Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So let me get this straight. You're saying BLM doesn't condemn violence? Or are you saying that they haven't pointed out specific instances on their website, and denounced them there?

Don't try to oversimplify it so you can marginalize it. I'm not asking them to point out specific instances. Finding a general condemnation of violence would be a good thing. The only violence they seem to condemn is against Black people, and that's fine and all, but what about violence done in their name against white people, cops, and even store owners in their own neighborhoods who'd rather not be looted. Of all the criticisms that have been levied against BLM, violence that they've seemed to have incited is probably top of the list. Yet when they found 11 other "misconceptions" to refute, that wasn't addressed. At all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't try to oversimplify it so you can marginalize it. I'm not asking them to point out specific instances. Finding a general condemnation of violence would be a good thing. The only violence they seem to condemn is against Black people, and that's fine and all, but what about violence done in their name against white people, cops, and even store owners in their own neighborhoods who'd rather not be looted. Of all the criticisms that have been levied against BLM, violence that they've seemed to have incited is probably top of the list. Yet when they found 11 other "misconceptions", that wasn't addressed. At all.

Uh....

Black Lives Matter Speaks Out Against Dallas Shooting

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm willing to forgive the angry mob, and place most of my blame on people like Sally Kohn.

She comes along lately, admonishing "fake news"... saying how harmful it is.

Yet, here she is, perpetuating it... and the media support of "hands up, don't shoot" has resulted in numerous dead law enforcement officers and civilians.

hqdefault.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm willing to forgive the angry mob, and place most of my blame on people like Sally Kohn.

She comes along lately, admonishing "fake news"... saying how harmful it is.

Yet, here she is, perpetuating it... and the media support of "hands up, don't shoot" has resulted in numerous dead law enforcement officers and civilians.

hqdefault.jpg

Not sure if srs. Ya know, in recent months, there have been quite a few officers killed. I wondered if anyone would ever bring it up, but not a peep. I'm wondered, it those killings had of been related to BLM how quickly they would've shown up here.
    https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm aware of them making a statement about the shooting. I said riots. What did they say about the "pigs in a blanket" rants. "What do we want? Dead cops?" what was their response to that. What was their response to the riots in Ferguson, Baltimore, etc? There are some really good people holding "Black Lives Matter" signs. I believe that. But there are too many bad actors, as you call them, holding those signs and rioting. And it's not a small number.

If they don't condone violence then why doesn't BLM just make an announcement calling those bad actors out? Why don't they announce that they want all violence done in their name to stop. Period. I'd give them due credit if they did that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure if srs. Ya know, in recent months, there have been quite a few officers killed. I wondered if anyone would ever bring it up, but not a peep. I'm wondered, it those killings had of been related to BLM how quickly they would've shown up here.
    https://www.odmp.org/search/year/2016

It's like anything else, if it's not on the news we often don't hear about it. But surely you can see why it might make INGO's radar when a "social justice" organization calls for dead cops and we get dead cops as a result.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm aware of them making a statement about the shooting. I said riots. What did they say about the "pigs in a blanket" rants. "What do we want? Dead cops?" what was their response to that. What was their response to the riots in Ferguson, Baltimore, etc? There are some really good people holding "Black Lives Matter" signs. I believe that. But there are too many bad actors, as you call them, holding those signs and rioting. And it's not a small number.

If they don't condone violence then why doesn't BLM just make an announcement calling those bad actors out? Why don't they announce that they want all violence done in their name to stop. Period. I'd give them due credit if they did that.

BLM "what do we want, dead cops"? You have a link to that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They're all carrying BLM signs. I've been waiting all these months to hear their leaders denounce these people as not them. How can I tell the difference if their leaders don't disavow them? Did you see the size of that crowd? Hey, maybe they have disavowed them and I just missed it. Maybe they disavowed them on one of their many appearances on MSNBC. I admit I don't watch that network much. I coulda missed it.

If you have a link, I'd be happy to know.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They're all carrying BLM signs. I've been waiting all these months to hear their leaders denounce these people as not them. How can I tell the difference if their leaders don't disavow them? Did you see the size of that crowd? Hey, maybe they have disavowed them and I just missed it. Maybe they disavowed them on one of their many appearances on MSNBC. I admit I don't watch that network much. I coulda missed it.

1. I think any movement is going to have bad actors. These are the types that ruin legit gatherings with gunfire, murder, etc.

2. I think these bad actors are taking advantage of the gatherings, using them as cover, co-opting them for what they believe the movement should do (riot, kill, etc).

3. I think the media benefits greatly from these bad actors, as little as they'd like to admit that. More clicks, more views, more unrest makes for great TV. They have little-to-no inclination to give a spotlight to people from the group admonishing these bad actors. Why bother?

4. I think BLM isn't even a true "group", in the normal sense. It's an idea, which we know was based on a lie and perpetuated by a dishonest media... but still an idea. They believe it, and half of them may truly want change... the other half may just want to have fun ****ing up towns and rioting... and the very, very few want to use it to cause chaos and true harm to get back at those they don't like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Advertising/media time good or bad is good.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    1. I think any movement is going to have bad actors. These are the types that ruin legit gatherings with gunfire, murder, etc.

2. I think these bad actors are taking advantage of the gatherings, using them as cover, co-opting them for what they believe the movement should do (riot, kill, etc).

3. I think the media benefits greatly from these bad actors, as little as they'd like to admit that. More clicks, more views, more unrest makes for great TV. They have little-to-no inclination to give a spotlight to people from the group admonishing these bad actors. Why bother?

4. I think BLM isn't even a true "group", in the normal sense. It's an idea, which we know was based on a lie and perpetuated by a dishonest media... but still an idea. They believe it, and half of them may truly want change... the other half may just want to have fun ****ing up towns and rioting... and the very, very few want to use it to cause chaos and true harm to get back at those they don't like.

1. Generally the legitimate group denounces the bad actors so that their message isn't tainted.

2. Did you see the size of that crowd chanting "what do we want? Dead cops! when do we want it? Now!". That takes organization. That's more than just a few bad actors. And when will I see the top of BLM's leadership--there is a top--disavow any acts of violence?

3. Agreed. The BLM phenominon, the riots, the protests, the rants promoting violence. That's all good for clicks.

4. BLM is an organization. They have a federated structure. There is a top. There are affiliated organizers. And fairly recently, they got well funded (See George Soros). They have a continually developing website. They have a manifesto of sorts. They call themselves a movement. That's not merely an idea. The media didn't create BLM, though it did help promote their message and attract money to help them organize.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    While I agree somewhat to Jamil's #2, I also know what happens when people get together in groups. My father had a saying "One boy is a boy, 2 boys are half a boy and 3 boys are just plain heathens." IMO, that rings true here as well. People let their emotions get whipped up into a frenzy by a few well planted "bad apples" and the rest is human nature.

This is the #1 reason why I hate people. A person is good, people ****ing suck. To borrow a quote from MiB:

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While I agree somewhat to Jamil's #2, I also know what happens when people get together in groups. My father had a saying "One boy is a boy, 2 boys are half a boy and 3 boys are just plain heathens." IMO, that rings true here as well. People let their emotions get whipped up into a frenzy by a few well planted "bad apples" and the rest is human nature.

This is the #1 reason why I hate people. A person is good, people ****ing suck.

I understand the mob mentality that you're talking about. However, THAT protest was well organized. You don't get THAT many people together chanting crap like that without more than just a few bad apples stirring things up. THAT protest had money behind it.

Here's my whole thing about BLM. I think the idea started out with good intent. I think the SJWs in the media got ahold of it, helped it grow to get the visibility of well connected, well funded SJW nutjobs. Have you seen their page about what they stand for? It's about as SJW as you can get without being Anita ****ing Sarkeesian. The idea has been taken over by lunatics. And as I've been saying, I find it telling that they're not completely, unequivocally, disavowing violent protests, or violent protest messages.

People rightly asked Donald Trump to disavow the alt-right, which he did. That at least helps dispel the common belief that Trump is a white supremacist. Optics matter. If they want people like me to take them and their message seriously, they need to speak out every time there's even a hint of violence associated with their movement. It would also help to drop the SJW nonsense.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I disagree that it even started out with good intent. The only intent ever was to be divisive. That is the whole goal of these organizations, because without division and someone to blame, you can't properly socially engineer people. BLM is just another instance where social justice is trying to keep certain people stuck in their socio-economic doldrums. Classic democratic party playbook. Pretend to help people so you can continue to use them.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree that it even started out with good intent. The only intent ever was to be divisive. That is the whole goal of these organizations, because without division and someone to blame, you can't properly socially engineer people. BLM is just another instance where social justice is trying to keep certain people stuck in their socio-economic doldrums. Classic democratic party playbook. Pretend to help people so you can continue to use them.

There is no doubt that the founding of BLM is based in social justice warring. I think there are most generally two kinds of SJW activists. There are the instigators who may or may not actually believe in the "social justice" but use it as a tool to push the means to an end. And then there are the useful idiots, who just get sucked up into it.

BLM was started as a hashtag and morphed into a movement by Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi. I really don't have any way of knowing if any of those three are instigators or useful idiots. For all we know, George Soros's Open Society Foundations may have been behind the whole thing from start to finish. They seem to be involved in funding them mow. Maybe they were behind it from the start. But find the smoking gun before deciding to believe that.

All I can say about it is what I can infer from what they say and what they do and what they don't do. And what they don't seem to do is condemn protesting when it involves violence. I truly believe they did not want that nutball in Dallas to shoot a bunch of cops. Regardless of what type of SJW they are, that's just bad for the cause.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Here's how you can tell it's a scam. It focuses on a very small percentage, but highly visible issue. It doesn't have any specific goals, purpose, or point of focus. Compare that to the actual civil rights movement, which affected a large percentage of people, had a specific goal (voting right, repeal of Jim Crow, etc), and relied on Dr. King as a pivotal focus point for reform. BLM is only focused on keeping people afraid and angry, so Democrats can control how they vote. Another reason you'll know it's scam is that it will have no staying power. Once the puppet masters see that it's not yielding the results they want they'll move on to the next scam. Why do you think it blew up so big right before a national election, and then got real quiet when the Dems lost? It'll be a footnote by June and most people won't even remember it.

Remember all the noise about access to healthcare? Are people any better off? No. Why don't we hear about it? I wonder...

How to keep people stuck in their circumstances:

1) Identify a "problem"

2) Blame someone

3) Promise Vengence/Retribution etc.

4) Blame someone, say something about access

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 ad nauseum.

6) Profit

You can apply that to drugs, poverty, education, healthcare, really just about anything you're not happy with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom