• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    Hey folks. I've owned a number of Rugers but you can't beat the Blackhawk for fit and performance not to mention the price. Nothing better than hearing the clicks of the old 3 screw models. Always keep an eye out for the old models as you can find some great deals and trades. Regards Dick:rockwoot:

Sigmachirev

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I have never shoot a Blackhawk but I have a Ruger Single Six in .32 H&R magnum. If the Blackhawk is anything like it (and I think it is) I can see way you like it so much. I love my Single Six, It is easily my favorite gun to shoot. I just wish that the ammo was easier to find. I have thought about investing in a Blackhawk in a more common caliber just so I could shoot it more often.

Last edited:

Sigmachirev

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Terre Haute
    Just wanted to show it off.
    381362_1604040996770_1207504200_n.jpg

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I'm just not a Ruger fan. I was shooting a SP101 several years ago and it locked up so tight I'm sure the gunsmith had a difficult time with it (it was my friend's and he is pretty anal about keeping it clean). I've have never owned a revolver that did anything like that. If a revolver fails it's done, period. I did buy a P90DC last year and it's a sweet running gun, but no Ruger revolvers for me.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You just dont know what your missing out on. Ruger DA revolvers dont do much for me, though my wife is a big fan. But the SA Rugers are a notch above the rest when it comes to fit, function, and price. Not to mention that they are built like tanks.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Well.... wouldn't you know it, but I placed a bid on a brand new Ruger Super Blackhawk 44mag 5.5" Stainless model and actually won it. I really didn't think it'd go through since I see them sell for more regularly, but it looks like I've just bought my first gun for the year. It should be here in a week and out back to my little range shortly after. All my 44mag is full power deer killing ammo and with this new pistol I think I'm going to try to load up some really really really sissy/wadcutter types of loads just so I'll shoot it more. I haven't consulted my reloading books yet, but if anyone has got any recommendations I'm all ears. My plans are to take this new revolver hunting this year and hopefully have a deer come close enough for me to take a shot at him. There really is something about these old west looking revolvers, I can't wait to start blasting with mine.

genehopkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Ruger + Single Action + Blackhawk = Extreme Fun. You will not regret it, except as others say I bet you can't have just one! :)

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Blackhawks are fun to shoot, easy to clean and disassemble, and reliable and accurate. They more you shoot it the more you will want a second one.
    d007.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Tonight I took my new super black hawk out for its maiden voyage. I knew it was going to be a hand cannon and I wasn't disappointed in that area. I am going to have to get a grip that's just a little bit bigger to help me control that thing though. Anyone have a recommendation that adds a little bit of grip space without taking away the cowboy look?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't know how many are aware of this or not but apparently there's been some design changes made to the "new" super blackhawks that makes finding a replacement grip a tougher challenge than it used to be.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I have a 1970s Super Blackhawk, and its just fabulous. I also have a Security Six. Best revolvers I have ever shot or handled. I bought a S&W model 10, and I liked it until I shot my Security Six with it...no comparison. I sold it the next week. When the Ruger .357 was more dead on than the Smith .38, it was an easy choice.

I'm scared to shoot or handle a Single Six for fear that the same thing will happen, but with my Heritage Rough Rider .22s. Sometimes, I'd rather just live in a Fools Paradise...It's cheaper that way...:rolleyes:

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    The only thing wrong with a blackhawk is it isn't made to shoot .44WCF (.44-40). I like the .44Mag/.44Sp as the .44 sp is one sweet shooting gun. I have a few Rugers, 25-30, but they only made me want Colt SAA's which are way more than the Ruger's. I like the old 3 screw Rugers in any caliber but love the 3 screw Flattop .357 converted to .44sp. or .41 sp.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Tonight I took my new super black hawk out for its maiden voyage. I knew it was going to be a hand cannon and I wasn't disappointed in that area. I am going to have to get a grip that's just a little bit bigger to help me control that thing though. Anyone have a recommendation that adds a little bit of grip space without taking away the cowboy look?

Would you consider a Bisley-style grip? Those actually feel pretty good in my hand.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I already bought the regular super blackhawk 5.5" I don't think I can convert it to a Bisley.

Top Bottom