Not open for further replies.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Somehow, I think that "supreme political authority," only applies the groups that he isn't a part of. Am I wrong?

Nothing happens on Earth (and extending at least to our solar system) that POTUS does not either allow or cause directly. That's why this election is so important.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait a minute...... you suggested I should join the police too.......
    You're not going all hornadylnl on me and suggesting I and others are cowards because we didn't join the Army or law enforcement... are you?

Is that what's in the back of your mind? Lol. If that's your reason... well :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're trying to be nice aren't you? Lol. You know I'm not buying that. And I know you're not buying that as well. We both know there's no such policies concerning BLM. And we both know the inappropriateness of using such power on American citizens. Well, assuming one they are American citizens.

I'll say this about that. I'm no where near calling Obama the "founder". But, Obama's comments on issues relating to BLM in the past have helped them become the parts of their cause that are harmful. If the POTUS must opine on these kinds of issues, I think it should not be divisive. When he says his son would look like Trayvon Marton, he's picking sides, especially without knowing the facts. That's divisive. And I think that was the point. When he lectures us on Furgeson, that was divisive as well. It certainly didn't do anything to bring the communities together.

If he must opine I think it should be only to encourage all sides to wait for the facts before investing too much emotion into it. If he'd have said that, I would respect that. But as has been with just about all his preaching, he ends up on the wrong side of the facts. What does that do to the Black community? Doesn't that encourage them to overreact before all the facts come out? As we've seen this pattern repeated over and over, what's going to happen when the black officer in NC doesn't get charged? What's going to happen when the officer in Tulsa beats the charge? Wouldn't it be better just to be honest about reality up front?

Zimmerman was acquitted because he was overcharged.

Deron Wilson was never charged because his use of deadly force was justified.

The cops charged in Baltimore didn't stick because they had no evidence that any one of them contributed to that death.

And both of these latest incidents seem to be shaping up to the same pattern. Incident -> riot -> no charges/acquital -> more rioting -> stronger BLM for the next cycle. I tend to suspect that's by design.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll say this about that. I'm no where near calling Obama the "founder". But, Obama's comments on issues relating to BLM in the past have helped them become the parts of their cause that are harmful. If the POTUS must opine on these kinds of issues, I think it should not be divisive. When he says his son would look like Trayvon Marton, he's picking sides, especially without knowing the facts. That's divisive. And I think that was the point. When he lectures us on Furgeson, that was divisive as well. It certainly didn't do anything to bring the communities together.

If he must opine I think it should be only to encourage all sides to wait for the facts before investing too much emotion into it. If he'd have said that, I would respect that. But as has been with just about all his preaching, he ends up on the wrong side of the facts. What does that do to the Black community? Doesn't that encourage them to overreact before all the facts come out? As we've seen this pattern repeated over and over, what's going to happen when the black officer in NC doesn't get charged? What's going to happen when the officer in Tulsa beats the charge? Wouldn't it be better just to be honest about reality up front?

Zimmerman was acquitted because he was overcharged.

Deron Wilson was never charged because his use of deadly force was justified.

The cops charged in Baltimore didn't stick because they had no evidence that any one of them contributed to that death.

And both of these latest incidents seem to be shaping up to the same pattern. Incident -> riot -> no charges/acquital -> more rioting -> stronger BLM for the next cycle. I tend to suspect that's by design.

Ok, the president has been called the founder of ISIS and BLM, and then it was suggested that he use his authority to stop or slow BLM. If one is making a equivalency between ISIS and BLM, while speaking of presidential authority, or failure of, to check those groups, it goes a fair bit beyond rhetoric.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ok, the president has been called the founder of ISIS and BLM, and then it was suggested that he use his authority to stop or slow BLM. If one is making a equivalency between ISIS and BLM, while speaking of presidential authority, or failure of, to check those groups, it goes a fair bit beyond rhetoric.

I dunno about that. What said on INGO goes beyond rhetoric?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wait a minute...... you suggested I should join the police too.......
    You're not going all hornadylnl on me and suggesting I and others are cowards because we didn't join the Army or law enforcement... are you?
    I think I threatened to join the Kurdish Air Force when he was calling everyone out back then.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    #alllivesmatter is trending on Twitter. The the wires on the interwebz are melting because Lebron James said all lives matter.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, that's the reality of today. I'd be fine with it if they were even handed. If they don't want players making political statements then they should just say that. But they're effectively saying, players can't make political statements against progressives politicians or progressive causes.

MLB is not the NFL. Nor have I seen any such vulgarity out of any other players.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom