• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Incompetence, Opinions made with no logical backing, An unwillingness to hear both sides of an argument (so basically an unwillingness to compromise), Ungrateful Americans (believe me, there are people in this world that have been dealt a $hittier hand then you), News Media that claim to present both sides when it couldn't be farther from the truth, Blind Hatred, and the biggest one of them all "ONE-UPPERS" (boy do I hate these people!!!)

For those that may not know what a "one-upper" is, they are the people who will hear a story of yours (e.g. "I played baseball and hit a home run" then the "one-upper" says "o ya I remember the time I played baseball and hit 3 home runs") and no matter what feat you claim to have done, they will always, ALWAYS have done something better. I THOROUGHLY DISLIKE YOU PEOPLE!!!
    Don't visit the politics forum here. :D I stay away from there.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    People who CC in the front inside their pants. I value my manhood too much to trust that method of transport! And Friday night drunks in the shooting range with the canon they just picked up after work and hitting the bars.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People that ask you to take them shooting, then ignore every rule of safety that you explain to them.

When people say "it's cool" dismissively when you point out safety rules they are breaking.

No, it is not "cool" to sweep the other stands with the muzzle, even if you believe it to not be loaded.

I do not take these people again. had a few who went spas-mo when we got to the range. It ain't Disney land people.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Unsafe gun handling. If you know better, then don't do it. If you don't know better, then ask. As far as clip vs. magazine, permit vs. license vs. CCW, I just don't give a crap. You know what they're referring to, so cut the superiority crap. If I say "I just got my permit and some extra clips for my Glock," you know exactly what I mean so knock it off already. I feel better now. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAI_-woNh4

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Calling a license a permit has been bugging me lately.

Biggest thing, is when someone says .45 long Colt. I want to freaking scream. IT'S A COLT!! Learn the difference between an ACP and a Colt and cut the "long" part out of the equation.

Another thing that makes me cringe, is people who's owned a firearm for years and years, something breaks inside or some sort of problem, and they either 1) can't explain the problem or 2) bring it to you for help but they treat you like hell because they think they know more than you.

Another thing is people who swear up and down there is a difference between 9mm luger and 9mm parabellum.

When people say they have a Remington 870 shotgun or a Mossberg 500 shotgun. Well......I don't think Remington ever made an 870 rifle and the same goes for a 500 rifle, so when you say 870 or 500, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. Or people looking for shotgun shells, they say for a 12 gauge, I ask what length, they say for a 12 gauge :facepalm:

Also using "to" instead of "too" and "no" instead of "know" bugs me too.

And knifes, it's knives.

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    MY teacher was telling me that he fired a few clips through his AR... It sucked because I can't correct him...

Oh. Plastic furniture on an AK. actually, I'll just expand it to polymer on any commie gun.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Kids who think guns from Halo are real.

People who pronounce .45 as fo-five

People think that full metal guns are the end all be all highest evolution of guns and won't give the "new plastic stuff" a chance

people who really are stuck on the idea that revolvers are better than semi because they don't jam and only on that reason alone

people who want a drum mag in their AR-15 pistol

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Calling a license a permit has been bugging me lately.

Biggest thing, is when someone says .45 long Colt. I want to freaking scream. IT'S A COLT!! Learn the difference between an ACP and a Colt and cut the "long" part out of the equation.

Another thing that makes me cringe, is people who's owned a firearm for years and years, something breaks inside or some sort of problem, and they either 1) can't explain the problem or 2) bring it to you for help but they treat you like hell because they think they know more than you.

Another thing is people who swear up and down there is a difference between 9mm luger and 9mm parabellum.

When people say they have a Remington 870 shotgun or a Mossberg 500 shotgun. Well......I don't think Remington ever made an 870 rifle and the same goes for a 500 rifle, so when you say 870 or 500, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. Or people looking for shotgun shells, they say for a 12 gauge, I ask what length, they say for a 12 gauge :facepalm:

Also using "to" instead of "too" and "no" instead of "know" bugs me too.

And knifes, it's knives.

Excellent. Just excellent. Best rant I've heard in a long time.

I have to admit that I used to make the .45 Long Colt versus .45 Colt mistake. When I bought my .45 Colt-firing revolver, the guys at the store kept saying "Long Colt." I figured they were correct. Wrong. You learn a lot by being a member of INGO. Here's to learning. :cheers:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom