• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Here's how you can tell it's a scam. It focuses on a very small percentage, but highly visible issue. It doesn't have any specific goals, purpose, or point of focus. Compare that to the actual civil rights movement, which affected a large percentage of people, had a specific goal (voting right, repeal of Jim Crow, etc), and relied on Dr. King as a pivotal focus point for reform. BLM is only focused on keeping people afraid and angry, so Democrats can control how they vote. Another reason you'll know it's scam is that it will have no staying power. Once the puppet masters see that it's not yielding the results they want they'll move on to the next scam. Why do you think it blew up so big right before a national election, and then got real quiet when the Dems lost? It'll be a footnote by June and most people won't even remember it.

Remember all the noise about access to healthcare? Are people any better off? No. Why don't we hear about it? I wonder...

How to keep people stuck in their circumstances:

1) Identify a "problem"

2) Blame someone

3) Promise Vengence/Retribution etc.

4) Blame someone, say something about access

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 ad nauseum.

6) Profit

You can apply that to drugs, poverty, education, healthcare, really just about anything you're not happy with.

what's the small issue you're speaking of?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's how you can tell it's a scam. It focuses on a very small percentage, but highly visible issue. It doesn't have any specific goals, purpose, or point of focus. Compare that to the actual civil rights movement, which affected a large percentage of people, had a specific goal (voting right, repeal of Jim Crow, etc), and relied on Dr. King as a pivotal focus point for reform. BLM is only focused on keeping people afraid and angry, so Democrats can control how they vote. Another reason you'll know it's scam is that it will have no staying power. Once the puppet masters see that it's not yielding the results they want they'll move on to the next scam. Why do you think it blew up so big right before a national election, and then got real quiet when the Dems lost? It'll be a footnote by June and most people won't even remember it.

Remember all the noise about access to healthcare? Are people any better off? No. Why don't we hear about it? I wonder...

How to keep people stuck in their circumstances:

1) Identify a "problem"

2) Blame someone

3) Promise Vengence/Retribution etc.

4) Blame someone, say something about access

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 ad nauseum.

6) Profit

You can apply that to drugs, poverty, education, healthcare, really just about anything you're not happy with.

If there are puppet masters, then we're back to what I said. Either the founders are instigators or they are useful idiots.

I do agree that many of those attributes are present. But it does have specific goals. Have you read their demands? They are delusional goals, but still they are goals. Reparations? Nah, that **** ain't happening.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    what's the small issue you're speaking of?

If we're talking about "institutional racism", yeah. Pretty small problem compared to other problems. "Institutional racism" is a made up term used to convince people there's some kind of problem that their solutions will solve. There is "individual racism" still. And individuals can group together and make it group racism. But that's not the same as "institutional racism. And individual racism has a different solution than the nebulous "institution".

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If there are puppet masters, then we're back to what I said. Either the founders are instigators or they are useful idiots.

I do agree that many of those attributes are present. But it does have specific goals. Have you read their demands? They are delusional goals, but still they are goals. Reparations? Nah, that **** ain't happening.

Right, those are the demands of the higher-ups, the hard-line SJW race-peddlers like DeRay McKesson. They want to tear down the country because of what they think they're owed. (Ironically, as he is paid quite handsomely and has a comfortable life for pressing the race issue like he is).

Now... I would say a majority of the people in these gatherings have no idea who DeRay is, what he wants, or how he wants to get it. I'd say these are everyday black Americans that... for one reason or another... feel the system is stacked against them. They see these gatherings as an opportunity to air grievances. This explains the numbers present at such gatherings. The mob mentality might explain the call-and-response chants that you mentioned earlier. Not everyone is getting on camera, and not everyone is calling for dead cops.

The gatherings are definitely orchestrated by higher-ups to cause commotion... but I think the majority of people attending are doing it for reasons different than the higher-ups.

But on camera, how are you supposed to know that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If we're talking about "institutional racism", yeah. Pretty small problem compared to other problems. "Institutional racism" is a made up term used to convince people there's some kind of problem that their solutions will solve. There is "individual racism" still. And individuals can group together and make it group racism. But that's not the same as "institutional racism. And individual racism has a different solution than the nebulous "institution".

Your proof is what?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Your proof is what?

I can say the same thing. YOUR proof is what? We hear the social justice warriors talking about institutional racism. Well, show me the policy or law that's actually institutionally racist. And show me that it's something that we can say is a major problem.

If what you think is institutional racism, is actually some individual racists acting badly, well, that has a different solution. The solution for the former is, of course, ending the racist policy or law. The solution for the latter is case by case.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can say the same thing. YOUR proof is what? We hear the social justice warriors talking about institutional racism. Well, show me the policy or law that's actually institutionally racist. And show me that it's something that we can say is a major problem.

If what you think is institutional racism, is actually some individual racists acting badly, well, that has a different solution. The solution for the former is, of course, ending the racist policy or law. The solution for the latter is case by case.

Does there have to be a policy or law to prove it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does there have to be a policy or law to prove it?

Are you kidding? That's kinda what *institutional* racism is. Institutional racism is systematic racism baked in by inherently racist policies or laws. Jim Crow laws for example.

Now there is one longstanding class of institutional racism that exists today on a very large scale, and that is the Democratic policies that have decimated inner cities. But BLM doesn't acknowledge those policies as racist and they seem to want more of those kinds of policies.

So other than the Democratic policies, where is your proof of institutional racism?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are you kidding? That's kinda what *institutional* racism is. Institutional racism is systematic racism baked in by inherently racist policies or laws. Jim Crow laws for example.

Now there is one longstanding class of institutional racism that exists today on a very large scale, and that is the Democratic policies that have decimated inner cities. But BLM doesn't acknowledge those policies as racist and they seem to want more of those kinds of policies.

So other than the Democratic policies, where is your proof of institutional racism?

It is apparent that you don't actually know what institutional racism is, if you believe it to be clearly spelled out in policy or law.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't either, can you educate us with hard facts?

I'll give you one example. You can decide if it's worth your effort to look further. But obviously, I woun't expect that you will. What is the policy or law in which a black man that kills a white man is 3X more likely to get the death penalty, than the converse?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'll give you one example. You can decide if it's worth your effort to look further. But obviously, I woun't expect that you will. What is the policy or law in which a black man that kills a white man is 3X more likely to get the death penalty, than the converse?

First, you need to demonstrate that there is a statistically significant difference in the rates of death penalties. Then, you need to provide evidence that any statistically significant difference is due to racism. Only then, can you even begin to discuss whether the observed racism is "institutional" or not.

So, where do your numbers come from? This one might be interesting to study.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You're wrong about that. You're still conflating individual racism with institutional racism. Institutional racism is illegal. Unconstitutional. Even if it's de facto unwritten policy, it still distills into individuals making individual choices. If racism is the cause of your example--you haven't proven it is, but for the sake of argument--a plurality of like minded individual racists who make that decision is not the same as institutional racism. You said 3x more likely to get the death penalty. That means it's still dependent upon the mindset of the people deciding the case. At most that is a plurality of individual bias and not institutional racism. And as I've said, that has a much different solution than institutional racism does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom