• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Those flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.
    Makes me want to go get the shotguns out.

What about these?

flying_monkey_dogs.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    (As a parenthetical aside to the comments: "Long Colt" was coined to help differentiate the .45 Colt cartridge from the shorter .45 Schofield / .45 S&W cartridge that was developed a short time later. Generally speaking, one can fire .45 Schofield in firearms designed for .45 Colt)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    (As a parenthetical aside to the comments: "Long Colt" was coined to help differentiate the .45 Colt cartridge from the shorter .45 Schofield / .45 S&W cartridge that was developed a short time later. Generally speaking, one can fire .45 Schofield in firearms designed for .45 Colt)

But does anyone still chamber for the Schofield? I could be wrong because 1 or 2 companies still chamber for some old cartridges once or twice a year, but in the past 50 years has anyone even made rounds for it?

It's like 44 Russian. D-E-A-D

On a side note, and I have no clue why, but I've seen a Uberti chambered in a 44 Colt recently

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    People that can't field strip and reassemble a Ruger Mk I/II/III .22 pistol. It really isn't that difficult if you pay attention to detail. My dad showed me once and I've had little trouble since. Yes, it has more steps than your Glock, but it isn't rocket science.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    But does anyone still chamber for the Schofield? I could be wrong because 1 or 2 companies still chamber for some old cartridges once or twice a year, but in the past 50 years has anyone even made rounds for it?

It's like 44 Russian. D-E-A-D

On a side note, and I have no clue why, but I've seen a Uberti chambered in a 44 Colt recently

I have no idea if any of the boutique ammo makers are making it or not. A quick run of ".45 schofield" on Google Shopping didn't turn up any ammo. But a nickname of something, something that held the nickname for a heck of a long time, has a LOT of inertia behind it.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    People that can't field strip and reassemble a Ruger Mk I/II/III .22 pistol. It really isn't that difficult if you pay attention to detail. My dad showed me once and I've had little trouble since. Yes, it has more steps than your Glock, but it isn't rocket science.

What about the people that haven't ever tried to do that? The only thing I've taken apart is my G19. If you handed me the Ruger, should I be able to disassemble it without any knowledge of the gun?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    A THIEF... just one thing i can never get past. it PI$$es me off to no end. you can do all the things you want to prevent or find a thief.
    but no matter what they're are so many that will get away with it and the victim will never get back what was taken. just makes me sick...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People that tell me about "free stuff" and how "the government can help" me.

Before the housing balloon burst, people were telling me what an idiot I was, having a fixed rate mortgage. I said I am conservative when it comes to the house I own. Trying different foods, or different shooting stances are fine. But my house, old fashioned I am.

I still have my house. The "smart" people don't.

Last edited:

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's funny that the "Worst Gun Manufacturer" thread is going so strong. I love reading those exhaustive reports about how a particular gun was screwed up right out of the box. The manufacturer is berated for shoddy workmanship, poor quality control, and horrible customer service. I cringe when those rants end with the OP proudly stating that he sold off his pos gun to the first sucker that offered cash for it.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People that spend more on guns than ammo/training every year. If you're not shooting at very least 500 rounds a month, you don't need to be adding to your gun collection IMO.

4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    This is my first post and I'm excited to chime in! I cannot use the word hate because I believe it is a word used by the uneducated people. You know, those Obozo supporters!:laugh: What makes me cringe is the words clip and assault weapon. I don't own a M1 Garand (all though I wish I did) and I don't have a Class 3 firearm.

One more thing, these guys on Youtube that want to show their gun collection and how much ammunition they have. To me that's throwing OPSEC right out the window!

Top Bottom