Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How many links to counterexamples are you providing? Unless you're trying to prove that sometimes officers overstep their authority, I don't see what other point you think you've proven. And that one isn't in dispute.

He won't put a number on it. Just trust him.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    There's no place on the planet that shooting blindly into the dark, and killing a man, would be considered reasonable.

inside of my house it considered reasonable and law of my land to shoot and kill someone that is in my house in the dark.......when they cross the threshold of my doorway i'm judge,jury and executioner if they are found in my house......

i would expect the same if i was in someones house unwanted....

https://www.gunlaws101.com/state/law/indiana/castle-doctrine

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How many links to counterexamples are you providing? Unless you're trying to prove that sometimes officers overstep their authority, I don't see what other point you think you've proven. And that one isn't in dispute.

I ask for ONE example of kids being treated the same way those kids were. One instance. If we're putting up data that illustrates equally in treatment, and given the population disparity, it should be incredibly easy to find, no?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I still cant get past the idea that if people COMPLIED WITH THE DIRECTIONS OF THE LEO that most of these shootings wouldnt take place. I just spent a half an hour watching body cam footage of young white men being shot by police. Every one failed to comply with orders given by the officer. Defiance of authority is not a blacks only thing obvioussly. But is there some reason why young black men feel the need to defy authority? Perhaps its beacause so many of them are raised in fatherless homes? I'm not trying to be callused here. I just see defiance of authority and not following directions given by law enforcement as a theme running through alot of these shootings.

If I got out of my car unbidden during a traffic stop with a handgun in my hand I would expect to get shot. Seems like common sense to me. Thats what killed Keith Scott.

Now teens holdiing bb guns being shot...unfortunate. But if the thug life hadnt been glamorized so much that young man wouldnt have sought the status of toting a gun. How do we address a situation created mostly by fatherlessness?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I ask for ONE example of kids being treated the same way those kids were. One instance. If we're putting up data that illustrates equally in treatment, and given the population disparity, it should be incredibly easy to find, no?

So, exactly how do I google for that? "Black cop pulls a gun on white kids in their back yard"?

You have to admit, that's a pretty rare story you found. So again, and I've asked you to do this several times, show me this is an epidemic. Showing me that case where the bad-ass, but kinda dumb cop who didn't shoot the armed drunk, doesn't show anything institutional. It shows a pretty extraordinary event. The kids in the back yard? Yeah, I don't think that happens every day either.

I'm not trying to say there are no longer racial problems. I just think you perceived that there are more than there are, and that it is more institutional than it is. Most of the cases where Black people are shot by white police--or ANY race of police, are cases where the shootings were justified. I saw some statistic earlier that 217 black people were shot by police so far in 2016. But to hear some from black communities tell it, it's as if innocent black people are killed by police every day. It's as if it's an epidemic. It's not.

What's the pattern again? Black guy gets shot by police. What's the spin? Racist cop kills innocent black guy reading a book. What are the facts? Turns out the black guy did something that justified lethal force, just like the cases of white guys getting shot by cops. We can list example after example of these highly publicized events where the initial narrative was blown up by the facts.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Police involved shootings aren't exactly swept under the rug. Given the disparity, in pure numbers, I'd challenge you to find me two instances within the past two years of a white person being shot under ridiculous circumstances. And for the record, number of deaths mean nothing. Not all of the instances I listed resulted in death. The argument you (I think) and others are making, is the same argument used to say that policing isn't dangerous, given the number of LE deaths compared to other occupations. It's not about deaths, it's about how interactions. Ya know the instance I told you about the kids in their backyard?
    Officer Suspended For Pulling Gun On Group Of Children Building A Tree Fort (Video)

Find me an instance EVER where such has occurred to kids, who were a little fairer in complexion. You see enough anecdotes, and it easily becomes belief.

I'm not arguing that police work is not dangerous. That's not even on the radar for this discussion, as far as I'm aware.

I previously pointed out a study to you that showed NO racial disparity in police-involved shootings (of which fatalities are a largely-arbitrary subset). My point here is much along the same lines. I honestly don't care about the ridiculousness of the circumstances; rather, I care whether the use of deadly force was justified or not. Anecdotes don't answer that question, so challenging me to find X number of similar incidents is not relevant.

Also, yet again: you refer to an anecdote in which the person involved faced consequences for his actions - so, where is the injustice?

"Username"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2016
    Everywhere, so far.
    Is it a movement? Is it an organization?

I saw the topic come up in another thread on the murders in Dallas.

The linked article from January of 16 gives some insight as to what "Black Lives Matter" really is and what is behind it.

Reds Exploiting Blacks: The Roots of Black Lives Matter

I thought it may be worth sharing here so people know and are aware.

Best regards.

Bumping to OP in an attempt to get the thread back on track.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    [video=youtube;j3enwhRfmM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3enwhRfmM4[/video]

Remember the time when someone tried to break into your house and couldn't so they decided to just sit on your front porch, in the middle of the day, waited for you to get home? Neither did I....

So if this guy had of gotten shot, would non-compliance have been the reason?
    :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At the Bears/Lions game.

Guessing another Harambe reference.

jZJNcg3.jpg

Status