What is the most exotic thing you have ever eaten?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This was at my dinner table. Check out the bowl just below and left of the Coke bottle.[FONT=&quot]

PiggySoup.jpg

[/FONT]Here is a pic of it still sniffing one day earlier and then another the morning before the feast. Very yummy.[FONT=&quot]

BeforeAfter.jpg

[/FONT]

Last edited:

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Well we can be thankful that the lion was free range not some of the usual heart clogging artery sludge type! Thank goodness for the small things.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    I've tried just about everything that I can think of that can be eaten from the ocean, up to, and including:

Fugu - blowfish (sashimi)
    Sea Urchin
    Abalone
    Tortoise
    Whale
    Octopus
    Squid (including ink made into soup)
    Eel
    Seaweed
    Various species of lobster, crab, and shrimp
    Almost every edible fish imaginable...

Tried gator tail, horse meat sushi, and cow tongue...

Would I try any of it again? Just about everything except the whale, tortoise, and horse... Surprisingly, they were delicious. I only tried them for the sake of experience. I just don't see the need to devourer these creatures when there is such an abundance of other food available...

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Sordfish at a 5 star resteraunt..... VERY GOOD. Ill try anything at least once, but with some things would perfer not to knwo what it is untill after I try it.

I am pretty big into seafood.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I'm pretty sure I've had dog.
    Rattlesnake, Gator, Fried Cactus, the most dangerous thing I've eaten I am sure is raw beef, it was really good though. sliced very thin served with some kind of sour dough toast.

The oddest thing, I'm not sure what it was, it was a friend from highschool whose mom and dad had moved here from Iran (Persia) in the early 80's. They always fed me very well, but they always had and it was really good, something that looked like salami but they called it bakahjaniai it was much better than salami though.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have eaten off the street carts in Mexico...as stringy as some of the meat was I suspect rat. I have eaten armadillo, possom, snake, horse, all manner of sushi, bugs, grubs, and worms, most I would eat again.

Poi...no thank you...

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yikes, I never had the desire/courage to eat off the carts. I think I ate a whole cow though, with all the steak I put down. Hard to resist when you can get a 3 course meal and several cerveza for under $40.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I once felt really brave and ready to test my limits so I actually cast my inhibitions aside and ate the T-Bone instead of my usual Ribeye! Shaking the entire time, I managed to get it all down and survived the experience.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Well, yesterday, a liberal bookface "friend" posted some article about a restaurant in AZ serving Lion burgers. She made an idiotic comment about AZ and the immigration law. Naturally, I responded, but it got me thinking about making a thread on here.

So, what is the most exotic/rare thing you've ever eaten, where did you eat it, what did it taste like, and would you eat it again? I know we have some world travelers on here, I think this will be interesting. If this has been done before, must have missed it. Anyway, I'll go first.

What: Flipper
    Where: Grand Cayman Island
    Taste: Looked like a big fat pork chop, same texture, not too fishy
    Again: Yes.

So what have you eaten, INGO? :ingo:

By "Flipper" are you saying Dolphin?

This is a "dolfin" which is what you more than likely ate.
    Brian_Bass_Dolfin.jpg

As far as I know, it is illegal to eat bottlenose dolphin everywhere but Japan..

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom