• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hope so! The problem is that the race baiters aren't laughing.

"Don't hate the black...Don't hate the white...If you get bitten...Just hate the bite..." Sly Stone

[video=youtube;6q1vAa0br0w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q1vAa0br0w[/video]

Whenever I feel bummed about this crap I watch this.....

[video=youtube;Pwe-pA6TaZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwe-pA6TaZk[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you're ok with the guy who got shot in the back running away?
    or
    the guy who was getting his driver's license and caught a few rounds?
    or
    the guy in the Wal-Mart holding the gun shot in the aisle?
    or
    the guy who had the gun placed to his temple?
    or
    the kids (5th graders) who had a gun pulled on them in their backyard, while building a treehouse?
    or
    beating to a pulp a woman on the highway?
    or
    the guy who got shot in the stairwell because he startled an officer?
    or
    the elderly man killed during a "welfare check" after he wouldn't open the door?

That falls into "the rest of the time," for you?

There are things that justify levels of force. I imagine police are trained to understand under which circumstances a given level of force is justified. I think part of that goes to an officer's discretion about what he or she perceives is the danger. In the case of d

The examples you've cited, I think the force used was not necessary. Is that unique to people of color? (BTW, I think "PoC" is a silly way of saying it: I have color, for example. I'm currently "red" from sunburn, yet I'm not a "PoC"). I think saying, "person of color" is inherently racist. But since that's the nomenclature used these days, I guess we're stuck with it.

Anyway, Police abuse is not unique to PoC. And if it is disproportionately done to PoC given the proportionality of contacts, that seems like a training issue. I agree with you that in a lot of cases, it's just perceived fear. I think that's what happened in the Tulsa incident. Was it an issue of race? If it were a large white man who appeared to be under the influence of something, would she have shot in the same circumstances?

Probably we might both answer that question differently. And that makes this issue very difficult to solve because you have your biases and I have mine. She didn't seem all that scared leading up to her acknowledgement of his state of mind. She seemed to be managing it. She seemed, at least according to her narrative, very afraid after learning his state of mind. So I can't say with any confidence that race was involved.

The officer that shot the guy in NC was reported to be black, himself. So this wasn't white on black. Do you think he was more afraid of a black man than he would have been of a white man? Given that they were both black, do you have any insight into why he might be more afraid of a black man than he would have been of a white man?

And if you and I both agreed that the NC incident wasn't actually about race at all--maybe the officer just over-reacted to the situation, or maybe he reacted the appropriately--how can that be communicated to the Black community in a way that diffuses the situation rather than causing them believe that their grievances are yet again going unanswered?

Right now, I think public sentiment driven by media and agendas makes it impossible to diffuse tensions in the black community without lying to them. And I think that just adds few to future tensions for when the outcome is known. Just like with Ferguson, or Baltimore. Officers involved either go through a grand jury or are actually charge (usually overcharged), and then when the facts come out and no charges or acquittal, there's more rioting. I think the only way to stop this cycle is for the media, advocacy groups, and government/prosecutors to be honest up front.

But that doesn't happen. And I think it doesn't happen on purpose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you think after president Trump takes office, we can get back to just being people again? Not black, not white, just people, like before we elected the divisive president eight years ago?

I think what's happening with race now is on purpose. This is part of an ideological revolution to change societal norms. And if that means no dominance by any particular race or sex, I'm fine with that. But the Social Justice bull**** going on now goes well beyond that. This is intended to shift power to other classes rather than simply balancing power.

Trump isn't a god-man. A President Trump isn't going to stop that. It's way bigger than any one man.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think what's happening with race now is on purpose. This is part of an ideological revolution to change societal norms. And if that means no dominance by any particular race or sex, I'm fine with that. But the Social Justice bull**** going on now goes well beyond that. This is intended to shift power to other classes rather than simply balancing power.

Trump isn't a god-man. A President Trump isn't going to stop that. It's way bigger than any one man.

Do you think he will continue to stoke the fire like what has been going on the last 8 years?

See below for obama handling of race policy at work......

mVSTgZ.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you think he will continue to stoke the fire like what has been going on the last 8 years?

See below for obama handling of race policy at work......

mVSTgZ.gif

I wasn't referring to Trump as anything other than a not a race baiter or non liberal who would give race baiters credibility.

Sure, Obama stokes the fire. Just to be clear about what that fire is, BLM keeps telling us that there's a revolution, and they keep showing me who is supposed to have the power on the other end of it. And rather than race and sex no longer being considered for who has the political power--which I support--the new power structure still considers race and sex, it just switches which side has all the power.

And presumably a President Trump wouldn't continue to stoke that fire, but that's not saying he wouldn't stoke a different one.

But the revolutionary fire is going to be stoked regardless of who wins, it's just that that particular fire won't be stoked by the POTUS. That still doesn't resolve this societal revolution or do anything to make it raceless and sexless.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I think that a common theme among all those you listed was the persons unwillingness to obey officers commands. If they did what they were told then they would probably( most of them) still be alive today. There is always officer error, inexperience or whatever, folks make mistakes. Unfortunately when folks with guns make mistakes people can get killed.
    If BLM was really worried about black lives they would be trying to stop the black on black crime that makes up a very large percentage of the homicides perpetrated against black men in this country. Until they scream loudly about that I think they arent really about what they say they are about.
    They want police free zones.

BLM Founder: No More Police Is Solution To Race Riots | The Daily Caller

Lets give them what they want and watch the mass exodus of people from those areas.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that a common theme among all those you listed was the persons unwillingness to obey officers commands. If they did what they were told then they would probably( most of them) still be alive today. There is always officer error, inexperience or whatever, folks make mistakes. Unfortunately when folks with guns make mistakes people can get killed.
    If BLM was really worried about black lives they would be trying to stop the black on black crime that makes up a very large percentage of the homicides perpetrated against black men in this country. Until they scream loudly about that I think they arent really about what they say they are about.
    They want police free zones.

BLM Founder: No More Police Is Solution To Race Riots | The Daily Caller

Lets give them what they want and watch the mass exodus of people from those areas.

I think what that means, is national police rather than local police. It seems that has been the wet dream of progressives for a while.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Obama is the "founder" of BLM in the same fashion that he is the "founder" of ISIS. He stood back, allowing them to build, when he could have used his authority to slow or even stop their growth.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obama is the "founder" of BLM in the same fashion that he is the "founder" of ISIS. He stood back, allowing them to build, when he could have used his authority to slow or even stop their growth.

Funny how when people don't agree with some things, they have no issue with the govt becoming tyrannical in oppressing them. Imagine your fear wouldn't serve you well in you were in LE.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Even taken figuratively, it's really a stretch. I think it's fine to say he's an instigator of both. But I have a hard time morphing "instigator" into "founder" even figuratively.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Even taken figuratively, it's really a stretch. I think it's fine to say he's an instigator of both. But I have a hard time morphing "instigator" into "founder" even figuratively.

Let's say bwframe is right. Exactly what authority is he talking about, and exactly how is it used?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Let's say bwframe is right. Exactly what authority is he talking about, and exactly how is it used?

Supreme political authority of Earth, POTUS, the throne of unlimited power from which the most or, alternatively, 2nd most evil god-person available is given the mandate to rule us all and create more government dependency.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Supreme political authority of Earth, POTUS, the throne of unlimited power from which the most or, alternatively, 2nd most evil god-person available is given the mandate to rule us all and create more government dependency.

Somehow, I think that "supreme political authority," only applies the groups that he isn't a part of. Am I wrong?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What? When has that ever happened? :stickpoke: bwframe

I think what he's saying is that whatever authority he used to make policies that helped BLM or ISIS become what they have, he could have used that authority to not.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Funny how when people don't agree with some things, they have no issue with the govt becoming tyrannical in oppressing them. Imagine your fear wouldn't serve you well in you were in LE.

Wait a minute...... you suggested I should join the police too.......
    You're not going all hornadylnl on me and suggesting I and others are cowards because we didn't join the Army or law enforcement... are you?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What? When has that ever happened? :stickpoke: bwframe

I think what he's saying is that whatever authority he used to make policies that helped BLM or ISIS become what they have, he could have used that authority to not.

You're trying to be nice aren't you? Lol. You know I'm not buying that. And I know you're not buying that as well. We both know there's no such policies concerning BLM. And we both know the inappropriateness of using such power on American citizens. Well, assuming one they are American citizens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom