• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That would be like hating the Model T...

As in it was revolutionary 100 years ago, but it would be kinda silly to still be commuting to work in one today.

Point respectfully taken. I love 1911s, and feel I can defend myself very well with one. Companies like Kimber have modern adjustments to the original model (i.e. making compact versions for concealed carry). If Ford released an upgraded the Model T a bit, I'm sure they'd have some buyers. My 1911 is completely old fashioned. I like it that way. It isn't a firearms I often carry (anymore), but I have great respect for it. Some things never die.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    12 year old crossing the gates at Disney land....best I can describe it and remain PC

Yeah I get the picture...and that's just silly. I remember the first time I went shooting and I was more nervous than anything else.

That would be like hating the Model T...

As in it was revolutionary 100 years ago, but it would be kinda silly to still be commuting to work in one today.

I don't know about you, but if I had a Model T I would commute to work in that every day. :rockwoot:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    When someone is selling a firearm, and in the description they say "good or excellent condition for it's age". To me the age doesn't mean anything, the condition is what it is.

Dave

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I get the picture...and that's just silly. I remember the first time I went shooting and I was more nervous than anything else.

I took a friend and his buddy to the range. The 3rd party went totally gangster with one of my 1911's. I got up-set and sat him down packed my stuff and left them there without any toy's to play with. Yes, I called my guns toy's as that is the way they were treated so I took my balls and went home....:rolleyes:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    people who really are stuck on the idea that revolvers are better than semi because they don't jam and only on that reason alone

Damn I forgot that one too. Revolvers can lock up. Bad reloading or factory crimp can cause a bullet to back out and prevent the cylinder from rotating. Or a heavy handload can cause so much back pressure and cause the pistol to lock up as well. Of, if the lifting hand for the cylinder breaks, you're screwed. Or if the ejector rod starts to unscrew it can prevent the cylinder from swinging out, which is kind of important if you need to reload.

Another thing is people who think Full Metal Jacket is just a movie.

People who think handguns can only be accurate at 15 yards or less

People who are worried that a 38 special will kick too much, or people who's seen Dirty Harry too many times and who think a 44 mag will break your wrist.

Or same people who's seen youtube videos where a Desert Eagle flies back and hit's people in the face. A Desert Eagle doesn't kick that much. They have no clue how to shoot a handgun. And even though a .460 S&W is huge, doesn't mean it kicks a lot.

Does Nikon's BDC scopes bother anyone either? The scope isn't going to be perfect. It's not going to tell you the distance of your target. It won't compensate for wind.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    I took a friend and his buddy to the range. The 3rd party went totally gangster with one of my 1911's. I got up-set and sat him down packed my stuff and left them there without any toy's to play with. Yes, I called my guns toy's as that is the way they were treated so I took my balls and went home....:rolleyes:

Ahahahahahahahaha! Wow what a freaking idiot. You don't need to go gangster to have fun. Sometimes just blowing holes in things is great...by sometimes, I mean all the time. There's no need to lose your mind when you do it though.

The whole calling guns toys thing doesn't really bother me. Yes, they are fun to play with, but they should be treated with respect and used with intelligence.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Makes me cringe:

Anytime I'm in a gunshop and a boyfriend/husband is looking for a handgun for his girlfriend/wife. They look at different models, trying to see what fits her hand best. But when she has a question on how to operate the slide, safety, trigger etc. the guy basically yanks it out of her hands and shows her how to do it (making it appear he think she's dumb) instead of telling her how it works.

Or if she starts to ask an employee a question and the guy cuts her off mid sentence, and asks either the same question or a completely different question and doesn't let her ask her question or even apologize for cutting her off.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Makes me cringe:

Anytime I'm in a gunshop and a boyfriend/husband is looking for a handgun for his girlfriend/wife. They look at different models, trying to see what fits her hand best. But when she has a question on how to operate the slide, safety, trigger etc. the guy basically yanks it out of her hands and shows her how to do it (making it appear he think she's dumb) instead of telling her how it works.

Or if she starts to ask an employee a question and the guy cuts her off mid sentence, and asks either the same question or a completely different question and doesn't let her ask her question or even apologize for cutting her off.

I'm glad my boyfriend has more respect for me that that. I feel sorry for the women who have to deal with that crap.

One time my boyfriend handed me a Glock to take apart. He showed me how to do it one time before and it had been a few weeks since I had done it. I said I wasn't sure and he tried to take it back from me. I pulled my hand away from him and yelled "I wanna do it!" I then remembered what I needed to do and had the gun apart in a matter of seconds.

It makes so much more sense to allow someone to handle the gun and experience for themselves how each part works while you explain it. I wonder if any of those men realize all they are doing is discouraging their partner by yanking the gun away.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    When the gun haters refer to a AR as a "AK style assault rifle":bat::xmad: :twocents:

Don't you know that EVERY rifle is an assault weapon, every pistol is a Glock or Gat, the only caliber out there is 9mm, and if we just banned guns now all the violence in America would end? We'd all sing and live in harmony.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Was in Gander Mountain over the weekend checking out the latest guns. The guy behind the counter was walking a couple through the different pros and cons of certain guns. The couple were obviously new to firearms and admitted as much. The guy behind the counter makes the comment that he's also on the police force. During the course of showing the guns, he sweeps himself quite a number of times. Several times he had the gun pointed at his own gut, as he turns the gun toward himself to check for an empty pipe. He sweeps the couple looking at the guns and sweeps maybe a dozen of the customers milling around.

Once the guns are in the couple's hands, they sweep everyone around them, including the salesman/cop and have their fingers in the finger guard constantly. Not a word of educational instruction was given to the couple about how to handle firearms (doesn't look like the police officer knew the rules, himself).

Went to the other counter and similar stories.

Arghhh.

TheTank

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    indiana
    Don't you know that EVERY rifle is an assault weapon, every pistol is a Glock or Gat, the only caliber out there is 9mm, and if we just banned guns now all the violence in America would end? We'd all sing and live in harmony.
    You forgot that all semi autos are "full automatic" guns!!:rolleyes::nuts::n00b::koolaid:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was in Gander Mountain over the weekend checking out the latest guns. The guy behind the counter was walking a couple through the different pros and cons of certain guns. The couple were obviously new to firearms and admitted as much. The guy behind the counter makes the comment that he's also on the police force. During the course of showing the guns, he sweeps himself quite a number of times. Several times he had the gun pointed at his own gut, as he turns the gun toward himself to check for an empty pipe. He sweeps the couple looking at the guns and sweeps maybe a dozen of the customers milling around.

Once the guns are in the couple's hands, they sweep everyone around them, including the salesman/cop and have their fingers in the finger guard constantly. Not a word of educational instruction was given to the couple about how to handle firearms (doesn't look like the police officer knew the rules, himself).

Went to the other counter and similar stories.

Arghhh.

Gander Mountain...really. That makes me cringe.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here's something else gun-related that makes me cringe: certain activities of the NRA. I've been an NRA member since age 18, and I will not be cancelling (in fact, when I have the money, I'll become a Life Member). However, what irks me is the massive amount of money they spend on sending me countess number of mailings and "renewal statements," which go in the trash as soon as I get them. I renew my membership once per year. I'm also getting sick of them trying to get me to donate more and more money so that I can have an "All In" coin in my pocket. I'm sure that everyone will know that my dedication to the 2A is sincere if I have one of those coins. I already give as much money to the NRA as I can afford. I wish that they'd spend the money on furthering their lobbying and programs, versus throwing away millions on useless mailings.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom