Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...treet-white-mom-murdered-saying-lives-matter/

"Indianapolis Paints Giant Black Lives Matter Mural a Block From Street Where White Mom Was Murdered for Saying ‘All Lives Matter’"

**** them

etnyre-centennial-asphalt-distributors-2.jpg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Want to find out first hand what black lives matter is? Looks like they are planning a protest in Martinsville @ 3pm at the county courthouse on Saturday. There may even be some heated discussions! Come on down and watch the fun!

Popped up on my wife's I-phone this evening.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Want to find out first hand what black lives matter is? Looks like they are planning a protest in Martinsville @ 3pm at the county courthouse on Saturday. There may even be some heated discussions! Come on down and watch the fun!

Martinsville?

What? Four people expected?

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Maybe once they're done, everyone can go to the various hotels by the highway and protest against child trafficking. Word is that Martinsville's overnight locations are seeing plenty of this sort of business.

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I'm sure that is true here as well as many other cities and towns. I have no problem going after those involved in and linked to this kind of bull pucky. Just more proof that morals are in a rapid downward spiral.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I have to give props to the Indianapolis folks that painted that mural. It actually LOOKS like a mural versus a yellow traffic advisory.

As to it being a block away from a murder....people sleep and eat within a block of that murder. Should they hold a 24/7/365 vigil? Should they go on a hunger strike?

Dumb argument.

A white girl got killed by a black criminal. Find him. Try him. Too bad we can't fry him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have to give props to the Indianapolis folks that painted that mural. It actually LOOKS like a mural versus a yellow traffic advisory.

As to it being a block away from a murder....people sleep and eat within a block of that murder. Should they hold a 24/7/365 vigil? Should they go on a hunger strike?

Dumb argument.

A white girl got killed by a black criminal. Find him. Try him. Too bad we can't fry him.

Well, except that it appears that she was allegedly killed because she failed to toe the BLM line and dared to say that All Lives Matter. So yeah, not quite a random killing.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It's a stretch to connect the two. We are in a closed ecosystem.

The perp had no justification for shooting an unarmed person. Fry his ass.

As to BLM....I agree that people are being misled by Marxists. But, I still think the Indy people did a much better job with their mural than the rest of the country.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, except that it appears that she was allegedly killed because she failed to toe the BLM line and dared to say that All Lives Matter. So yeah, not quite a random killing.

It doesn't matter what she said.

It doesn't matter if she was waving a nazi flag and blurting out racial slurs and yelling at people.

Being murdered over that is obscene, and the murderer should face the maximum possible penalty under the law.

Being murdered over words, especially words that do not carry any intent to physically harm someone, is worse than just a random killing. That's squarely 1st degree murder.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    While I support people's rights to express their views, paint in the street should be for public safety. If you're going to let one group paint the street, you have to let others. What if blue lives matter wants to paint a mural of officers who had to defend their lives from armed felons?

Chewie

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Didn't go and what little I could find said they showed up Sunday morning. Typical for Martinsville, no excitement just a little fist shaking and yelling. No idea as to how many even showed up, sigh.....

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    While I support people's rights to express their views, paint in the street should be for public safety. If you're going to let one group paint the street, you have to let others. What if blue lives matter wants to paint a mural of officers who had to defend their lives from armed felons?

This is the same point that I made, that hasn't gotten much response. If defacing a public roadway by painting a BLM "mural" is protected speech, how can the defacing of that mural not also constitute protected speech?

I can disagree with allowing defacing of a public roadway, disagree with the BLM message, and also disagree with defacing the "mural" - while still recognizing that the state is constitutionally prohibited from playing favorites with respect to which of these acts constitute protected speech and which do not.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the odds are pretty good that the Indy BLM mural was installed with an eye toward being defaced...

...it plays right into the narrative of the wing-nut brigade of the American Political Left. (Look how racist those hoosiers are, blah blah, etc...).

I don't have strong feelings about the mural as a work of art or as a political statement, but I am disheartened by how easily this has been used as a wedge by those who want to divide us...it's just paint on asphalt - it doesn't change a damn thing between us as citizens and neighbors.

Race itself is a flawed construct, a lie we have been told so often it starts to have the ring of truth to it. We need to do a better job of separating the lies from truth.

ETA:

I have no problem admitting that I loath fascism...but I don't support ANTIFA. Along those sam lines, while I have no problem proclaiming "black lives matter!" loudly and sincerely, do not make the mistake of thinking I support the Black Lives Matter(TM) political action group or their marxist ambitions. Recognize the Mott-and-Bailey fallacy when you see it, and beware of its trap.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is the same point that I made, that hasn't gotten much response. If defacing a public roadway by painting a BLM "mural" is protected speech, how can the defacing of that mural not also constitute protected speech?

I can disagree with allowing defacing of a public roadway, disagree with the BLM message, and also disagree with defacing the "mural" - while still recognizing that the state is constitutionally prohibited from playing favorites with respect to which of these acts constitute protected speech and which do not.

I dropped that point because who knows? The meaning and interpretation of the law you cited vs the authority of the city county council is really a matter for the courts, not INGO'ers. I don't know enough about street murals and the law to know if there are any precedents.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think the odds are pretty good that the Indy BLM mural was installed with an eye toward being defaced...

...it plays right into the narrative of the wing-nut brigade of the American Political Left. (Look how racist those hoosiers are, blah blah, etc...).

I don't have strong feelings about the mural as a work of art or as a political statement, but I am disheartened by how easily this has been used as a wedge by those who want to divide us...it's just paint on asphalt - it doesn't change a damn thing between us as citizens and neighbors.

Race itself is a flawed construct, a lie we have been told so often it starts to have the ring of truth to it. We need to do a better job of separating the lies from truth.

ETA:

I have no problem admitting that I loath fascism...but I don't support ANTIFA. Along those sam lines, while I have no problem proclaiming "black lives matter!" loudly and sincerely, do not make the mistake of thinking I support the Black Lives Matter(TM) political action group or their marxist ambitions. Recognize the Mott-and-Bailey fallacy when you see it, and beware of its trap.
    Do you think that those less knowledgeable than you might see your proclamation as support for the group?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom