What is this flag, and why is it flown above Old Glory?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This is the flag of deliberate disrespect. The owner should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Ugh.

He already has.

Wikipedia said:
    The United States Flag Code establishes advisory rules for display and care of the flag of the United States. It is Chapter 1 of Title 4 of the United States Code (4 U.S.C. § 1 et seq). This is a U.S. federal law, but there is no penalty for failure to comply with it. In fact, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that punitive enforcement would conflict with the First Amendment right to freedom of speech.[1]

Any other rights or amendments you don't believe in? :patriot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Patriotic? In Mex maybe. Bad behavior by some who fly the Stars and Stripes poorly is no justification for the Mex flag being flown above it in the photo. If this person doesn't know better it just illustrates the point that many immigrants simply refuse to assimilate, learn the language or become American. they should just stay "home".

That last part is kind of funny because there are MANY people born and raised in the United States that wouldn't know that they were doing something wrong if they flew another flag above the United States Flag. It isn't something taught in schools anymore and far too many parents don't teach at home.

PS. Europeans came to this country and refused to assimilate, learn the language, or peacefully live with the Native Americans. Maybe they should have just stayed "home" too.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    PS. Europeans came to this country and refused to assimilate, learn the language, or peacefully live with the Native Americans. Maybe they should have just stayed "home" too.

71156_263262838223_4848912_n.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's a piece of cloth people. If your pride in what the American flag represents is hindered by the improper display of the flag, I'd suggest your patriotism isn't very strong.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It's a piece of cloth people. If your pride in what the American flag represents is hindered by the improper display of the flag, I'd suggest your patriotism isn't very strong.
    Huh...

I would say the other way. If one does not display the Flag with the respect it is due then ones Patriotism is fairly weak...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Rep'd.

One of the great things our flag represents is that we live in a country where we won't be killed or thrown in prison for flying it wrong.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, a quick check of Google, using an obvious choice, comes up with a few examples of similar flags. A MexAmerican flag. My guess is that the person just isn't up on the etiquette of flag display. They are flying both, so I'm not sure there's anything here. Seriously doubt they're some kind of 'Murrika hatin' commie. Just someone not up on things. No big deal.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Well, except that the Europeans picked no bones about the fact that they came to conquer this land, and any Native American who had a problem with it could kill them and take it back, which many of them attempted to do. These people likely do not consider themselves actual hostile invaders, and would object to my killing them in response to so slight an offense as displaying a stupid flag. The two things aren't even comparable.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Huh...

I would say the other way. If one does not display the Flag with the respect it is due then ones Patriotism is fairly weak...

I used to do a lot of Patriot Guard events. A guy had an Indiana flag on one side of his sissy bar and a US flag on the other. He had them in the wrong order. An ettiquete Nazi ripped him up one side and down the other letting him know how wrong he was. The offender meant no disrespect to the flag and was so pissed off, he nearly left the event. This guy gave of his time to go out and show respect for the soldiers only to be talked to like a Soviet subject. Who's the bigger douche bag?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I used to do a lot of Patriot Guard events. A guy had an Indiana flag on one side of his sissy bar and a US flag on the other. He had them in the wrong order. An ettiquete Nazi ripped him up one side and down the other letting him know how wrong he was. The offender meant no disrespect to the flag and was so pissed off, he nearly left the event. This guy gave of his time to go out and show respect for the soldiers only to be talked to like a Soviet subject. Who's the bigger douche bag?
    You want to show respect, fine take the 10 seconds it takes to do a Google Search on Flag Etiquette and do it properly. Anything else is just half-assing it, and being disrespectful to me. But WTF do I know, I am just a dumb Army mechanic...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You want to show respect, fine take the 10 seconds it takes to do a Google Search on Flag Etiquette and do it properly. Anything else is just half-assing it, and being disrespectful to me. But WTF do I know, I am just a dumb Army mechanic...

17 pages won't be read in 10 seconds. With etiquette being so detailed, it's just easier for many to not display the flag than it is to worry about pissing someone off. So you have people whose hearts are in the right place and would like to display it but don't for fear of offending someone. I'll guarantee you no matter how to the code a display is, someone will be along to ***** about it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    17 pages won't be read in 10 seconds. With etiquette being so detailed, it's just easier for many to not display the flag than it is to worry about pissing someone off. So you have people whose hearts are in the right place and would like to display it but don't for fear of offending someone. I'll guarantee you no matter how to the code a display is, someone will be along to ***** about it.

Really I just did a Google search on "How to display the Indiana Flag with the American Flag" and several good links showed exactly how to do it correctly, one with not only drawings, but actually pictures as well. Took less time than me to write this reply out to you.

It really is not that hard to do it properly. It takes even less time to do the research to do it properly. It is like a Military Honors Funeral, easy to do, even easier to screw up and look like a circus act.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I didn't join to protect a piece of cloth. If every last piece of red white and blue cloth were destroyed, would America die with it?

If America let every last piece of Red, White and Blue cloth be destroyed, then it would already be dead. :patriot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Well, except that the Europeans picked no bones about the fact that they came to conquer this land, and any Native American who had a problem with it could kill them and take it back, which many of them attempted to do. These people likely do not consider themselves actual hostile invaders, and would object to my killing them in response to so slight an offense as displaying a stupid flag. The two things aren't even comparable.

There are many that are proud to tell you that they're trying to take their country's land back peacefully. There are some that aren't shy about trying to do it with force. If we were in a different part of the country, you'd be running into quite a few that are here trying to reclaim land.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    There are many that are proud to tell you that they're trying to take their country's land back peacefully. There are some that aren't shy about trying to do it with force. If we were in a different part of the country, you'd be running into quite a few that are here trying to reclaim land.
    And how is that going for them... :popcorn:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If America let every last piece of Red, White and Blue cloth be destroyed, then it would already be dead. :patriot:

Arguably, what the flag is supposed to represent is already dead. Rather than worry about that, we're worried about if someone is flying the flag correctly. The fact that it took more pages to define the flag code than to create a federal government, I'd think the founders would agree with me.

Top Bottom