Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree with all that except with the use of the term "institutional racism" to refer to something that is unintentional. "Unintentional institutional racism" is an oxymoron. If it's unintentional it cannot be racism. Real institutional racism was made illegal by the civil rights act.

Now, I could agree with you that there is unfairness, disadvantaging, stereotyping built into many institutions. That doesn't make it racist. But it's not benign either, and those are things that need to change. And I agree with you that critical social justice is making things worse. We had come along way in race relations and desegregating society in a way that people agree with. But SJWs want to regress back to an era of racial superiority and segregation, except with the hierarchy flipped. We were at a time when race mattered less than any other time in our history, to progress socially to a state where the race of a person doesn't predict anything about their future. That's a WAY better world than the SJWs propose.

This is merely a spring board towards other agendas for these morons. Floyd cracked the ice and all of this madness came bubbling up. Yes it has been brewing for a long time with the SJW's and this was a perfect crisis to manipulate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, I see Indianapolis is joining the flocks of sheep painting "black lives matter" on their streets as tribute to the Marxists.

Meh.

I have to wonder....if it is defaced, will the perps be given the same kid glove treatment as those that broke windows, spray painted buildings, looted businesses, and destroyed property in Indianapolis? Will paint on the street be better defended than property was back at the end of May?

(PS: Note: I am not advocating for the tribute to Marxists be defaced. It has happened elsewhere. Simply making note to see how the perps are treated if they do.)
    They would probably be charged with a hate crime.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    The new mafia.....
    https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ally-support-la-bodeguita-de-mima/5562669002/

Adequately represent the Black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% Black staff;

Purchase a minimum of 23% inventory from Black retailers or make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to a local Black nonprofit or organization;

Require diversity and inclusion training for all staff members on a bi-annual basis;

And display a visible sign that increases awareness and shows support for the reparations movement.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The new mafia.....
    https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ally-support-la-bodeguita-de-mima/5562669002/

Adequately represent the Black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% Black staff;

Purchase a minimum of 23% inventory from Black retailers or make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to a local Black nonprofit or organization;

Require diversity and inclusion training for all staff members on a bi-annual basis;

And display a visible sign that increases awareness and shows support for the reparations movement.

Actaeon posted one of Tim Pool's videos in this thread about this:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ed-after-death-black-man-411.html#post8387013

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, the war on drugs is responsible for all that incarceration

View attachment 89682

A lot of mainstream media attention goes to the federal prison system and war on drugs. But most people in prison are held at the state level, and they're usually in for violent offenses. This poses a very tricky situation for US policymakers: If they want to undo mass incarceration, they're going to have to cut back on the number of violent offenders in prison — but lawmakers have to figure out how to do that without endangering public safety.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It’s unbelievable, but it is happening in a lot if HR departments. There is legitimate social justice, and then there’s the critical social justice. And it’s ****ing crazy. It’s not in most companies, but it’s starting to get into many companies. This is critical race theory making its way through society. Probably the worst case I heard involved a trans/gay person. I thin the person was trans male, so biologically female, identifying as a male, and being attracted to...idunno. It gets confusing. Anyway that’s how the person identifies. “He”, I’ll say, said he got along well with coworkers. None of them close or considered “buddies” but he had a cordial and friendly working relationship. Well then the diversity officer found out about it and decided that everyone needed specific diversity training around trans/gay people. So all everyone had to attend the diversity training session where the trans/gay person sat in a chair in front of everyone. The trans/gay person said that was horrible enough to have the exclusive focus on him. But then the diversity officer made all his coworkers relate how they were transphobic/homophobic. They had to admit to what they thought about the person. Some admitted they thought it was sinful, odd, hard to accept, etcetera. Eventually the trans/gay person got up and left the room. It was horribly embarrassing as you could imagine. After that work became too awkward and he finally just quit. That’s not social justice. It was social poison.

It’s not everywhere yet. But it’s no longer just in the grievance studies departments at far left universities. It’s getting out into society.
    How fitting that after 3 weeks off of work and this conversation, I look to find some new wonderful Unconscious Bias training.
    It has the following list of hits:

• Break the Everyday Habit of Bias
    • Build Structures to Combat Bias
    • Can you Change Bias?
    • How to Talk About Bias
    • How Unconscious Bias Affects Your Work Whether you Know it or Not
    • Interrupt Your Bias in the Moment
    • Know when Your Acting Biased
    • Model Bias-Interrupting Behaviors
    • Slow Down Your Thinking to Avoid Unconscious Bias
    • The Power of Uncovering Your Unconscious Bias
    • What Unconscious Bias Looks Like at Work
    • When You Should Be Aware of Unconscious Bias
    • Why Everyone Has Unconscious Bias
    • Why It’s Hard to Talk About Bias – And Why You Should

I will probably end up on a naughty list. They are only encouraging us to watch these videos.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How fitting that after 3 weeks off of work and this conversation, I look to find some new wonderful Unconscious Bias training.
    It has the following list of hits:

• Break the Everyday Habit of Bias
    • Build Structures to Combat Bias
    • Can you Change Bias?
    • How to Talk About Bias
    • How Unconscious Bias Affects Your Work Whether you Know it or Not
    • Interrupt Your Bias in the Moment
    • Know when Your Acting Biased
    • Model Bias-Interrupting Behaviors
    • Slow Down Your Thinking to Avoid Unconscious Bias
    • The Power of Uncovering Your Unconscious Bias
    • What Unconscious Bias Looks Like at Work
    • When You Should Be Aware of Unconscious Bias
    • Why Everyone Has Unconscious Bias
    • Why It’s Hard to Talk About Bias – And Why You Should

I will probably end up on a naughty list. They are only encouraging us to watch these videos.
    I’m pretty sure it’s coming to my employer eventually. They’re already throwing around some of the buzzwords.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I’m pretty sure it’s coming to my employer eventually. They’re already throwing around some of the buzzwords.
    We've had two or three previous classes at the office. I forget exactly how many. They are at least as stupid as you think they are.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder what percent of that violence revolves around the drug trade.

Does it matter if you kill somebody because they scuffed your sneakers or were dealing on your corner? You're still going down for murder

The trope that everybody is in jail for dime bag busts has always been bull****, just another repackaging of 'the man is keeping them down'

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I agree with all that except with the use of the term "institutional racism" to refer to something that is unintentional. "Unintentional institutional racism" is an oxymoron. If it's unintentional it cannot be racism. Real institutional racism was made illegal by the civil rights act.

Now, I could agree with you that there is unfairness, disadvantaging, stereotyping built into many institutions. That doesn't make it racist. But it's not benign either, and those are things that need to change. And I agree with you that critical social justice is making things worse. We had come along way in race relations and desegregating society in a way that people agree with. But SJWs want to regress back to an era of racial superiority and segregation, except with the hierarchy flipped. We were at a time when race mattered less than any other time in our history, to progress socially to a state where the race of a person doesn't predict anything about their future. That's a WAY better world than the SJWs propose.

I bolded what you're absolutely incorrect about.

They proclaim that a wealthy, Christian, straight, white, male is the absolute peak of superiority. They believe it with religious conviction.
    I don't see how on earth anyone can claim that is flipping the hierarchy. They just issue brownie points for anyone who falls short of what they consider superior.

Their entire belief system is based on believing in racial and social supremacy, that is no different from the supremacy that was believed in 200 years ago. They just have a guilty conscious while believing in such a thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I bolded what you're absolutely incorrect about.

They proclaim that a wealthy, Christian, straight, white, male is the absolute peak of superiority. They believe it with religious conviction.
    I don't see how on earth anyone can claim that is flipping the hierarchy. They just issue brownie points for anyone who falls short of what they consider superior.

Their entire belief system is based on believing in racial and social supremacy, that is no different from the supremacy that was believed in 200 years ago. They just have a guilty conscious while believing in such a thing.

Oh, there's no guilty consciousness about it. Insane social justice is a sort of cultural-communism, where the bourgeoisie are the people at the top of the intersectional identity hierarchy (fewest intersections of oppression) and the proletariat are those at the bottom (most intersections of oppression). I'm saying it looks to me like the goal is to flip that. And I'm not saying that there is an identity hierarchy, I'm talking about perceptions of reality. The top influencers in BLM talk as if the goal is to flip the hierarchy, to bring the ethno-proletariat to the top (least oppressed) and bring the entho-bourgeoisie to the bottom. White people must kneel. Must go to the back. Must concede. Must give up property. Wealth. Positions of power.

Of course their idea of what America was is mostly true. There was an intersectional identity hierarchy established by white people in the US, but that has been gradually dissolved as the natural social evolution of the fulfillment of enlightenment principles has progressed. The progress is not acknowledged by the radical social justice movement, which BLM is a major part of. They're regressing back to a time of thinking in primarily identity hierarchies, except that the those with the most intersections of oppression should have all the power and those with the fewest should have no power. Reading their own literature I don't see another way to interpret this. Read their books. Listen to their speeches.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Now, I could agree with you that there is unfairness, disadvantaging, stereotyping built into many institutions. That doesn't make it racist. But it's not benign either,
    and those are things that need to change. And I agree with you that critical social justice is making things worse. We had come along way in race relations and desegregating society in a way that people agree with. But SJWs want to regress back to an era of racial superiority and segregation, except with the hierarchy flipped. We were at a time when race mattered less than any other time in our history, to progress socially to a state where the race of a person doesn't predict anything about their future. That's a WAY better world than the SJWs propose.

I think the term you're looking for is disparate impact. The problem there is, that concept has a very slippery slope, and can be used rather insidiously to conflate equality of opportunity with equality of outcome.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Can we say institutional implicit racial bias?

And let's be honest - just because it was made illegal doesn't mean it disappeared.

The way I see it, SJW look and see some screws loose around the place, so they grab sledgehammers to fix it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The new mafia.....

Black Lives Matter can go **** itself all the way to Hell.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think the term you're looking for is disparate impact. The problem there is, that concept has a very slippery slope, and can be used rather insidiously to conflate equality of opportunity with equality of outcome.

That's one term. Sure. I'd go along with that. The disparate impact though could be something that might involve race incidentally. For example it seems COVID is affecting black people more than white people. I can imagine many factors that might contribute to that outcome, none of which are "racist". I'm fairly confident that COVID gives zero flying ****s about the race of the person, yet some people are calling that an example of institutional racism. The reason for that is in the insane social justice literature, particularly stuff derived from critical race theory, pretty much the lone criterion for determining that institutional racism is afoot is if there is a disparate negative impact to minority identity groups. If something affects "oppressed" identity groups negatively more than their representation in society, the cause is institutional racism.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Does it matter if you kill somebody because they scuffed your sneakers or were dealing on your corner? You're still going down for murder

The trope that everybody is in jail for dime bag busts has always been bull****, just another repackaging of 'the man is keeping them down'
    Who made that claim? The war on drugs has a much wider affect that people dealing dime bags. It needs to end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom