriate in any given situation…that is for the mother and her doctor to decide.

If republicans really wanted to reduce the number of abortions in the US they would support robust public sexual education and access to birth control but, when given the opportunity to do so they choose to make those things more difficult to access.

As for pot, if you have read these forums and actually spoke with republicans instead of listening to the young turks, you would know most republicans are for legalization of marijuana. Hell, its been said at least 5 times in this thread to this point.

When it fails, legalization always falls to republican opposition…always.

Republicans love to talk about small government, until it affects their ability to force their views on others.

As for republicans not caring for accountability and corruption… thats rich, considering the Hunter Biden bs that was hidden by the FBI, all of Hillary Clintons doings, and The Big Guy…

And yet, not a single indictment for hunter, Hillary, or the big guy...for all their bluster, the republicans are either unwilling or unable to identify or investigate actionable corruption in their midst.

The Republicans only bitch about corruption…the democrats are actively identifying and prosecuting it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Eh, abortion is still illegal in almost half the states. Even before RvW passed, I think it was only illegal in 33. Unless I'm mistaken, there has never been a time in America when abortion was illegal coast-to-coast. Whether because of common law tradition, or lack of laws or population or whatever.

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

About 20% of the country views abortion as murder, over half think abortion should be legal to some degree.

The last time a republican president won with a popular majority was 2004…without the electoral college modern Republicans have no path to national electoral victory.

A national referendum will only increase access to abortion.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If republicans really wanted to reduce the number of abortions in the US they would support robust public sexual education and access to birth control but, when given the opportunity to do so they choose to make those things more difficult to access.
    We already have a very robust, compulsory education system in place. Yet the very same demographics that come up pregnant are not proficient in basic math and English. They are going to somehow magically pay attention to THAT class even though they ignore the others?

you can lead a horse to water...

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    My views have not changed. What has changed is how I think the execution of my beliefs should be administered. It aligns with my 10-15 year shift from being a conservative Republican to a conservative with libertarian streaks.

I'm a father of six, all under the age of 12. I believe abortion is killing a child. In some cases, I do believe it's murder (the malice of the mother). In most cases, it's killing (a scared mom that doesn't know where to go for help, maybe has nowhere to go for help) done without malice. And a fraction, may be rape, incest and the well-being of the mother. I can help, give, support, educate my children and raise them right and give time, talent and treasures to others. I cam let my actions be stronger than my words, but ultimately, I don't make the decision and I will not have to answer to the Almighty for that decision.

I don't drink. I've never smoked a cigarette, let alone marijuana. I will raise my kids to do the same. I don't hate people that smoke marijuana. I'm not mad at them. I choose not to do it. I do believe it's a gateway drug. But I do not think it should be banned.

Just like term limits. We absolutely need them and we have a shot every two, four and six years to administer term limits.

I do not believe banning works. I believe the Founders and the Framers trusted us enough to make informed decisions. Can the population make informed decisions now? I don't believe so, but that does not mean I am going to quit, throw in the towel, and stop empowering people by giving them the best information so that they can make the most informed decisions.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    One thing I think has become apparent, is that legal weed has become the "concealed carry issue" of the Left. It keeps winning, state by state, as horrified observers and Tha Fedz watch helplessly.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    When did women get the right to vote lol? J/k…kinda.

Isaiah 3:12 “As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.”

From my Bible reading this morning.

I know this is written to Israel, but it’s a long diatribe from the Lord about Israel’s wickedness and the destruction of their society from within.

He even compares them to Sodom and Gamorrah.

Isaiah 1:10 “Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.”

Majority ballot measures are democracy at its finest.

But I thought we weren’t a democracy?

Doesn’t that lead to mob rule?

Being pro-life and anti-drugs may be unpopular opinions, right or left, but there’s still a percentage of us that are never going to change.

Now on the pot stuff, I think it should be left up to the states.

But to actively promote “pharmaceia” the Greek word for Sorcery, seems unwise.

This is coming from a Christian that struggled with that type of stuff for many years in the past.

None of this is a positive direction for America.

But the silver lining is that things are lining up for the imminent return of Jesus.

Hope you guys are on the right side of that.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Wow…. You really don’t get it.
    Could not give two :poop: about republicans winning elections at the expense of our freedoms

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Security without liberty is called prison." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The republican's winning strategy is to lose elections.

Oh, well.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Looks like we're surrounded?

Guess that means people can't complain about having to travel thousands of miles. Most will be able to get theirs legally within an hour drive, 3 at the most.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Once again, you make a statement that sounds intuitively correct, but is actually the complete opposite of reality.

I know this first-hand from my own life experience, and it's also evident from history.

Among my family and immediate circle of friends, not one of us has used contraception, and none of us were taught about the 50 different ways to have sex, or whatever else "sexual education" is supposed to mean. Yet none of us has ever had an abortion. None of us even got pregnant in high school. Weird.

Human beings, on the whole, are incredibly stupid. Yet somehow 99.9% of the population manages to figure out what it is that gets a girl pregnant. It simple is not the case that there are hundreds of thousands of women in this country every year going "Oh what? You mean having sex got me pregnant? Wow! I never knew that. Guess I have to go get an abortion now." People know what it is that gets them pregnant. Education is not the issue. The only thing that "sexual education" does is normalize pre-marital sex at a young age to teenagers. And then no matter how hard you try to push contraception on them, there's still going to be a percentage of them who get pregnant, either from not using it, or from the simple fact that no form of contraception is 100% effective. Those habits then solidify themselves into adulthood, and you end up with the culture we have now.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Wow…. You really don’t get it.
    Could not give two :poop: about republicans winning elections at the expense of our freedoms

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is not a gift bestowed upon us by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature." ~ Benjamin Franklin

"Security without liberty is called prison." ~ Benjamin Franklin
    You can not get rid of abortion by arguing with women.

You can win all the arguments, take all the moral high ground, yet they still have their abortions.

Learn from the democrats, handle abortion just like how they deal with illegal immigration. Win your elections first, do whatever you want.

You are not in charge until you are.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    About 20% of the country views abortion as murder, over half think abortion should be legal to some degree.

The last time a republican president won with a popular majority was 2004…without the electoral college modern Republicans have no path to national electoral victory.

A national referendum will only increase access to abortion.
    Most people were okay with the status quo until your side started pushing for extreme nonsense like abortions up to birth and even after birth, no notifications to parents etc etc. You have nobody to blame but your side that can never be satisfied. Just like your latest craze of just having to have drag queens in schools reading stories to kids no matter what.

Top Bottom