• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    With abortion, it's a life that could be here, but someone decided that it was too much of an inconvenience to have it here. There forth it isn't here. You can call it murder or you could call it reproductive rights. Either way a life isn't here due to inconvenience. As long as it is or could be legal. Some selfish people are going to want it to be an option due to convenience!!! Take Canada's government assisted suicide. Yes it's a real thing. Their medical field is so messed up due to government regulations, that not many people want to work in it anymore. So it's more convenient to help these people kill themselves than have them wait for months for a Dr. visit. Morals has gone down the toilet these days.
    Yep. These are two sides of the same coin.

The only difference is in your example, someone is choosing their own fate. So that makes it at least MORE moral.

A true analog would be if at 30 years old you were in a vegetative state and your doctor unilaterally decided that your care was beyond hope and that you needed to be suicided whether you wanted it or not.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Yep. These are two sides of the same coin.

The only difference is in your example, someone is choosing their own fate. So that makes it at least MORE moral.

A true analog would be if at 30 years old you were in a vegetative state and your doctor unilaterally decided that your care was beyond hope and that you needed to be suicided whether you wanted it or not.
    The point I was trying to make about the Candian government is that it's more convenient for them to basically abort these sick people from society, than to actually take care of them. And over all good morals has taken a backseat to convenience!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The point I was trying to make about the Candian government is that it's more convenient for them to basically abort these sick people from society, than to actually take care of them. And over all good morals has taken a backseat to convenience!!
    Yep. either way its somebody getting rid of somebody they are going to be financially responsible for because they dont want to be bothered with the cost and inconvenience.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I am ashamed for my state. By having weed and abortion on the same ballot they guaranteed maximum turnout voting in favor of both

I am unaware of any society that gave itself entirely over to hedonism surviving for long
    Your new carpetbagger Senator seems to believe the 5-6 week heartbeat aspect of the now-defunct Ohio law was the deal-breaker for some voters?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Your new carpetbagger Senator seems to believe the 5-6 week heartbeat aspect of the now-defunct Ohio law was the deal-breaker for some voters?
    Could be although I haven't seen data specific to that point. It seems like ANY restriction on abortion, which they mischaracterize as 'women's rights' is enough to set them off and get them to the polls

The legislature knew what it was doing when it tried to raise the voting threshold for constitutional referenda to 60%. The change to 60% lost by 58% and the abortion referendum won by 57%

60% would have solved a lot of problems, unfortunately it has always been >50% since referenda
    were authorized by amendment in the early 1900s

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Indianapolis
    It seems to me that the Republicans are only interested in keeping power and haven't come up with any real plan that people want in 30 years or more. 2 trick pony. Cancel all abortion no matter what and cut all taxes to the rich and let the middle class and poor pay for running the country. Well they did it. Monopolies all over and crumbling infrastructure. I've been to "third world" countries with better bridges than Indiana. Oh and ensuring that we don't have a healthcare system. So 3 trick pony I guess. If you ignore the things that people need long enough to bring back the robber barons then you will get the 1930s all over again. Not to mention lose elections. Like the GOP has been doing lately.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Indianapolis
    So you are saying that you don't like voting? If you don't agree with the issue then it shouldn't get a vote? Do you want the will of the people or just yours?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It seems to me that the Republicans are only interested in keeping power and haven't come up with any real plan that people want in 30 years or more. 2 trick pony. Cancel all abortion no matter what and cut all taxes to the rich and let the middle class and poor pay for running the country[1]. Well they did it. Monopolies all over and crumbling infrastructure. I've been to "third world" countries with better bridges than Indiana. Oh and ensuring that we don't have a healthcare system[2]. So 3 trick pony I guess. If you ignore the things that people need[3] long enough to bring back the robber barons then then you will get the 1930s all over again. [4]. Not to mention lose elections. Like the GOP has been doing lately.
    1] Your fellow travelers have destroyed the middle class with over-regulation and red tape (a large percentage of the middle class are small businessmen), the poor don't pay for anything and receive generous transfer payments (that is part of the problem) and most of the richest men in America do your party's bidding and receive generous subsidies

2] We HAVE a healthcare system, you just have to work to access it rather than it just all being paid for by taxes. Even then, the needy still receive generous support via such programs as Medicaid and subsidized coverage via Obamacare. What you mean is 'free' health care for all, which is really tax-payer funded health care for the freeriders

3] The federal government is not designed to provide your 'needs' but to support a system where your hard work can allow you to support your own needs

4] It was all the extra regulations mandating loans to people who could never have gotten them otherwise that set the stage for the Great Recession in 2008-09. where do you think all of the sub-prime loans that were incorporated in credit-default swaps came from? It was your fellow travelers that almost 'brought back the 1930s all over again'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you are saying that you don't like voting? If you don't agree with the issue then it shouldn't get a vote? Do you want the will of the people or just yours?
    Frankly, I'd rather see it limited to the only the will of t he people who actually have skin in the game

That's why we weren't set up to be a direct democracy in the first place

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You are relatively new here, and seem to have misunderstood both my position on this and what I actually said in the quote. I'd urge you to re-read. My statement was that no less than J.D. Vance himself admitted that a 5-week "heartbeat bill" was a bridge too far for Ohio voters.

It seems to me that the Republicans are only interested in keeping power and haven't come up with any real plan that people want in 30 years or more. 2 trick pony. Cancel all abortion no matter what and cut all taxes to the rich and let the middle class and poor pay for running the country. Well they did it. Monopolies all over and crumbling infrastructure. I've been to "third world" countries with better bridges than Indiana. Oh and ensuring that we don't have a healthcare system. So 3 trick pony I guess. If you ignore the things that people need long enough to bring back the robber barons then you will get the 1930s all over again. Not to mention lose elections. Like the GOP has been doing lately.
    But this is more or less correct. I probably don't agree with how you think things should be, but it has been a long time since the Republicans have articulated a policy set which a majority of common people agrees with. That's why they haven't won the Presidential popular vote since 1988. Because that was the last time there were a significant number of "WW2 Generation" people voting, who liked their emphasis on defense spending.

Modern Republican Party is tax cuts, cheap wages, and never-ending war (as long as it's one they agree with). If they will do nothing else for the common man, it doesn't leave a lot of room for victories. Trump had the idea with strategic protectionism, immigration control, and correctly identifying who America's real enemies are. The elites who used to smile and shake his hand for photo ops have hated him ever since.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Indianapolis
    1] Your fellow travelers have destroyed the middle class with over-regulation and red tape (a large percentage of the middle class are small businessmen), the poor don't pay for anything and receive generous transfer payments (that is part of the problem) and most of the richest men in America do your party's bidding and receive generous subsidies

2] We HAVE a healthcare system, you just have to work to access it rather than it just all being paid for by taxes. Even then, the needy still receive generous support via such programs as Medicaid and subsidized coverage via Obamacare. What you mean is 'free' health care for all, which is really tax-payer funded health care for the freeriders

3] The federal government is not designed to provide your 'needs' but to support a system where your hard work can allow you to support your own needs

4] It was all the extra regulations mandating loans to people who could never have gotten them otherwise that set the stage for the Great Recession in 2008-09. where do you think all of the sub-prime loans that were incorporated in credit-default swaps came from? It was your fellow travelers that almost 'brought back the 1930s all over again'
    I'll knock down the low hanging fruit real quick. #4 The repeal of Glass-Steagall in 99 allowed commercial and investment banking to once again be intwined. That meant that they could vastly over leverage their positions in huge markets...like mortgages. That meant that profits were high be cause risk was high. Too high. 1 lil oppsy and the whole balancing act collapsed.

Top Bottom