What is the most exotic thing you have ever eaten?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Picture a Vietnamese Marine squatting (the way orientals did) just behind a 3" diameter hole in some rubble in an abandoned and destroyed village. He has a piece of trip-wire made into a noose on one end - the noose around the hole - and the other end firmly attached to a stout stick about a foot long.

After what seems an eternity, a black but multicolored head attached to a body about 4' long comes sliding out (Monocled Cobra). The VMC yanks the noose tight just behind the head of the snake - the snake jerks back into the hole but the attached stick blocks the hole and prevents the snake from getting away.

After about 3 or 4 minutes of struggling, the VMC pulls the snake from the hole, chops off it's head with an entrenching tool, guts it, chops it into pieces about 1 1/2" long, mixes it with some greens he has gathered from the local fields and frys it quickly mixed with some nouc mam.

When you are hungry, you can't wait to eat it. It tastes just like..... Cobra.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Raw snake, various bugs, and a rabbit I caught in a snare.

No, I wouldn't do it again unless I was as hungry as I was then!!!

I took full advantage of my time in the military to travel as much as possible. Ate a bunch of foods in foreign lands that I suppose may be considered exotic. My absolute, positively favorite was lumpia. I will beat up small children to take their lumpia to this day. Not particularly exotic, I suppose, but sublimely delicious. Balut I could never bring myself to try.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    You people have some balls.

The weirdest thing I've ate was Cow tongue. And only because my grandma was eating a cow tongue sandwich. It was chewy. And no, never again.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You people have some balls.

The weirdest thing I've ate was Cow tongue. And only because my grandma was eating a cow tongue sandwich. It was chewy. And no, never again.

slice it very thin and make sandwiches. Not my favorite to eat either but forced on me about once a year

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I've eaten kimchi, grasshoppers, sea snails, rattlesnake, fried turtle and turtle soup, barbacoa (cow's head) tacos, cow tongue (one of my all time faves when cold and sliced and on a sandwich with mustard), pork brains, raccoon, and armadillo. A few days ago I ate a trout BLT in Yellowstone Nat'l Park. It was very good. I also had Huckleberry pie. Huckleberries are big in Montana. Every restaurant claims to have the world's best. The piece of pie I had was very thick and generously cut. It was great!

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ...and Lion burgers in Arizona!? Hopefully that Lion had his papers when he came to this country (or at least AZ)!

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Actually, it was a really high-end place in Barbados. I think it was some of the more "fishy" fish that got me. BTW, where do you go for sushi in the Indy area?

Sakura
    Miyagi

NoBu in the Hard Rock in Vegas is simply the best Sushi Restaurant that I have ever eaten at.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Ostrich
    Alligator
    Rattlesnake
    Shark
    Octopus (chewy)
    Swordfish
    Chocolate covered insects (bee's, wasp's, grasshopper's, ant's, etc)
    Dried squid (really good and also chewy!)
    Buffalo (now that's good eatin')

probably a few others, depends on what you call exotic I guess...:cheers:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I just got back from China a few weeks ago. I ate some really weird stuff when I was there.

Jellyfish salad (imagine coleslaw with jellyfish on top)
    Dog
    Ox penis
    Lots of mystery meat
    Eel
    Duck head
    Chicken feet
    Baby Octopus soup

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyway, here is the link. Notice the website.

Actually, that was pretty interesting if you could get past the obvious editorial.

The lions used to make the burgers came from a USDA regulated farm in Illinois, where the big cats are raised free-range.

Who knew?!

On the menu, the burgers, which includes chips and a side of corn, will set you back $21. The [STRIKE]sickening[/STRIKE] fact that you just ate one of nature's most noble creatures and washed it down with a Diet Coke? Well, that's priceless.

:):

Top Bottom